cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before February 8, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

280 REPLIES 280

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@YvonA wrote:

ok, how to i deactivate my account, then i will reactivate online? to get my promo!

@YvonA You will lose any money spent to this point. Plus the date to enter email is past. Make sure before you go ahead with this. If you signed up to your current account with the email you submitted, you would probably need a new one as well.

@YvonA wrote:

ok, how to i deactivate my account, then i will reactivate online? to get my promo!

Sorry, but there are no refunds for services that have already been paid for. If you're going to try to get a refund, you're going to have to ask the moderators, so you might as well ask if they can apply the promotion for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YvonA wrote:

You can do it all again and abandon this account. You'll need a new unique email address or change the old one. And you'll need a new SIM. And a new number.

Edit: oh and remove your payment card from the old one.

YvonA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

YvonA

Hi, yes i submitted email, yes i understand the 5gb data is a one time amount, but im being told because i never activated online on dont get bonus 5gb or 1 month free? i did get $25 dollar plan plus direct account pay so saving $2 dollars as  well

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@YvonA wrote:

i did  submit email on the 23rd but i did not activate online, was not told i had to to qualify, i would like my 5gb data please!

@YvonA Seemed pretty clear on the promo...

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 6.15.55 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YvonA wrote:

i did  submit email on the 23rd but i did not activate online, was not told i had to to qualify, i would like my 5gb data please!

Did you get a $25 or more plan? Still...you didn't qualify for the promo. About all you can do is beg for goodwill. Also be aware that the 5gb is one time. You don't keep getting it. Then you use it for as long as you haven't consumed it.

YvonA

@YvonA wrote:

hi, do i still get my free 5gb of data by having the retailer Koodo activate my account for me with there free sim card i was told i am entiltled to that but i never activated online 

When this offered was renamed to New Year Savings and offer expiry dates changed, all references to in-store activation were removed. Sorry, but this offer was only advertised as being for online activations.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@YvonA  Only if you did this:

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here (by January 25, 2021)
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before February 8, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

Here are details link. <<<

@darlicious wrote:

@Gerald1 

Use this link to register your email:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/boxingweek

Edit: The deadline was yesterday but it is still accepting emails and giving a confirmation message so it cant hurt.....

@Catherine_T 

Is the registration period for this offer over or will this still be honored?

YvonA

hi, do i still get my free 5gb of data by having the retailer Koodo activate my account for me with there free sim card i was told i am entiltled to that but i never activated online 

@Gerald1 

Use this link to register your email:

Edit: The deadline was yesterday but it is still accepting emails and giving a confirmation message so it cant hurt.....

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kb_mv They added a date

without warning. Bad.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gerald1 The link never worked. Did you submit email addresss on the new year promo page before activation? You'll have to explain to moderators if you didn't.

Scarlett11

@Gerald1 , permitted that you entered the same email to qualify for the 5 gb prior to activating yesterday (using the same email ) everything should be good. Also if you head to the PM main page and click plans the link for the bonus is currently still showing. 
Welcome to Public Mobile!

also, you must have activated $25 plan or more.

@Gerald1 wrote:
The link is not working but I activated just 1 day ago, which means im eligible right? It only brings me to a page with people icons switching... Is there something wrong? The offer is down? Taken out early? Please advise tahsnk.

@Gerald1 Try this link:

Edit: I should more closely read the message lol. If you activated yesterday and did not enter your email first, you are out of luck I think.

Gerald1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
The link is not working but I activated just 1 day ago, which means im eligible right? It only brings me to a page with people icons switching... Is there something wrong? The offer is down? Taken out early? Please advise tahsnk.

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great offer for new customers!

ml121
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Submit my email address, didn't receive a confirmation message. Please help!

Thank you.

thinkpink7380

You guys are truly amazing. Sharing the knowledge you have with newbies may seem small...but it's a huge deal. Some get lost in the transition from wired to wireless...  Believe me I seen it up close and personal lol. Hats of moderatos and vokubtreeeeeerw

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Tami333 

Did you port your number in ? Or pick a new one?

There isn't any condition with respect to this promotion when it comes to selecting a new phone number or porting one in.

@computergeek541 

Well if I must explain my question.....if @Tami333  chose a new number(as in not attached to it) and her renewal is February 17th and activated with no incentives there is no reason to not order a cheap simcard from CCS and register a new email for the promo. Then activate the new sim on the last day of the promo.There is 10 days of overlapping service but that number can be downgraded and suspended via lost/stolen to keep the voicemail active if needed if they wish to keep it.

If on the $25 plan for an extra $10 ($2 sim+$8/9 days xx service) the customer would gain a $25 credit+ $10 referral credit (again)=$35+5gb data add on ($75)=$110 value for an extra $10 investment. Now you know my reasoning behind my question ......

@thinkpink7380 wrote:

How can I get the promotion added to my account? As I still have not received either credit for the data or free month. I'm on the $50 plan. So I should be eligible.

I'm on my second month now.

Thanks again for your time and help.

@thinkpink7380 

As mentioned in previous post, if you meet the criteria of the promotion, you will need to contact moderator.

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the blue chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

thinkpink7380

How can I get the promotion added to my account? As I still have not received either credit for the data or free month. I'm on the $50 plan. So I should be eligible.

I'm on my second month now.

Thanks again for your time and help.

@thinkpink7380 wrote:

My free promotion has not been added to my account and I am on my second month. I also have not been able to get the free 5g of data.

Did you activate at least a $25 plan?  Assuming all conditions were met, the only people who can correct his would be the modeartors. Open a ticket by going to: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

thinkpink7380

My free promotion has not been added to my account and I am on my second month. I also have not been able to get the free 5g of data.

@darlicious wrote:

@Tami333 

There isn't any condition with respect to this promotion when it comes to selecting a new phone number or porting one in.

@Tami333 

Tami333

Thanks for your quick response

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tami333 : It's for online activations only. Not in-store.

Need Help? Let's chat.