Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get to know the Public Mobile Team!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

At Public Mobile, we have an amazing team working behind-the-scenes with a mobility experience that you control, but we’re missing something...you! We want to learn from our amazing community, connect and share updates, so we’re here to say hi and introduce ourselves..

Over the next little while, you’ll begin to see Public Mobile team members show up around our Community. They’re here to get familiar with our platform, and to learn what’s meaningful to you as a Public Mobile customer and help us shape the future of our products and services. .

Our mighty team of Oracles, along with our brilliant Community experts will continue to be the Community's best line of support. 

While we’re very excited to be more present, we ask that you please be patient with us. As our team is busy working on all the things Public Mobile, please note, we won’t be able to reply to everything or provide support. We’ll leave that to our knowledgeable Community experts.. 

Any issues that require our attention are shared with the broader PM team through our Oracles and Community Manager. J_PM , our Community Manager, that rest assured isn’t going anywhere!  As we work hard to make our Community platform even better, we’re excited to welcome more team members to our Community. 

Please help me in welcoming Public Mobile’s content expert, @Ck_PM (Chayanne)!  

J_PM_0-1680206322445.png

Fun Facts about Chayanne  

Your role on the Public Team 

"Digital CX Writer"

Personality/Hobby/Interest 

"I enjoy watching movies and playing with my pugs"

One thing you love about Community

"How engaging and supportive everyone is"

- Public Mobile Team 

65 REPLIES 65

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech  ...the link you provided  takes me to my mailbox page  ...through which the only link I can find to any support is through  Simon . 

Ironic isn't it  ... the OP to this thread seems to be  management and not a peep   ... LOL ....sad !

@barndoor yesz the link I provided above will allow you to send a message to Support if you have not open ticket with PM yet. 

Once you sent a message, check the Community inbox (the envelope icon on top right of the page) for PM's reply.  They will usually reply within couple hours

@barndoor- I think the ticket system is broken. Use the private message method. I've suspected this for a couple days now. I had a new problem pop up today and submitted a ticket. No response. Looked for it in my Sent folder and it wasn't there. Sent a private message and got a response in a reasonable amount of time.

barndoor

@softech wrote:

@barndoor   PM support usually reply within couple hours via the Community iinbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ).  if it is over 60 hours,  message them again for update.  We had many responses yesterday that support staff resolved tickets within just an hour.  So, message them again

Oh ... Do you mean the little letter icon in the top right corner that gets a little number beside it to say how many unread messages you have ? 

I have tried accessing support staff through what seem like normal customer channels and all roads lead  to Simon  ... very frustrating ....  how do you get past Simon without loosing your cool . 

I see @popping  commented how he/she has noticed that people still after four years don't seem to get that Public mobile is online customer service rather than a call center.  I don't think  there would be an issue with that if Public mobile embraced a program of proper online customer service rather than this warped creation they have now .   Anyway ...off to find the shortcut that gets me past  Simon so I can get this sorted . 

Kinda glad now my wife is going with a different company . 

@barndoor wrote:

I read through a bit of this  and had a bit of a chuckle at the nature of it all  ... jist of the matter is , if tickets are a challenge to create and staff are not going to address them in a timely manner  ...no amount of this feel good jibber jabber is going to bring in customers that are going to stay. All  it's going to do is keep the so called volunteers here busy  . 

Yup  ..waiting on about 60 hours now for a response to a ticket .  LOL 

@barndoor   PM support usually reply within couple hours via the Community iinbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ).  if it is over 60 hours,  message them again for update.  We had many responses yesterday that support staff resolved tickets within just an hour.  So, message them again

barndoor

I read through a bit of this  and had a bit of a chuckle at the nature of it all  ... jist of the matter is , if tickets are a challenge to create and staff are not going to address them in a timely manner  ...no amount of this feel good jibber jabber is going to bring in customers that are going to stay. All  it's going to do is keep the so called volunteers here busy  . 

Yup  ..waiting on about 60 hours now for a response to a ticket .  LOL 

Please check your inbox!

Davekalmring
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Chayanne 

I have a problem signing in to my account as it no longer taking my username. I also was unable to use my email address because it is associated with another account which is my account. I cannot use Simon because I cannot sign in. I registered again to create a community account using my email but can still not access my account. I need to change my payment info as I have a new credit card.

