Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Voicemail Issue - April 5

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

Our teams have confirmed a voicemail issue that has impacted customers on specific minute-limited plans. Our technical teams have corrected the problem and we are investigating any corrections required. If you have been impacted and ran out of minutes as a result of this issue, please contact a Customer Support Agent.

Thank you to the Community members who originally flagged this issue. We appreciate all your feedback and support on this matter. 

Thank you,

-   Public Mobile Team

22 REPLIES 22

@LitlLdy wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

$15/unlimited calls 🤙

$25/1.5gb

@gpixel , don’t hold your breathe on that! 🤣 If we want / need unlimited calls we will need to pay $10 more a month. In my opinion… I think they’re trying hard to get rid if the $15 plan by keeping the incorrect wording on the plan & issues!

But different post for that! 😉

Hmm...hadn't thought of it that way but you might have a point (hoping we're wrong) @LitlLdy !

@gpixel wrote:

$15/unlimited calls 🤙

$25/1.5gb

@gpixel , don’t hold your breathe on that! 🤣 If we want / need unlimited calls we will need to pay $10 more a month. In my opinion… I think they’re trying hard to get rid if the $15 plan by keeping the incorrect wording on the plan & issues!

But different post for that! 😉

EB3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ended up calling my voicemail from another phone and was able to reset my password and get in.  yay!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

$15/unlimited calls 🤙

$25/1.5gb

@softech wrote:

@LitlLdy   actually they could be related. voicemail is a forwarding, the charging of voicemail minute could because it was charged by the forwarding rule rather than charge by access VM itself

@softech , I didn’t think of that. That’s interesting!

Edit: I turned on Extended Absence Greeting in my Voicemail to stop people from leaving messages for now hoping it will stop taking all my minutes until this ongoing issue is fixed. I have lost several more minutes before doing this.

@LitlLdy   actually they could be related. voicemail is a forwarding, the charging of voicemail minute could because it was charged by the forwarding rule rather than charge by access VM itself

@dust2dust 

Yes, guilty as charged.

I jumped the gun on this one and interpreted the body of the post as "a fix has been applied" (I should have known better...). Subject line is correct as confirmed and explained by CSA.

@softech wrote:

@LitlLdy   but keep in mind, this is a topic with different results

@Korth  and @darlicious  already had different test results

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Does-Call-Forward-use-outgoing-minutes-on...

@softech , thank you. I will stop taking over this post with different subject! Was just thinking of where else the minutes go besides this current issue here that I’m having & compensated for at the moment!

@dust2dust wrote:

It's a recent problem likely related to volte. The call forwarding all can be set. The conditionals can not. The conditionals are currently hard-coded to go to one of the 4001 numbers if not even just ones phone number. It's the conditionals that are used for voicemail. It's calls that drop to voicemail that are using minutes.

The call forward all used to not count minutes on the $15 plan. (adding - this is the official part that I would be willing to concede. But not dropping to voicemail using the conditionals) I don't have my $15 plan phone with me right now to verify this.

So call forwarding and voicemail are tied together in this.

@dust2dust , my conditional call forwarding works with VoLTE. A few CSA’s fixed it & several other issues when I put in a support ticket a while back when I had all those issues on my service with all calls going straight to Voicemail & all the other many issues they fixed that I had a long post about!

@softech wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

Is call forwarding supposed to use up the outgoing minutes?

Edit: I know this is a separate issue from this post but wondering if it is a new thing or normal thing?

@LitlLdy   officially YES

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/limited-talk-and-text-plans

However, the system is working "unofficially" for the longest time, so, you shouldn't blame the system to go back the "official way' if that is the case

@softech , ahh ok! I wondered that due to some use YouMail for Voicemail which requires you to use conditional call forwarding to their Voicemail #. So, that would mean using ones outgoing minutes!

@LitlLdy   but keep in mind, this is a topic with different results

@Korth  and @darlicious  already had different test results

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Does-Call-Forward-use-outgoing-minutes-on...

It's a recent problem likely related to volte. The call forwarding all can be set. The conditionals can not. The conditionals are currently hard-coded to go to one of the 4001 numbers if not even just ones phone number. It's the conditionals that are used for voicemail. It's calls that drop to voicemail that are using minutes.

