cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PARTIAL RESOLUTION - FULL FIX IN PROGRESS] Dropped Calls

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update as of 3:00PM ET 19/06/2024]: A solution for this issue was successfully implemented earlier this morning that should have resolved this issue for most customers. We understand some customers are still experiencing issues, and the team is working diligently to diagnose and resolve.

Hello Community,

We are aware that some of our subscribers are experiencing intermittent wireless service. We want you to know that our team is actively investigating this issue and is working around the clock to resolve this as quickly as possible.

We understand the importance of staying connected and we will make every effort to keep you, the Community, informed of our progress. We thank you for your patience and we appreciate your understanding during this time. Please continue to check this Community post for the latest updates.

- The Public Mobile Team

183 REPLIES 183

nuddy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

let’s face it.  Be honest  it’s ALL your customers who are suffering dropped calls . I put in ticket but responses were unhelpful and vague .  Gotta change carrier if this doesn’t improve.  

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Im in a major city in Nova Scotia, 40min call dropped 3 times.  Very frustrating. 

TopShape
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m in Montreal and I am surrounded by Telus towers.  I can see one down my street.  You can check which provider towers are near you by downloading and installing the Tower Locator app on your phone.  It will give you a map of all the neighbouring towers and specific radio bands they transmit at.  Yes I’ve worked in telecom for many years!  I think it’s a network issue and like Golfball agreed prior, if this happened on the Telus branded service I’m sure that Darell Entwistle the president would have been all over it so that it would not hit the mainstream press like the major Rogers failure that happened months ago.  Unfortunately we are just an online community of users expecting a business-like service at a discounted price and we have to wait our turn for problems to be fixed! 😖 I hope this resonates with the PM team so that they can push their internal Telus colleagues harder to action this and possibly do a firmware and/or hardware upgrade on their network….. my 2 cents!  Have a good day all, hopefully your connections will stay up!

kjames2001

I have also experienced this and just assumed it was something to do with my phone. Will be talking and the call is suddenly gone. Good to know Public Mobile is trying to figure it out. 

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TopShape wrote:

When will this issue be resolved?  Has the Telus network team been investigating or are PM issues at the bottom of their priority list?  We are paying customers too and some of us use the service for business purposes!  This is unacceptable.  Please advise!

@TopShape That's certainly how it feels. I reckon if Telus itself had this problem it would probably be fixed within hours or days, not weeks and months.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Is this maybe geography specific? I'm in Saskatchewan and have had reliable service (VoLTE and 3G on android 8.1)- maybe because Telus piggybacks off of SaskTel's network here instead of their own native network elsewhere? Or maybe I just don't make enough calls... 🤷‍

TopShape

When will this issue be resolved?  Has the Telus network team been investigating or are PM issues at the bottom of their priority list?  We are paying customers too and some of us use the service for business purposes!  This is unacceptable.  Please advise!

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've set up call forwarding to send all incoming calls to my Rogers line. This should at least stop incoming calls from dropping.

kork

I had three dropped calls yesterday.  I just had two more in the last 30 minutes (one call lasted about 15 mins and the other about 11 mins). 

My patience is getting super thin on this. I use this number for work.  I'm embarrassed that I've referred three people who have signed up to PM in the last month.

acinyyc

Had very important calls drop today, after the second we gave up, not a great experience as a new subscriber 

Gam33toronto

This worries me

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had 3 more disconnected calls again today. All exactly at mutiples of 3min again. Every disconnected call happens exactly on the zero seconds mark of some multiple of 3 minutes. I think PM better open up the source code for their software so we can debug it for them. This issue has gone on far too long now.

hi @rs97ap 

simply not doable as there is no Wifi Calling for PM.  I dont think any of PM's main competitor has that.  If you need Wifi Calling, you have to go with Koodo or Telus

rs97ap

How about you turn on “WiFi Calling” so that we do not need to rely on your finicky network?

HI @dappertiem 

this is certainly lots of frustration.  Some managed to get some kind of compensation after talking to agent, please check with them directly

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437      

dappertiem

Appreciate PM looking into this matter. My calls have been dropping since the start of April. Also, given the extreme delay in isolating and fixing this issue, what is PM going to do for its customers regarding compensation? 3 months of frustration is a bit extreme. Just to simply recognize the issue. PM has moved way to slow here.

Andy72

@kork  it is not your phone or network, this issue is on PM side.

5G is being used ONLY for data, when you make a call, it will switch to LTE to make the call hence it is called VoLTE.

changing your phone network to LTE or even 3G will not help and you will still have dropped calls.

no other choice to wait till PM sort this issue out, if not then move to another provider. (preferably not to Telus or Koodo as PM, Koodo are all Telus network) 

kork

I'm new to Public Mobile, 1 month.  Since joining, I've had many calls dropped.  Yesterday, I was frustrated and called a competitor provider to switch and about 20 mins into the call, my call dropped!!! 

This morning, I was talking to my mom and poof!  Call dropped again! 

Is this a Public Mobile isolated issue, or is to Network wide with Telus and Koodo?  I never had these issues with Koodo and my wife and daughter (who are still with Koodo) don't have dropped calls either.  Is it 5G network? If I switch to LTE will I have more stability?

Gam33toronto

Its always been an issue with dropped calls. but yesterday it was getting out of hand. i was on a call with a company and it dropped on me twice. this HAS TO BE FIXED ASAP!

Rkmdh

I just started experiencing this last week. Hope it's resolved soon.

Nick271

I have 4 lines how do I get system issue refund. I have complained and nothing happens. Every one says how do you stay with this carrier.  Maybe it's time to move on. 🤔 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sharing a data point on random call dropping with the community.  Public Mobile to Public Mobile call was dropping randomly between 3-10 minutes for me.  After 3 drops, I called the same person using my Rogers wireless home phone, managed to complete a 90 minute call with no drops.  This problem is very annoying.  

Tom191

I have been experiencing frequent call drops with Public Mobile. This issue occurs randomly, even though I am using a new device, and it seems to be widespread among my friends as well. Currently, I am exploring other providers for more reliable service.

Beowulf15

Ive had issues with PM since signing up last summer.

At that time, I lived in the Kootenanys, BC and told myself the reason was due to my location then.

i have moved across the country, NS, and still have the same issue.

Contacted PM around March/April 2024 and was told things looked good on their end.

Apple replaced my iPhone 14 Pro Max in May but the issue persists.

OldMin

I would have switched carrier if I didn’t pay for the 90-day plan. If it was a 30-day plan, I would have switched in a heartbeat.

This call dropping is just plain awful. I wouldn’t dare to make an important call that I expect to last more than 3 minutes. For such calls, I had to go home and use the home phone instead.

Donavan

Please let us know when it's resolved as I've been experiencing dropped calls for the last 3 months and I'm ready to switch carriers as it's become unbearable.   Sadly I've had 3 people switch over to PM based on my recommendation and I'm regretting that decision now.

MrWrightGuy

I am having the same problem since I have switched to public mobile. 

Tom22335566

only took 3 months for you guys to realize there are issues? I just let out a loud sigh. Well, half the people I know who were with PM are now with Rogers, Fido, Fizz etc....including my wife who has had zero issues with anything since I put her on FIDO 3 weeks ago. I'm still slogging with PM everyday...with dropped calls and 5G signal cut outs

Daromun1

I thought it was just me! This has happened several times over the past few months. Here I was blaming the people I was on the phone with. I hope this is resolved very soon.

Steve5439

This has been happening for months. How is it you're just investigating it now? We should be compensated for the terrible service. 

Need Help? Let's chat.