cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before February 8, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

280 REPLIES 280

laurabellee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It has now been over 30 days. The only thing I have not yet received is the credit for the next free month. What do I do now pls? Thank you! 🙂

Phil330

I have still not received either the 5GB bonus or the free month credit, my first month is ending and my account will new on the 12th so my second month payment is due tomorrow. PM stipulates that it can take up to 30 days to have any credits applied and the moderator team has made it clear not to contact them prior to that. It is what it is I'm afraid but I will follow through with the moderator team tomorrow.

Scarlett11

@RF73 - newbie to PM here:) my 5gb bonus happened fairly quickly (within the first week after activation) but the funds in my account for the second month took more like 3 weeks. How long has it been for you since activating?

@RF73 wrote:

Why is it so hard to receive my free month and 5 free one time gigs,it says expired but they have my email confirmation,I think my free month should be applied to my account 

It says expried to customers who got the free 30 days too. It says that to everyone during the renewals. Look if the funds were added to your accoutnt balance. 

RF73

Why is it so hard to receive my free month and 5 free one time gigs,it says expired but they have my email confirmation,I think my free month should be applied to my account 

SparkleHeart82

@HALIMACS I got my free month with no trouble. My boyfriend signed up for the $15 plan (he rarely uses the phone only for anything important) and he hasn't got his free second month credit as of yet. Almost a month now. Looks like another message to the moderator.

@SparkleHeart82 wrote:

@HALIMACS I contacted the moderator and they added the 5G dara on for me in pretty short order 🙂

Excellent to hear.

Now, what about the 2nd month free credit?  Are they gonna complete things and provide for that as well?

Phil330

Thanks for that:) I figured I don't really have any choice but to wait so no point in sweating it, it seems the the focus is all about the 30 day wait and I would venture a guess that this was emphasized in the moderators initial training. Like all training it can't account for every situation and adding the credits now would be a step outside of the box the moderator is not prepared to do for whatever reason. I only have 3 more days to wait before the 30 day objection to help is removed:)

@mister 

If you need that much mobile data you should be looking at other providers. Public mobile has never been marketed for the high data user. Check to see if you can get a decent signal to take advantage of the $45 unlimited data plan from shaw mobile or look at the $75/20gb share plan from telus or perhaps you're in an area that qualifies for the telus hub ( portable wifi.)

@Phil330 

Only the wind knows why they won't add the data or the 30 day credit now....I helped a friend activate on the same promo on new years eve. A day later he had to contact the moderators on an unrelated matter. The moderator volunteered to add his 5gb data bonus since he already had to access the account. 

Your moderator is being.......ummmm......lets say stubborn. But you are being amazingly laid back about the whole thing. So I suppose go with the flow and just provide your honest opinion in the review link so some additional training can be arranged. 

SparkleHeart82

Yes it was. There's more perks to Public Mobile versus other prepaid phone services like not having to wait for hours to talk to someone on a phone, credit earnings, community rewards, etc. Love it so far. I also got the $15 30 day plan for my elderly father and with unlimited incoming calls and with add on minutes it's perfect for him. 

Phil330

Was that after the initial 30 days?

SparkleHeart82

@HALIMACS I contacted the moderator and they added the 5G dara on for me in pretty short order 🙂

mister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If they can add a bonus they can also remove the pending one that failed to activate!

But what do I know, I am sick of the 8 GB a month crap and having to have 6 sims and accounts just to get enough data for work. Especially when have the data is used by the phone itself. $300 bucks a month is too much for this crap, I can 150 GB from shaw for half that. Better yet I can get unlimited data from SaskTel, one of the few "peoples crown corps" left.

I met somebody with another service who showed me their plan and for the same price they get 16 GB a month. 

Canadians are the only nation where we get fleeced for data. In every nation on earth they can get plans with unlimited data for a reasonable price. No matter what the CRTC does to try to protect us, these corporations try to screw us over.

Telus used to be owned by the people of Canada like all provincial telecoms and now all our crap has been sold by shifty dealings. They put all our crap in a garage sale and call it "publicly traded" without our permission. 

