cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

@kb_mv   It was sent by snail mail.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 My win notification must have been sent the long way around the world.... Still standing by! LOL

Congratulations to the winners!  15

@AE_Collector  received mine today. Maybe you also got yours.

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector 

Ok, thanks.  I’ll keep my eye on there too.

@TessieBoo 

@TessieBoo 

My initial notification was by Private Message here on the Community.

AE_Collector

TessieBoo

@AE_Collector 

Congratulations on your win.  I haven’t received a text, so guess I haven’t won anything.  That is the way they are supposed to contact the winners, isn’t it?

@TessieBoo 

@AE_Collector  thanks for confirming.

I did win and did the “paperwork”. Just checked and the 1Gb hasn’t arrived in my account yet. They must have numerous people that aren't responding so they have to wait several days and then move on to the next group. Maybe not hearing back from some of them as well. Thats my guess anyway.

AE_Collector

Joewillier
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Really 

dude65

It would be nice if they would say that if you won, we will be contacting you soon and that the winners will be announced after any waiver.

@JessiePalmer 

I know that some community members have been contact if they won the 1GB data add on contest.  Need to sign waiver form/skill answering question before announcement.  Not sure about the Amazon give away contest though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JessiePalmer wrote:
  • Where do you find the christmas holiday rewards for entering into the gift card draw?

The gift card draw is closed. We haven't heard any results yet (here).

JessiePalmer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Where do you find the christmas holiday rewards for entering into the gift card draw?

If I remember correctly it takes about a week....you should know how long did it take last year?

After the riddle is submitted when would one expect to see the GB in their account?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Has the Amazon draw taken place?

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

" . . . Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.

Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split !   "

Ahhh yes,   the countdown has started.    😉

@RheaBadua wrote:

Hi,

May I know if the $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US, is just one month free or unlimited time added to your account?

Thank you.

rhea

It was a one time free add-on to your account. Those free minutes would stay on your account until you used it up..even if that takes several months or more.

EDIT...as long as your regular plan is ACTIVE, the 500 free minutes are yours until you use them up.

@RheaBadua wrote:

Hi,

May I know if the $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US, is just one month free or unlimited time added to your account?

Thank you.

rhea

Those promos stay on your account until used up.

RheaBadua

Hi,

Thank you.

rhea

MNJ

Thank you for the info.

@MNJ 

The two add on gifts were available for "purchase"($0) until the end of 2020. At the stroke of midnite they were no longer available. They will stay on your account for as long as it takes for you to use them up.

MNJ

Hi

“Holiday free add-on available till December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET”

All minutes and data to be used before 31 Dec 2020, or can I use the minutes after Jan 1, 2021 till it finish

Could anyone clarify

thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

So I guess the “More is Merrier” is no longer back? It has left the building?

AE_Collector

Did you really need to ask? Did I really need to ask if you really needed to ask? 🙂

Well... I wasn’t really asking. I was “guessing”!

AE_Collector

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@am10  There are other paid add-ons if a country or place is not where you want to call. Below are all the other add-ons that PM offers. To buy an add-on it's a 2 step process. 1 add money to your account. 2 click purchase add-ons and buy the one you want.

Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes - $15

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

1000 U.K. Long Distance Minutes - $15

Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes - $15

500 China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Long Distance Minutes - $15

100 Philippines Long Distance Minutes - $15

300 International Long Distance Minutes - $15

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

am10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I did, on my account it says « international - CA and US » so it was unclear if it was just within North America. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

So I guess the “More is Merrier” is no longer back? It has left the building?

AE_Collector

Did you really need to ask? Did I really need to ask if you really needed to ask? 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@am10 

Page 1 very first post is your answer.

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

am10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks - and the international minutes can be used to call a number in Europe for free?

Need Help? Let's chat.