cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before February 8, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

280 REPLIES 280

Tami333
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went in store to activate a new account on Jan 18.... I didn't know about this promotion nor did the representatives mention it to me.

Am I not able to receive it now? 😞

Tami333

Hi Catherine, I went in store to get set up with Public Mobile on Jan 18.

Can I still get my free 2nd month? Do i have to go back to the store to do it?  

@toffee_swirls 

It doesn't matter if you activated before the reminder email its just further assurance that you qualified for the promo. The terms of the promo state the 5gb data add on and the 30 day credit will be added to your account within 30 days. But typically the 5gb gets added about day 8 or 9. The 30 day credit will be added 5 business days after "your" promo ends (check the "activate by"date in your email.)

If you are missing either promo by day 25 you can contact the moderators then and ask that they add them to your account.

@toffee_swirls 

First page on thread very 1st post list the criteria and eligibility requirements. Basically you had to enter your email on the promotion link before activating on an eligible plan. If you followed the steps as per the terms. Within 30 days you'll receive the credit and one time bonus add-on.

Screenshot_20210118_211743.jpg

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus. That would be credited to your account within 72 hours of activation.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

toffee_swirls
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received the confirmation email a week after I submitted my email. I didn't realize there would be confirmation email so I already activated my account before then. Does that mean I'm not eligible for the second month or will it still work? Is there someone I should contact to double check?

Edit: Saw in another post that I should check my promos 20-30 days after the activation date for the second month credit. Will do that for now. Please lmk if that is not correct.

@laurabellee , you've obviously been identified as qualifying for the promo, so I'm sure your 2nd month promo will come when required.

laurabellee

Thanks! I will wait and see. I signed up by before the January 15th promo. No credit yet for the free month. Maybe it will be within  30 days as they promised. I did get the 5 GB data, though! Cheers.

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great!  Keep up with the promos and savings!

If you entered your email address in for the promo before your activation you'll see the promo items within 30 days as per the promo details. If not contact the moderators for help with that using the chat bubble at the page bottom right corner.

lbctymouse

Morning,

I have 2 questions.

1. Both of my wife and I activated our PM SIM card on 13th of Jan, $23/month for my wife, $28/month for me, but only my wife got the promotion email on the 21th of Jan. I got nothing. That's so weird.  

2. I was wondering if my wife is qualified for the offer. If yes, how to proceed?

Thanks,

Brian

@sshah4 

When did you activate? Please note my post above yours and @esjliv  post mentions around day 9 you will recieve the 5gb data bonus. You can contact the moderators by day 25 if your cycle if you are missing one or both of your eligible promos.

@esjliv wrote:

@sshah4 wrote:

I did not receive. I activated new SIM and sent message earlier but still don't see 5 GB data and one month free. So disappointed.

xxxxxxxx

Please credit asap.

@sshah4 did you submit your email into the email entry promo field before activating, and then activated with PM?

If you followed all the terms and conditions of the promo the 5GB should arrive in your account first about 8-14 day after activation.

And the 2nd 30 day free credit should show up between 20-30 days on your account.

If still nothing and you are looking to inquire further contact the mods.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@sshah4 

Please edit out your email by going to the 3 dots top right corner of your post. This is a public forum it can be exploited.

Edit: Your name too might be a good idea......

@computergeek541 

Can you help out please and thank you.

@sshah4 wrote:

I did not receive. I activated new SIM and sent message earlier but still don't see 5 GB data and one month free. So disappointed.

xxxxxxxx

Please credit asap.

Hello @sshah4  - This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the 3 dots at top, right of your post.

sshah4

My email id is 

Please credit asap.

edited by computergeek541: e-mail address removed

As I suspected might be the case.....my friend messaged me to tell me he recieved his 30 day credit in his account on Friday (January 22nd) exactly 5 business days after the promotion he signed up for "ended" (January 15th.) The "end" date that appeared on his reminder to activate email from pm.

Again....I suspect the next added credit for 30 days will be added on January 30th. ( for the promo ending on January 25th.)

goatowlpig

@TCFF Just so you are aware you're not alone I had the EXACT same issue, received e-mail today thanking me for signing up for new year bonus when I signed up over 2 weeks ago. I'm also now signed up with public as well so you won't be the only one with this problem. If you don't receive the bonus within 30 days make a ticket and explain the situation.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TCFF wrote:

Hi, I signed up on the 14th using that boxing week promotion (entered mail around the 8, then ordered sim and activated on the 14). I just got the mail today saying I was eligible, must choose plan, etc. But I already did all that, so will the credit juste eventually roll in. Also, that 5 GB, does it last forever, I know it's a one time thing but I mean if I'm on a 1 GB monthly plan and use under 1 GB, will that extra 5 keep on getting transferred from months to months? 

Thanks to whomever takes time to respond...

You'll get it within 30 days.

The 5GB is there until you use it - it only gets used after your plan data.

@TCFF wrote:

Hi, I signed up on the 14th using that boxing week promotion (entered mail around the 8, then ordered sim and activated on the 14). I just got the mail today saying I was eligible, must choose plan, etc. But I already did all that, so will the credit juste eventually roll in. Also, that 5 GB, does it last forever, I know it's a one time thing but I mean if I'm on a 1 GB monthly plan and use under 1 GB, will that extra 5 keep on getting transferred from months to months? 

The 5GB of add-on data will get used if/when your regular plan data reaches it limit for this plan period. Whatever data add-on is remaining at renewal...it'll just roll over until you do use it all. That could take several months or longer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TCFF : These add-ons last until you use them all. They just stay on the account until needed. Think of them as your overage bucket.

Officially, they drop if you change your plan and/or become suspended.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@TCFF wrote:

You will receive the credit within 30 days from activation. When you receive the 5 GB it rolls over each cycle until consumed.

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30  days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  2. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 days of activating if applicable.

TCFF

Yatti420

I already used a promo code for bonus 2gb data. Aswell as signed up - ordered a SIM card and activated before I saw this? Is it possible to get a second month free aswell or is this a trade off for free data? Thanks,

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@alexpm wrote:

@dabr thanks. I understand the 30 days but you know if something is not done approaching deadline, it is not always a good sign.  I know we can always contact Mods to apply credit. But I'd like to avoid being charged first (I may cancel the account after second month).

@alexpm   I absolutely understand your POV and ideally you should have received both the bonus data and plan equivalent credit at the same time.  Generally you shouldn't need to contact moderators and these things get added before your next renewal but once in awhile something messes up and hence the need to contact moderators. 

However, if you feel you may cancel the account after the second 30 days, then I would wait until day 28 or so and contact moderators just to be on the safe side.  I'm sure they will apply the credit manually at that time before your renewal.

alexpm

@dabr thanks. I understand the 30 days but you know if something is not done approaching deadline, it is not always a good sign.  I know we can always contact Mods to apply credit. But I'd like to avoid being charged first (I may cancel the account after second month).

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@alexpm wrote:

I have received the 5GB bonus but have not received the credit for second month.

My account still shows

• Payment Due Before: Jan 26, 2021

Do I need to worry as there is only one week to renewal due?

@alexpm   The promo details say to allow 30 days for the bonus data/credit to be added to your account.  If you don't get it by the time your account renews then you would need to contact moderators to manually apply your credit which will be used towards the following renewal.

alexpm

I have received the 5GB bonus but have not received the credit for second month.

My account still shows

• Payment Due Before: Jan 26, 2021

Do I need to worry as there is only one week to renewal due?

Need Help? Let's chat.