cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OFFER: 2nd Month Free! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer is now expired.

November 25th until December 2nd 11:59PM ET: We’re introducing two new Black Friday Deals: 

• Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store
    • This will be credited to your account within 10 business days
  • Get a free SIM card when you activate on any plan in-store

These offers are stackable with the 5GB data add-on, so long as you activate on an eligible plan ($35+/month).

Hey Community,

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

How to Get this Offer:

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $35/mo or higher plan by December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 2 business days of activation.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

310 REPLIES 310

@just_joe wrote:

Hi everyone.

So this offer would be just what I'm looking for to make the jump to PM.  Only issue, I don't need a $35 plan... $15 would be sufficient.

What are the chances that PM will leave the 5GB of data on my account after subscribing to the $35 plan for the 2 months and then downgrading to the $15 plan after that?

Joe

No one knows, the fine print says it will be forfeited if you switch to a plan under $35 but that isnt the way this promo has worked in the past BUT this also wasn't the wording in the past. All you can do is gamble by trying.

On the other hand, if you really only need the $15 plan, I don't ever recall seeing any promo for new customers on the small $15 plan so to get the second month free on it along with a free SIM Card, $10 referal credit and $20 to the person who's referal code you use..... I don't think you will get this much to sign up on the $15 plan again for a long time. 

AE_Collector

Shane5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the follow up. Great to know

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Shane5 its a 1 time 5gb bonus that would stay on the account until its all used up!  You would use your inplan data first every month before jumping in the bonus data 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Shane5  to be eligible for the new promo you'd have to set her up on a new plan with a new Sim card and email address and give up her current number and account! 

Shane5

Is it just 1 month of 5 free gigs or is it 5 gigs every month??

GR
Mayor / Maire

@just_joe  it says in the fine print that they remove the bonus data if you switch plans but they said that before and people reported that they didn't so it's a gamble.  But now's the Time to switch especially with the free sim card and 2nd month free!  Don't forget a refferal code to get an extra 10$credit on your new account 

Shane5

My daughter currently has the $15 plan as she only 11, but after seeing the black Friday deal I'd like to switch her to the $35 plan. Can I switch her and still get the 5 gig deal??

just_joe

Hi everyone.

So this offer would be just what I'm looking for to make the jump to PM.  Only issue, I don't need a $35 plan... $15 would be sufficient.

What are the chances that PM will leave the 5GB of data on my account after subscribing to the $35 plan for the 2 months and then downgrading to the $15 plan after that?

Joe

I got a second email about the improved offer starting Thursday but it was comments for others here on the forum that tipped me off to the change initially. Until then I hadn't gone back and looked at the modified first post in this topic.

The new customers who signed up Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday may not have been directly notified but credits should show up before long in their accounts.

AE_Collector

Holy cow how did i not see this when i signed in today? And no notification! Should have been announced better....so all those signed up for deal alerts would have been notified!

@verycd2019 wrote:

When I checked the forum on Monday for Black Friday deals, this accouncement was not here. So on Tueday (26th NOV) I bought the sim card in store and told the seller I wanted to activate it myself online at home... I was told the card was $10 cash and not given a receipt. Too bad I didn't check the forum again on Tuesday.

The free sim was announced Thursday so don't feel bad.

verycd2019

When I checked the forum on Monday for Black Friday deals, this accouncement was not here. So on Tueday (26th NOV) I bought the sim card in store and told the seller I wanted to activate it myself online at home... I was told the card was $10 cash and not given a receipt. Too bad I didn't check the forum again on Tuesday.

@Neophyte709 you should go back to the store and show them this promo for the free Sim. If they don't help you then you could message the moderator_team by clicking on the question mark on the right hand side of the page 

@dboyce1027 to get that bonus you have to take a 35$or more plan and then you get a one time 5gb data bonus that will roll over every month until all used up so if you don't often use up all your plan data it could last you for a year or more! 

Neophyte709

Hi Tiana,

I did not get the free sim card when I activated in store,  they charged me $11.20.  What can I do?

dboyce1027

I am seriously considering switching to Public.  The 5GB add on for Black Friday, is that per month or just for one month?  Thanks

balaca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good luck! Don't forget to use referral code at the time of activation, to get $10 credit which you can use in next payment.

epistolium

@GR wrote:

@epistolium you should be able to find something in Montreal 

Yes cross fingers! I will leave home now. thanks!

@epistolium you should be able to find something in Montreal 

epistolium

Thanks, I will try find a kiosk first, if i don't find one I will try to find you here, thanks.

epistolium

ok thank you very much, i will go to one later!

@epistolium if you don't find a Sim card I've got one I'd mail you and give you the number so you'd get the promo 

@epistolium wrote:

so i guess i will miss the black friday deal... i ordered it from this website already, might not be able to get it by monday 😞  Im in Montreal so not easy to find a store, but thank you for your help! 

@epistolium 

Here is the store finder: (just choose your region)

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Another advantage is if you activate in store, you should get the SIM card free with this promo.  You could save your bought SIM card for future use (maybe get a friend to sign up and use your referral code to get bonus).

epistolium

ok thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@epistolium wrote:

so i guess i will miss the black friday deal... i ordered it from this website already, might not be able to get it by monday 😞  Im in Montreal so not easy to find a store, but thank you for your help! 

London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, some Walmart, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will sell you a SIM. Apparently some independents have been known to sell SIM's. Some stores can do activations otherwise you do it online. There are now Public Mobile kiosks in some malls. Some stores prefer you to activate with them too but just go in and ask for a replacement even if you're new.

epistolium

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nina64 wrote:

This kinda gives the impression that those of us already with public for a while dont deserve black Friday deals. And yes I see that bringing on someone gets me 20$ but maybe a one month add on for those of us who upgrade our plan before dec 2nd could get one month of a add on too.

There's no such thing as a one month add-on. One time yes. As these promo's are.

Back in the summer, current customers got a nice gift of a gig of data. There was also a great travel plan for Canada/US.

Nina64

This kinda gives the impression that those of us already with public for a while dont deserve black Friday deals. And yes I see that bringing on someone gets me 20$ but maybe a one month add on for those of us who upgrade our plan before dec 2nd could get one month of a add on too.

@epistolium wrote:

I just ordered a SIM card in order to get the black friday deal, but i'm afraid by the time I get the sim card it's past Dec 2nd, how can i make sure to still get the black friday deal? 

Thanks

@epistolium 

When did you order?  Where do you live?  If you don't receive the SIM card by Monday, you will not be able to participate is this promotion.  You need the Sim card number.

If you live near a vendor, go in store to get a free SIM card and activate plan in store before December 2.  Another option is some sellers on ebay.ca and Amazon.ca will sell you the SIM card and either activate for you or possibly give you the SIM card number before they ship.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@epistolium wrote:

I just ordered a SIM card in order to get the black friday deal, but i'm afraid by the time I get the sim card it's past Dec 2nd, how can i make sure to still get the black friday deal? 

Thanks

Two options. One is uncertain.

Go to a store.

Maybe someone would set you up with a SIM # and then mail you the card. Some trust needed all around but I've heard of it happening. Or ask here if anyone is in your area and maybe they could hand you a SIM in person. Still some trust needed.

Need Help? Let's chat.