Now we have to suck it up and pay dividends to the rest of the world for our own "peoples crown corporations" in the form of being fleeced by all these games!

I'm sick of it and I want my nation back the way it was 60 years ago!

Screw the phone service!

@Anonymous 

Edit: @darlicious : did you get a notification with your tag in the tags area?

Nope.

Phil330

I'm gonna stay positive for now, I did continue the thread with the moderator and it was reconfirmed I should wait until the 30 days has expired but I can contact the moderator directly without submitting another ticket to have everything corrected if need be. Worst case scenario it will end up being 3rd month for free and still the 5GB. I was concerned that moderators would not be able to make the adjustment after the initial 30 days but it doesn't look like that will be a problem for them. At this point I will see how everything goes before submitting as maybe they do not want to have my benefitts doubled up if the system automatically applies the credits after they do a manual adjustment?? I can't think of any other reason to avoid applying it now.....we shall see.

@Phil330 

Be sure to ask for a review link after dealing with a moderator so you can provide feedback to pm on how they can improve customer support.

@Catherine_T 

Gee is it any wonder how the moderators can get backed up drowning in support tickets when this is the the kind of response a customer gets? Are these moderators power tripping or just lazy? There is no excuse for this behavior/response from a moderator. Obviously there must be a disconnect between their job title and their job description. We spend a lot of time advising customers to not waste the moderators time so that customer support remains timely and efficient. This does the very opposite.

Phil330

OMG 2nd ticket denied told to wait 30 days for automatic application of %GB and free month...sigh I guess I will have to wait 31 days and submit a 3rd ticket:(

Phil330

Yes

Phil330

Yes of course.

Phil330

1) one email address added before 25th Dec still no 5GB or free month credit

2) one email address added after 25th Dec on promo extension to Feb 8th and I already have the 5GB and the free month credit applied all is now good with the latest account line

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) no

6) Yes

7) No

😎 Yes

9) No Renews 12 Feb (no credits have been received)

10) No renews end of Feb (all credits have been  received)

SparkleHeart82

I activated on the $25 30 day plan

@SparkleHeart82 

Did you activate on a $25 or higher plan?

If not, the 5 GB add-on promo doesn't apply.

If so, they owe you 5 GB if it was not applied.

SparkleHeart82

I signed up on the Boxing Week promo and still waiting for my 5GB data. Waiting to hear back from a moderator. I got my free month no problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phil330 : Can I review...

1. one email address submitted before activation before the 25th

2. second email address submitted before activation before the 25th

3. one account activated using first email address on >=$25 plan

4. second account activated using second email address on >=$25 plan

5. first account got account credit ??

6. second account got account credit ??

7. first account got 5GB ??

8. second account got 5GB ??

9. first account not yet renewed ??

10. second account not yet renewed ??

Edit: @darlicious : did you get a notification with your tag in the tags area?

@darlicious @computergeek541 

You think the 5GB promotion add-on is an automated process, or a manual one?

And the 2nd month free credit value? 

Whaddya think?  If manual, might explain the quite varied application times, specifically for the 5 GB add on.

Phil330

I completely understand...but how do I know or inform the moderator so they will apply the credits....I have submitted a second ticket but not sure what more I can do?

@Phil330 

The moderator isn't familiar enough yet to understand how these promotions work. The only promotions that apply upon renewal are the ie. $10 off/6 months or the 1GB/per month for 6 months promotions. The added within "30 days" gives pm an out if the promotion doesn't automatically apply and so the customer has time to contact the moderators to have it applied before renewal.

Phil330

@darlicious

I submitted a second ticket this morning the 1st ticket was denied and I was told to wait...hopefully if it is a new moderator they will apply the credits and not reject the request. The last response was to wait until the actual renewal date for the 5GB and 2-3 days prior renewal for the credit, not sure if the info about the auto glitch is getting down to everyone on the team.

Phil330

I figured as much, glad you chimed in to help resolve it, I have submitted a ticket this morning.

Need Help? Let's chat.