cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Flash SALE! Activate on a $35+/mo plan & get a bonus 1 GB of data every month!

@bnevets27 wrote:

Ugh. I just signed up on the first of December for the black friday deal. But this is actually what I would have prefered the black friday deal to have been. 

Anyway to get onto this promo instead? What would canceling and signing up again cost me? Is there a better way?

I'm in a similar boat.  From what I can tell from the text of the offer, currently this is not available to people who already have a plan with PM.  

So, you'd have to buy a new SIM card for a new account with PM.  From what I've read on this Community, it's hard to port your existing phone number from one account to another, so, you might lose your phone number. You will lose any earned bonuses on your current PM account, as well as any money you spent there will not be transferable. 

If you do go through with creating a new PM account, I'm not sure if you'll be able to use the same email address for it or not.  If you have to use a different email, make sure your Community email address matches so that any Community rewards will be applied to your new account. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Flash SALE! Activate on a $35+/mo plan & get a bonus 1 GB of data every month!

to be clear Activations for the $40 plan would now get 5.5GB ? Activations for the $50 plan would now get 9.0GB ? It says any plan $35+ I just want to make sure it's not just the $35 plan
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:
to be clear Activations for the $40 plan would now get 5.5GB ? Activations for the $50 plan would now get 9.0GB ? It says any plan $35+ I just want to make sure it's not just the $35 plan

Please note the subject line...$35+/mo. The OP also describes it more.

Highlighted

@smp99 wrote:

It's for any plan $35 or higher.

Highlighted

@smp99 wrote:

You can get the autopay data bonus too.

Highlighted

@Saffeanatural wrote:

How to join this offer?

You would need to open a new Public Mobile account on a $35 or higher price plan. First, you'll need a new Public Mobile sim card.

Highlighted
MS8

If I was to sign up with the $35 plan initially and then switch to the $40 in a future billing period, would the bonus data stick or would a future plan change to a higher plan void the offer?

Highlighted
Oracle

@MS8 wrote:

If I was to sign up with the $35 plan initially and then switch to the $40 in a future billing period, would the bonus data stick or would a future plan change to a higher plan void the offer?

@MS8 

Yes, you can change to a higher value plan and keep the bonus, as per the terms in the announcement:

• 1GB bonus will remain on the account as long as customers remains on an eligible rate plan of $35/mo or higher and the account remains in good standing
  • The 1GB of bonus data will stay on your account so long as your plan remains above $35/month
Highlighted

I really enjoy the community sharing aspect of this service and learning what is possible with everyones comments Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
MS8

Thank you so much!