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Key word is "seen," another is copy...with small phones even with largest  font setting, for customers with visual disabilities, this online help is a pain in the eyes strain with excess waiting time consuming searching hours or days for solutions that could or should have provisions audibly over the phone...by our phone company.  As your community ages so does their quality of seeing and hearing or even speaking.  As a leader of these forums I hope you have the capacity to not only listen to we the public, but also to facilitate a smoother transition into actual communications instead of the current bot run around and delayed responses of messages.  Instantaneous chat...even voice mail messages could be a great time saver.  Saving time saved money too.  Not everything done online is cheap.  Sad you lost business by withdrawing sim card purchases at retailers now only sold online. Welcome to the community.

kutzki

Hiii

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@softech 

IDK.  I have not see any post about it

@popping   is the live chat pilot project still on?  seems like I haven't see anyone talked about this for sometime

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ladyjayne1A 

PM had tried using chat for subscriber issue which will benefited of using live chat.  But we still need to create a support ticket.  I had the live chat experience on one of my support ticket.  CSA sent a private message to me to response within time period.  I am not sure that CSA is still doing that or not.  It was 1 - 2 years ago.

messenabout

@Ladyjayne1A

You might find it easier and more efficient time-wise to send a Private Message (✉️ ⤴️) here on the Community page briefly explaining your issue to: CS_Agent. I usually get a response fairly quickly. You'll need to monitor the envelope icon to see when you get a message back. Follow their instructions to verify your account and that's it.

Ladyjayne1A
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A live chat with a real human being would be a great addition to the community.  It's such a better customer service experience than having to submit a ticket and wait on a reply.  I'm currently in a payment method situation and waiting on a reply to a trouble ticket.  If there was a real time human interaction, it would make things easier to be able to talk to someone live rather than a chat bot that provides limited information.  I hope this helps! looking forward to meeting everyone and future improvements! 

Kristowhy

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Ck_PM wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome @fujiyama!
That's a great idea, we're always looking for ways to improve our copy. Who better to provide suggestions than the customers that use Public Mobile on a daily basis. Feel free to message me with suggestions! 

@Ck_PM 

if "you're always looking for ways to improve our copy"...we've provided that suggestion to fix the wording on the $15 plan several times over a span of a few weeks / months. Anyone looking into fixing this little copy ?

Agreed.  The beauty of a community is that endless amount of data lurking on these pages just waiting to be mined and actioned.

Regarding "feel free to message me with suggestions", imho this is not the way to approach feedback.  While it's great to accept this privately, there should be a proper section/mechanism in place for this.  That way the community is already aware of previous questions/feedback submitted and what items are being focused on or prioritized.  

@dabr wrote:

@Ck_PM    Any chance that PM will finally get around to fixing the missing "unlimited incoming minutes" component for the $15 plan for both the official PM Plans page as well as in self serve as suggested by @hairbag1  and rest of us many times?

@Ck_PM 

I agree with @dabr   that there are some communication fixing to be done

other than the $15 - 100 minutes incoming cals should shown clearly, the text about you have a chance to save $2 for Autopay still have it on the new activation email.  

and I am certain the list goes on.

@Ck_PM wrote:

That's a great idea, we're always looking for ways to improve our copy. Who better to provide suggestions than the customers that use Public Mobile on a daily basis. Feel free to message me with suggestions! 

@Ck_PM 

if "you're always looking for ways to improve our copy"...we've provided that suggestion to fix the wording on the $15 plan several times over a span of a few weeks / months. Anyone looking into fixing this little copy ?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ck_PM    Any chance that PM will finally get around to fixing the missing "unlimited incoming minutes" component for the $15 plan for both the official PM Plans page as well as in self serve as suggested by @hairbag1  and rest of us many times?

Of course, welcome!  😊

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome, @Ck_PM!

Since you're a CX writer can we send suggestions for site text(s) that need updating directly to you?

Such as a warning for people to not use personal info as their community username? And not to reveal all their info on a public forum?

...and many more...📚

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Hey Public Mobile team...anyone up to taking the bull by the horns and fixing the confusing wording in this plan ?

Should be fairly simple to add something along the lines..

100 minutes Canada wide calling with Unlimited incoming calls.

Would go a long way to clearing up the many questions posed by new and prospective customers looking for an inexpensive cell plan.

15.png

Welcome, @Ck_PM 

😂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Welcome @Ck_PM 

and great to see more PM Team member will be checking the Community

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Great to see that there will be a PM CS_Agent that will pop in to the Community once in a while.

It would be a good advantage to screen out any spammers and phishers with staff access.

Welcome aboard @Ck_PM!

Well that was awfully generous of popping to put some money in your account. 🙂

Thank you for the top up @popping 🙏

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM Thank you! @Ck_PM  welcome to the Public Mobile Team! 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.