cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[New Public Mobile Plans] The less we spend, the more you save.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We have some big news to share with you! We’re introducing new plans at Public Mobile, starting October 17. 

Our 100% digital storefront and online support means we can pass our savings onto you.  All our 4G speed plans now come with digital savings, because when we save, you save. Case and point: Get 5 GB for $40.

What does this mean for you?

Along with our other affordable 3G speed plans, you will now have access to our new 4G speed plans that come with digital savings.

Plan Details:

NEW 4G plans available as of October 17

J_PM_0-1666013106010.png

3G plans available as of October 17

J_PM_1-1666013165430.png

To learn more about our new plans, visit Public Mobile Plans

Thank you, 

Public Mobile Team

82 REPLIES 82

@kj99 same, changing plan won't change your rewards system you are in. So, you will still be on the legacy rewards system earning money $ rewards 

kj99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to get an update on this presently, as the post in more than a year old!!!

Situation is, I want to change from my 90 days grandfathered plan but not my rewards to points.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Samjam 

You should edit out your phone # by clicking on the little arrow on the right side of your post. This is a public forum....you don't want to start getting spam calls all of a sudden?!!

To change your plan if you are currently suspended without service....log into your account. Go to your plans page. Click on change plan. Choose your new plan and click on change plan now/immediately. This will bring you to the payment page. Make a manual payment to reactivate your service on your new plan.

If you have active service then go to the plans page in your self serve account and choose a new plan and schedule a change plan on next renewal.  If you choose to change your plan now/immediately you will lose the rest of your current plan. There are no refunds or pro-rated service with the prepaid service pm offers. Only choose this option if you need more than 1gb of data....then it's cheaper to upgrade your plan and change plans immediately. Otherwise consider buying an add on.....remember you should have your holiday gifts of 500 international minutes and 2gb of data to use by now?

Can you share with us if you cannot login to your account? If your services are suspended? Can you recieve the 2FA verification code to login? Please and thank you.

HI @Samjam  is your account suspended?  when was the plan suspended since?

you can login to My Account yourself and change the plan first and then resume the service

Samjam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi I need new plans and activities my number please 604xxx xxxxwith new plan thmaks 

croftrandle

I switched to this $40, 15Gb, 4G plan. It became effective yesterday (my renewal date) and shows on My Account  page. I did not lose any of my bonuses or gift add-ons. A very smooth transition to more data and faster speed for the same price as my old 3G plan!

CorrineDuan

Just curious, will you upgrade to 5G speed data plans in the near future lol😂?

@hanming wrote:

If I switch to the new plan, do I lose my loyalty and auto-deduct pay credit?

Nope -- switching plans, and switching rewards systems are completely independent decisions.

hanming

Hi there,

If I switch to the new plan, do I lose my loyalty and auto-deduct pay credit?

Thank you very much,

Glally

There is also the $45 20g 4g plan if you're want more data 

Mitch15

Yes I’m switching, renewal is in couple of days. 

Jessiemack

It should switch as soon and your plan is to renew 

Jessiemack

I dont know if you have figured out how to get the special plan yet but I recieved the offer in my text message from public mobile. 

@Mitch15 wrote:

I can not find that offer anywhere??

1. Login to the "My Account" portal
  2. Click Plan & Add-Ons
  3. Click "Change my plan"
  4. Under "4G Plans" you may initially see a $40/5GB plan, but click the yellow down button to the right, to scroll down to another $40 plan that is the 15GB one I am referring to. It is not advertized on the main website -- it only shows up in the "My Account" portal.

It might help to perform those steps on a PC, not a mobile browser to see things better. This is what it looks like:

15GBfor40.png

Mitch15

I can not find that offer anywhere??

Mitch15

Haven’t heard about that plan, they haven’t switch my plan as of yet. Thxs for the info. 

@Mitch15Maybe you missed it, but there is currently another "unpublished" plan in the self-serve portal for a limited time (possibly end of November) you can switch to - $40/month for 15GB of 4G speed data with no end date - maybe setting your upcoming renewal to switch to that one instead! The extra data for one you are currently set to switch to will run out after 12 months.

😊👍😎

Mitch15

They slow it down to get you to switch plans, I accepted their offer of 4G-12GB $40/mth but it hasn’t been switch yet, looking to see if others are in the same boat. 

@Honeybuns7887   Choose "Change plan on renewal date" if you are not in a rush for the new data.

Also, you are in 3G speed plan now.  It will be 48 hours after the plan change before the new speed will come

Enjoy

Honeybuns7887

Thanks for pointing that out for me I hadn't seen it until you mentioned it I will go ahead and change it now!!

Thanks a bunch, crossing fingers for smooth transition 😉💯👌

ryjawar77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Save yourself some time and grief. Log in from a computer (not cellphone) to publicmobile.ca and you will have the option to change to a $40/15GB 4G plan. You don’t get the promo data, but this stays for as long as you have the plan annd it’s a much better plan in my opinion.  And 3G plans are terrible IMHO. Other than talk and text, it is not usable for me. 

@Honeybuns7887   if you are willing to pay $40- 5G, are you aware that there is a $40 - 15Gb plan now?  it is as good as having the 12MONTH12GB, or better.  The best part is that once you joined, this is a plan with no end day, not 12 months 

Honeybuns7887

I'm looking to upgrade my plan from 3G speed 35$ for 3GB data and wanting to get 4G speed 40$ for 5GB data...

Unfortunately if I do change I'm not getting the 12MONTHS12GB promotion which would have been pretty awesome and I would have changed my plan right now.... But since I am not getting the promotion I'll shop elsewhere 😓

I loved public mobile and have been a customer for many years I hate to have to look elsewhere for better options/promotions 💔😓

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@treefrog it used to be re the data on wcdma, I could reach even as much as 6 or 7 Mbps download... But now? As of right now 2.9 download and only 0.8 upload and it's not quite 7am, not peak hours. Last time I checked at 8pm a while ago I was getting 0.5 download and 0.01 upload. I'm often brought back to the dialup days trying to use wcdma data lol. (But, odd is when I'm in a voice call but they send me a picture which I then download via using speakerphone and navigating my text app... It works fine in that context. )

3g for data has all but 💩 the bed most of the time it seems. 

I don't know what the difference is, voice vs data, as far as speed and reception you can pull in? But if voice worked only as well as wcdma data does now it would be static garbage, or iffy at best

I wish I understood the inner working better. Makes 0 sense as an observer 🤔

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Pawprints1986 

If voice is fine why not stay on 3G only? Your 3G network data should be fine and faster than 3mbps.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's true, I thought my living space was completely to blame (ground floor building), but the other day I had spotty data outside... Wcdma data is virtually unusable half the time anymore, voice still works well so I don't get it. LTE starting to see the same lag also but not as bad. 😕 but also not interested in the larger buckets for more money. I don't need it nor want to spend the extra for no reason

ryjawar77

Yep, 3G is unusable. Unless I was at home on wifi, I could text and call (don’t need data for that). My honest opinion? They should migrate people on 3G over to 4G for same price. 3G is getting worse and worse and most 3G plans are just throttled 4G plans now. 

I found that the 3G was basically unusable so wasn’t worth the money. 

@ryjawar77 did you mean the 3G or 4G unusable??

ryjawar77

I had a 3G plan, but I changed it as soon as 4G became available. I found that the 3G was basically unusable so wasn’t worth the money. 

ryjawar77

Once you change plan, you keep your new plan so long as you pay each month and keep your number active. I’m on the student $55/mo 20GB and it has kept going even though the offer is expired. 

Need Help? Let's chat.