cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

@imager  No worries....im always happy to help. Welcome to public mobile.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

@darlicious I'm going to be going with the $25 plan, with preauthorized payment. I will have the same thing I'm paying koodo for now but for $23 instead of $35 without taxes... I do enjoy saving money lol. At first though I have a feeling it will be more until I'm fully ported with covid19 going on. Will be paying for 2 services at first, I'm thinking possibly a week even ? Hopefully faster than that but not sure how busy they are. But still worth it to me to feel completely safe with keeping my number. 

 

PS is a temporary number called a temporary number at sign up? Or would I technically be choosing "new number" ?

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

@Pawprints1986 it would be a new number.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

@Pawprints1986  I haven't heard what the latest service times are for the moderators maybe we will get an idea before you activate. But i would put it at 48 hrs....think about porting it yourself and we can talk you thru it. It would be almost impossible to lose your phone number....your port might get stuck.....so then you would have to wait the same amount of time for a moderator. You would end up having outgoing calls and texts on your pm SIM card and incoming on your koodo SIM card. If you have two phones you can manage with a card in each phone to be able to call / text out on one and recieve on the other. But while you wait you will likely be able to call the telus porting department (same as the mods) and they can fix it in about 15 minutes depending if they have high call volumes ( probably not). I would say you have a 5% chance of problem and a 95% chance at success. So have a good think......

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

Only part that makes me nervous is something going wrong mid port or activation on my end and having to lose my number as a result... Can they absolutely 100% still use my number should something happen mid registration ?

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

It's counter-intuitive, but yes, you choose a new number.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

You will not lose it unless you cancel it. Keep your old number active on it's sim card and everything will be fine.

 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

I am having trouble selecting a new phone number at activation?OnlineActivation/PhoneNumber/LoadErrorMessage

is what is popping up and the calling area fields are all blank...help please

 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

@sarahreynoldsis try activating again, clear your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to do it. Here's an article on activating https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

Thanks for the information.