The call forward all used to not count minutes on the $15 plan. (adding - this is the official part that I would be willing to concede. But not dropping to voicemail using the conditionals) I don't have my $15 plan phone with me right now to verify this.

So call forwarding and voicemail are tied together in this.

Adding more - @wetcoaster - the subject line says ongoing. The one sentence in the body contradicts itself.

@LitlLdy wrote:

Edit: I know this is a separate issue from this post but wondering if it is a new thing or normal thing?

@LitlLdy   officially YES

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/limited-talk-and-text-plans

However, the system is working "unofficially" for the longest time, so, you shouldn't blame the system to go back the "official way' if that is the case

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Well, I just missed a call. and it did deduct minutes. And no, I haven't called the mailbox yet - I'm absolutely positive that it is the missed call going to VM.

So, conclusion: this is not fixed on my main account.

Ticket submitted.

@maximum_gato wrote:

@LitlLdy

Dont forget to ask for a review link so pm is aware of the CSA's who perform their customer support duties in an exemplary manner.

@maximum_gato , I did! It was one of the CSA’s that I usually have issues with getting help from! So, I was very surprised by the outcome! I needed something good today!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy

Dont forget to ask for a review link so pm is aware of the CSA's who perform their customer support duties in an exemplary manner.

@LitlLdy 

No, you're not doing anything wrong - that was the behaviour that was reported first a few weeks ago and then was confirmed by several senior members. There were mixed results between "physical phone" and VoIP, and calling your number and the 4001 number. But at the end of the day the system was deducting minutes when it shouldn't have.

It's refreshing to hear that you got proper and speedy help for once.

Get better soon!

@wetcoaster wrote:

@LitlLdy 

In my case the normal incoming calls that I answered did not deduct minutes.

However, everytime a missed call was redirected to voice mail and the call went beyond the greeting and beep it would deduct minutes. For me that included calling my phone from another number and use * and PIN to access my messages. Some people found differences when they did the later from a VOIP number vs another cell or landline.

I don't have access to another line right now and will need to sit down tonight to do proper testing. 

@wetcoaster , those leaving me voicemail messages deducted my minutes & it didn’t seem to make a difference when I checked my voicemail using TextNow app! I must be doing something wrong! 

I have to say, I submitted a ticket to CSA’s a few minutes ago & I didn’t have to beg or fight this time with any to get help! It only took 1 CSA this time which shocked me by adding missing minutes back onto my account! I feel like crying! I’m having such a bad day, in severe pain, stuck back in bed, things going wrong so this really made my day that he did that for me!

@LitlLdy 

In my case the normal incoming calls that I answered did not deduct minutes.

However, everytime a missed call was redirected to voice mail and the call went beyond the greeting and beep it would deduct minutes. For me that included calling my phone from another number and use * and PIN to access my messages. Some people found differences when they did the later from a VOIP number vs another cell or landline.

I don't have access to another line right now and will need to sit down tonight to do proper testing. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

Hey Community,

Our teams have confirmed a voicemail issue that has impacted customers on specific minute-limited plans. Our technical teams have corrected the problem and we are investigating any corrections required. If you have been impacted and ran out of minutes as a result of this issue, please contact a Customer Support Agent.

Thank you to the Community members who originally flagged this issue. We appreciate all your feedback and support on this matter. 

Thank you,

-   Public Mobile Team

@J_PM , well that explains something! Mines in the red, almost out of minutes & I know I haven’t made that much in outgoing calls! I rarely make outgoing calls. Incoming calls & voicemails left by people are supposed to be unlimited! I honestly don’t have the energy to fight with the CSA’s to fix things!

Edit: Update: I submitted a support ticket & expected more stress begging & fighting with a few CSA’s to deal with the issue but it only took 1 CSA this time which kindly added minutes back onto my account that I didn’t ask for! I feel like crying! It means so much to me!

Edit again: I turned on Extended Absence Greeting in my Voicemail to stop people from leaving messages for now hoping it will stop taking all my minutes until this ongoing issue is fixed. I have lost several more minutes before doing this.

EB3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@J_PM i don't have a minute limited plan and i cannot access my voicemail at all.  i have tried to reset it via the instructions on my account but that is not working either.  it just keeps telling me to enter my password

Need Help? Let's chat.