cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

@imager  Did you have a question?  Many people prefer to pay a higher plan cost at another provider because they prefer to pay for an employee to manage their account for them. People who choose public mobile prefer to keep most of their money in their wallets and do most of their account management themselves. It's similar to dining out or cooking at home. It just depends on how much you want to spend and how much you want to do yourself.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That has nothing to do with it. Prior to managing my account I require a logical functioning system.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

It all depends on making do with what you have and and choosing what to do with it. I can make eggs Benedict on a campfire and you probably choose to go to Sunday brunch. You probably have to work much harder and longer for the same meal than I do. It's just where you decide to put your effort.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@imager wrote:

That has nothing to do with it. Prior to managing my account I require a logical functioning system.

@imager  That's absolutely fine but don't assume because you pay more the system functions any better....for the same $25 plan public mobile offers you pay $45 at koodo. The same great coverage on the telus network and exactly the same system. You just pay about $25 (incl tax) more so a koodo employee manages any account issues for you instead of doing most of that yourself at public mobile. It's all about choice....and the choice is yours to make! I choose to have a $0 account and help out other members on the community instead.

Highlighted

Don't fill the airways with things I already know. If you're going to reply stick to the issue - a system that is not fully functioning. Thx

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@imager wrote:

Don't fill the airways with things I already know. If you're going to reply stick to the issue - a system that is not fully functioning. Thx

What part of this system isn't working for you ? You're currently posting to a Community Forum, made up of seasoned Public Mobile users who are glad to offer suggestions to any questions you have. The system is working for most customers...you don't hear from them as they're happy with the service.

If you don't like PM, you have choices elsewhere. PM will be here when you want to return. You shouldn't fault anyone who's trying to help you understand your options. You posted your comments first...someone just offered their insight. Take what info you need and leave the rest.

Highlighted

I would have thought that the title of this series was self-explanatory. If I had an issue other than the ability to port my Koodo number and utilize my account I would have posted it elsewhere. 

I suspect that unless you have a connection to Mother Telus nothing will improve until Telus devotes more resources to the problem. This situation has been in existence for weeks which I think is untenable for those who require their Koodo number for business purposes.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@imager  So the issue you are having is having to contact the moderators to port your phone number from your koodo postpaid account after you have already activated your pm account with a temporary number?

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Honestly the saving money here is just a bonus perk, I prefer doing anything I can myself without having to wait on hold calling one of the bigger companies

I think I'm going to choose the temporary number option when I activate and then have a moderator port just so I can be 100% sure I won't lose my number but after that anything I can take care of on my end is just a bonus, especially with normally having to keep weird hours so most of my awake time the call centers are closed anyway

Just to the person complaining about customer service here, just my 2 cents 🤷‍

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just thinking to ask this though, what info will the moderators need to do the switch? Just thinking if I can include that in my first message to them I can help them and myself speed up the process a bit?