cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[New Public Mobile Plans] The less we spend, the more you save.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We have some big news to share with you! We’re introducing new plans at Public Mobile, starting October 17. 

Our 100% digital storefront and online support means we can pass our savings onto you.  All our 4G speed plans now come with digital savings, because when we save, you save. Case and point: Get 5 GB for $40.

What does this mean for you?

Along with our other affordable 3G speed plans, you will now have access to our new 4G speed plans that come with digital savings.

Plan Details:

NEW 4G plans available as of October 17

J_PM_0-1666013106010.png

3G plans available as of October 17

J_PM_1-1666013165430.png

To learn more about our new plans, visit Public Mobile Plans

Thank you, 

Public Mobile Team

82 REPLIES 82

@barrascuk wrote:

The best deal is the new $40 plan that was $44.50. And that’s 10.11% off and next $50 plan that was $55 is 9.09% off. And the savings % continues to decrease. But a nice gesture for sure. 

The new $40 5GB 4g 30-day plan was never sold at $44.50 by Public Mobile. It's the fist time that this plan has ever been offered.  There's no comparison available compared how much is being saved on that plan compared to before.

I appreciate that saying that all plans $40 and over include 4g speeds, but I still don't undrestand Public Mobile's insistance to keep a 3g tier.  In my opinion, this only unnecessarily confuses customers. I'll say that with this announcement, at least the plans actually got slightly better this time.

@TeamMinority   Yes, you keep your rewards like autopay/loyalty/RAF (if applicable) as they are connected to your account and not your plan.   You could lose any activation promo data depending on the terms of the promo at activation or YMMV.

@J_PM   Good to see the lower prices for the 4G plans and also that the $37.25 4G plan has been discontinued!

hi @barrascuk but CRTC mandate there is for Postpaid plan and only on Tier 1, it is not a mandate for all providers 

Yes. They don't mention that because the rewards are grandfathered and no longer available to new customers.

TeamMinority
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If we switch to one of these plans, are we able to keep using the old reward system? The plans do not mention discounts for Autopay or Loyalty...

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Fingers crossed I would love for that to happen along with the 2GB bonus on the account...probably wishful thinking I know lol

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

So, plans $35 will be 3G speed and above are all 4G.  

The $40 is a good plan now, Lucky and Chatr offers the same amount of data but only provide 3G speed 

@J_PM wrote:

Plan offer should not expire. The new plan will kick in on your renewal date!

@J_PM- As we all would have expected from past experience. But the recent $55/20gb plan was ripped out of the scheduled plan change by this company. Is the company fulfilling those customers intentions now?

Plan offer should not expire. The new plan will kick in on your renewal date!

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Indeed, more choices are always welcome, and wonder if PM is considering the 360-days plans, as is currently being offered by one of its siblings.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dust2dust wrote:

But apparently Public likes the brutal customer treatment nowadays with no sympathy.

@dust2dust 

Not only Public Mobile. Under the category of Covid Rip Off Pricing, prices that won’t “fall back”.  Take a look at increased restaurant prices, demands for more than 15% tips, menu prices from the Uber Eats etc. vs the in house menu pricing, then see that the delivery company takes 30%. Run your excel on that, you will be surprised who is subsidizing the delivery process. 

barrascuk

Don’t overlook the CTRC mandate. 

03C88568-32C9-4EDF-ABAD-66D27AB65D3E.jpeg

DC427D0C-E082-4FE5-8B53-DC9786519EBD.jpegA2238BA8-2BD5-4123-8198-4CCB988EBEDE.jpegBB0398AA-32FD-4BAC-852D-6EB22EEC2499.jpeg

@cookiemonster2- Public can do whatever they want whenever they want. They don't even feel the need to abide by their customer contracts not fulfilling their own obligations therein.

Yes earlier in Spring they forced an old plan out and made it a more expensive new plan but with the same features. Nothing to show for the higher price. Just a greedy price gouge.

Recently, they had a promotional plan available to everybody but when they decided to drop it, they yanked it out of the scheduled plan changes of customers leaving customers without that plan when they thought they had it all set up. That had been past practice here for years. But apparently Public likes the brutal customer treatment nowadays with no sympathy.

@cookiemonster2 wrote:

If I change my plan, will the plan offer ever expire? I was looking at the terms and conditions but I couldn't find any details about whether this offer would expire or if the plan would increase at a later time?

As with most things in life...never say never.

For the time being...once you change plans, that plan won't change as long as your account is Active. BUT.....PM reserves the right to amend it, I suppose, as they have in the past with the $10 plan being "adjusted" to $13.

I've been on the $15 plan for several years now and it's the same as when I first got it.

The good news is your plan is only 30 days in length...you can get a different PM plan anytime you want.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@barrascuk yes, this. Tons of data at more affordable rates is good for some... But what about those of us who pay also for a home internet package and don't need gigs upon gigs of data. I struggle at times to use 2gb on the now grandfathered $30 3g plan. I don't always use the full 2, so upgrading to 5 and paying more makes 0 logical sense for me

But it's also not practical to cancel home internet and just use phone data, given the amount of streaming you do with no cable/antenna TV

Where are the 4g plans for the "little guys"?

barrascuk

For those with limited income on 3G plans, (or those that don’t need data as part of their needs), they will need reliable service as well, at the lower cost. What will the “big news” be for them? 

4G plans are now basically $5 off. Not a consistent % off.  The best deal is the new $40 plan that was $44.50. And that’s 10.11% off and next $50 plan that was $55 is 9.09% off. And the savings % continues to decrease. But a nice gesture for sure. 

So in lieu of a decrease in price for the 3G plans, will the network be upgraded to volte or 4G?

We all participate as customers and a number of us also attract customers to PM, do we not? Or will the improved pricing be for select preferred customers? 

And as usual.....not clear. Do existing plans get reduced automatically or changed automatically upon next renewal or do we have to “change plans” ourselves?

GR
Mayor / Maire

Headed in the right direction!  Hopefully soon we'll get volte.  The reliability on the 3g network is getting worse and worse for voice. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Go Move!!

Good to see a smaller menu.  Less confusion for everyone.   Even PM had tough time earlier making sure the price/data make sense for the 3G/4G overlaping price range 

nice to see all plan ends with even dollar amount again, no more 25 cents

Looking forward to see the $15/25/35 are all 4G speed as well (same data amt)  😀 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is good news.  It looks like the end is near for 3G plans.  Next step, everything converts to higher speed and with more data.  😀

cookiemonster2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I change my plan, will the plan offer ever expire? I was looking at the terms and conditions but I couldn't find any details about whether this offer would expire or if the plan would increase at a later time?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Nice to have a small discount on the 4G plans.

The $40 for 5GB LTE data is reasonably attractive.

What would have been better is having the lower cost plans also LTE.  

Need Help? Let's chat.