cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash SALE! Activate on a $35+/mo plan & get a bonus 1 GB of data every month!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

From December 4 to 8, customers that activate on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive a bonus 1 GB of data every month. Simply activate between December 4, 2019 6:00AM ET to December 8, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to receive this offer. This offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer:

• Purchase a SIM card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  • To redeem, activate online or in-store by December 8th on any rate plan $35/mo or higher. 
  • Eligible customers will receive 1 GB of bonus data within 10 business days of activation
  • Starting in the second month, 1 GB of data will be added to your monthly plan and will be received upon renewal
  • 1GB bonus will remain on the account as long as customers remains on an eligible rate plan of $35/mo or higher and the account remains in good standing
  • The 1GB of bonus data will stay on your account so long as your plan remains above $35/month

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team  

67 REPLIES 67

@themisfit  Yes I saw that...thats why I edited my comment to suggest you contact the moderators to to fix it.

themisfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you read my comment, I activated during the promo.

@themisfit  that  promo has expired. The get your second month free promo is on right now. Plus the free holiday 1gb data add on and 400min international calling add on.

Edit: if you signed up for it and don't have an extra 1gb on your account you need to message the moderators  by clicking on the (?)at the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue by typing in human or rep then follow the prompts to explain your issue and submit a ticket.

Jaskerry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I hope they will have this promotion again in the future!

themisfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Tiana_V,

I signed up for a new account during this promo and I do not see any indication of this on my account.

the ad says"

• Eligible customers will receive 1 GB of bonus data within 10 business days of activation"

wondering if I was mistaken.

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can as well buy add on vouchers at stores and, gas stations. 

dwoods99

@bnevets27

Same time I did... so didn't you get a one time 5GB add-on buffer into your account?

And right now you can also get the extra 1GB one time add-on with 400 minutes international.

SFayad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is why I just signed up!! Thanks!

@Telme2019 wrote:

This is for new contomers?

Like it's enough time to notice the ad ...get the card .... sign up.

It sure waas enough for me.

It was only for new customer. The promo has expired.

Telme2019

This is for new contomers?

Like it's enough time to notice the ad ...get the card .... sign up.

It sure waas enough for me.

JohnQ

Hey, amazing Flash Sale
I just join after looking over the details of this sale

Cheers

John Q

@hcarolsfeld wrote:

Is this promo only eligable for new customers? Can existing customers get the 1Gb bonus as well?

From December 4 to 8, customers that activate on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive a bonus 1 GB of data every month. Simply activate between December 4, 2019 6:00AM ET to December 8, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to receive this offer. This offer is available to new customers only

hcarolsfeld

Is this promo only eligable for new customers? Can existing customers get the 1Gb bonus as well?

@nahidulThe only way is to be a new customer (ie start another line with a different email).

nahidul

Greetings.

i am already a customer with $25.00 plan. Any way I can get the extra 1GB if I switch to $40.00 plan?

with thanks

@PhoebeTB wrote:

I just ordered my sim card - It will not arrive before the 8th.  Can I activate a plan to take advantage of this sale before I get the sim card? 

Sorry, but this cannot be done becuase you need the number on the sim card to be able to activate.  You would either need to get a sim card from a store, or you can check eBay, Kijjij, or Craigslist (amoung other places) for people who might be able to provide you with the a valid sim card number so that you can activate before this promotion ends.

PhoebeTB

I just ordered my sim card - It will not arrive before the 8th.  Can I activate a plan to take advantage of this sale before I get the sim card? 

fkrauthan

Now I am double bummed out. First I miss understand the Black Friday offer (and ended up with the wrong plan) and now this promo would have been a way better deal then the black friday offer in first place...

salamtolouei

I do not think so.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@smp99 wrote:

It could be the final straw for some of those holdouts still on the $120 12GB plan to move to $40 6GB.

Tempting but nah not enough to make me switch. Fall promo plans still have full LTE unthrottled data not the 3G speeds

Maybe if they had a $40 USA roaming plan with 4GB in Canada and 1GB and unlimited calls to/from USA.

kevinqqh

That's a good deal .

ZephyrStrife

Wow, I just joined because of the BF promo deal and I already feel like I got ganked.

Like what the heck, I would have preferred the infinite extra 1GB data instead of the one time 5GB. I get attracting new customers, but c'mon I literally just joined. -_-

And there's no way to get it unless I go through hoops. sighs

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Lucky mobile has the exact same promo with unlimited throttled data and 1 month free it sounds like.

@JAC70 wrote:
This is such a pain in the arse.  If PM really wants to engender loayalty in their customers, they should offer us the same plans as new customers, and not just toss us a free GB once and a while.  If I have to port to another company and then port back to get on another plan to keep my number (and still lose my bonuses), there's a good chance I'm not coming back.

So if you don't come back that is because you found an even better deal so you should be praising PM for that!

New Customer Promos are done by everybody to all subscription like services. PM is pretty much the only one who DOES do things for existing customers. I'm good here thanks.

AE_Collector 

truonggia25

What about for old customers? 

JAC70

@Duey wrote:

@bnevets27 wrote:

Ugh. I just signed up on the first of December for the black friday deal. But this is actually what I would have prefered the black friday deal to have been. 

Anyway to get onto this promo instead? What would canceling and signing up again cost me? Is there a better way?

I'm in a similar boat.  From what I can tell from the text of the offer, currently this is not available to people who already have a plan with PM.  

So, you'd have to buy a new SIM card for a new account with PM.  From what I've read on this Community, it's hard to port your existing phone number from one account to another, so, you might lose your phone number. You will lose any earned bonuses on your current PM account, as well as any money you spent there will not be transferable. 

If you do go through with creating a new PM account, I'm not sure if you'll be able to use the same email address for it or not.  If you have to use a different email, make sure your Community email address matches so that any Community rewards will be applied to your new account. 

This is such a pain in the arse.  If PM really wants to engender loayalty in their customers, they should offer us the same plans as new customers, and not just toss us a free GB once and a while.  If I have to port to another company and then port back to get on another plan to keep my number (and still lose my bonuses), there's a good chance I'm not coming back.

@hotghost wrote:

So do we get the addition 1 GB for new activation plus the more the merrier promo or do you have to choose between the 2

You would get both.

hotghost

So do we get the addition 1 GB for new activation plus the more the merrier promo or do you have to choose between the 2

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have a feeling this promo is a precursor to give it to everyone. Tease the new activations. But PM is giving away data like candy recently. I can see them altering the base plans $35+ and the new plans will all be plus 1GB available to all to switch to. This promo may go away for a bit but if I am correct and it comes back for all, they get a whole new round publicity again. 

I mean, you could have a whole bunch of people getting this - forever - while long time customers are stuck with the old data limits. In addition, it could be the final straw for some of those holdouts still on the $120 12GB plan to move to $40 6GB.

@Itimetravelwell wrote:

Hey brand new PM user/customer.

Signed up for this deal, was very quick and easy even with an unusual port in request but I am a little confused about the deal combined with the free add-ons.

Am I wrong in reading this as you would get 1.5gb for the base plan with autopay, an additional 1gb a month, and then free holiday addons of 1gb and the Minute Package to be used one time?

Yes, you will get bonus 1GB data as long as you stay on an eligible plan ($35 or higher).  The free data and mins stay with your account and will only be used if you've depleted the plan data or are making international calls.  The remaining amounts in both will roll over every month until used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.