cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

@Pawprints1986  Excellent choice....make sure you get referred as well to get the $10 credit. Anytime you have any more questions ask away! We're always happy to help! While you are waiting for your SIM card drop by the community and learn a little more about public mobile. Check out the search bar, your settings, private messages,  the tool bar, the help sections how to guide on activations....have you decided on your plan?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 look at the first post in this thread

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986  They will have you verify your new account thru your community or self serve account first. Once you do that and private message them back that you have verified you can include in that message your koodo account #, phone # to be ported and your full name on your koodo account. Make sure your community email and email you activate with are the same....so you are eligible to recieve community rewards.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Koodo account is not post-paid, not that it matters I still cannot port my number which is the whole point. Who are the Moderators? Telus employees? Regardless, one of the attractions of PM was doing myself and now I can't while those without Koodo numbers can do it in minutes.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@imager wrote:

My Koodo account is not post-paid, not that it matters I still cannot port my number which is the whole point. Who are the Moderators? Telus employees? Regardless, one of the attractions of PM was doing myself and now I can't while those without Koodo numbers can do it in minutes.

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Highlighted

If you read my posts, you'd see that I've never complained about customer service, there isn't any. I am complaining about a self-serve system that is not fully functional.

Highlighted

That is correct. I have a functioning sim with a temporary number.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@imager wrote:

If you read my posts, you'd see that I've never complained about customer service, there isn't any. I am complaining about a self-serve system that is not fully functional.

imager...no matter what type of system that is out there you will always have bugs due to system upgrades, etc. 

PM knows what the problem is and they will inform us when it is fixed. No system is fool proof.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@imager  As @JoyLuck  has provided the info you require I will explain why....koodo and pm share the exact same system so you cannot port your number in because it's not going to be ported. It is going to be transferred from your koodo prepaid account to your pm prepaid account. You cant port a number out thats  using the same system. It's like your switching it from one koodo account to another koodo account.

Highlighted

Thank you.