cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash SALE! Activate on a $35+/mo plan & get a bonus 1 GB of data every month!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

From December 4 to 8, customers that activate on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive a bonus 1 GB of data every month. Simply activate between December 4, 2019 6:00AM ET to December 8, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to receive this offer. This offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer:

• Purchase a SIM card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  • To redeem, activate online or in-store by December 8th on any rate plan $35/mo or higher. 
  • Eligible customers will receive 1 GB of bonus data within 10 business days of activation
  • Starting in the second month, 1 GB of data will be added to your monthly plan and will be received upon renewal
  • 1GB bonus will remain on the account as long as customers remains on an eligible rate plan of $35/mo or higher and the account remains in good standing
  • The 1GB of bonus data will stay on your account so long as your plan remains above $35/month

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team  

67 REPLIES 67

Itimetravelwell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey brand new PM user/customer.

Signed up for this deal, was very quick and easy even with an unusual port in request but I am a little confused about the deal combined with the free add-ons.

Am I wrong in reading this as you would get 1.5gb for the base plan with autopay, an additional 1gb a month, and then free holiday addons of 1gb and the Minute Package to be used one time?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Todd2 wrote:

Thanks for the info. But where can I claim it in my self serve? I didn't find it in my add-on sections; and I am on a $40 plan

Half way down your overview page under 'My Data and Add-Ons', click 'Purchase Add-ons',

then the free mins and data are the first selection under the columns headings of mins and data.

Todd2

Thanks for the info. But where can I claim it in my self serve? I didn't find it in my add-on sections; and I am on a $40 plan

mchh

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CalvinW wrote:

Existing customers being left out again.

A free gig of data and 400 minutes of international calling (+ Can/US) not enough for you?

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Existing customers being left out again.

It most likely will be a combination of promo extensions and new promos lasting through Jan 1 and likely including the $10/$20 referal bonus as well. That is more or less how last December went though these promos are very different than last years.

AE_Collector 

dna2016

Like what @computergeek541 said, finally a data promo that renews and not disappear forever after using it up. Very nice promo PM, but I think it should be extended until at least the next week, give people time since everyone is trying to get stuff ready for the holidays. Unless you have other promo plans coming right after that are wayyyyyyyy better, then I'll shut up for sure. Lol

@twlau65 wrote:

im confused.. so ultimately how  many GBs do you get if someone i refer to activates this $35 plan? If i refer someone how can they get a sim card right away from public mobile? 

A new activation of $35 or higher will get 1Gb more than normal every month on this Dec4-8 Promo. For example tge $35 plan has 1.5Gb if on Autopay so will get 2.5Gb each month.

You can get a SIM Card at dealers. They might give it free still if you activate through them. Ask. Walmart, London Drugs, WOW Mobile, the Mobile Shop in Loblaws/superstore etc, some Koodo dealers.

AE_Collector

@twlau65 wrote:

im confused.. so ultimately how  many GBs do you get if someone i refer to activates this $35 plan? If i refer someone how can they get a sim card right away from public mobile? 

2.5GB every 30 days

1GB one-time if you add the free add-on

The only way to get an immediate sim is at a store.

twlau65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm struggling to understand all the disappointment with the Black Friday offerings and excitement about this plan. Maybe for anyone who did sign to the $35 plan with 5Gb add-on having this offer at 2.5Gb is better but someone wanted to cancel their new $15 plan? The $40 plan with 5Gb of data existed and was available with the BF offers but was not selected yet now a $35 2.5Gb plan IS perfect? 

You would need to:

Buy (most likely) a new SIM card for $10.

Get a new number because keeping your old PM number will be a lot of hassle.

Lose the $ you have paid for the remainder of your current month.

Lose the second month free you were awarded

Lose the 5Gb add-on if you were to receive that.

Lose any other credits towards your next payment (referal $10, Autopay $2)

AE_Collector

this is better deal than black friday.   

Maybe christmas has evne better or worse?

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

If you are on the $35+/plan, would any leftover of the 1GB data get carried over to the future and get accumulated?

@bigmouth2015 

No, you bonus 1 GB per month will not roll over.  It is not considered a data add on.  Party of your monthly allottment.  

bigmouth2015
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you are on the $35+/plan, would any leftover of the 1GB data get carried over to the future and get accumulated?

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Now if only they had the USA roaming plan again

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can a mod confirm that re-signing up will get us the extra gb?

freddie529

I'm in the same boat. This should have been the Black Friday deal

MS8

Thank you so much!

kschnare

I really enjoy the community sharing aspect of this service and learning what is possible with everyones comments 🙂 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MS8 wrote:

If I was to sign up with the $35 plan initially and then switch to the $40 in a future billing period, would the bonus data stick or would a future plan change to a higher plan void the offer?

@MS8 

Yes, you can change to a higher value plan and keep the bonus, as per the terms in the announcement:

• 1GB bonus will remain on the account as long as customers remains on an eligible rate plan of $35/mo or higher and the account remains in good standing
  • The 1GB of bonus data will stay on your account so long as your plan remains above $35/month

MS8

If I was to sign up with the $35 plan initially and then switch to the $40 in a future billing period, would the bonus data stick or would a future plan change to a higher plan void the offer?

@Saffeanatural wrote:

How to join this offer?

You would need to open a new Public Mobile account on a $35 or higher price plan. First, you'll need a new Public Mobile sim card.

@smp99 wrote:
to be clear Activations for the $40 plan would now get 5.5GB ? Activations for the $50 plan would now get 9.0GB ? It says any plan $35+ I just want to make sure it's not just the $35 plan

You can get the autopay data bonus too.

@smp99 wrote:
to be clear Activations for the $40 plan would now get 5.5GB ? Activations for the $50 plan would now get 9.0GB ? It says any plan $35+ I just want to make sure it's not just the $35 plan

It's for any plan $35 or higher.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smp99 wrote:

Please note the subject line...$35+/mo. The OP also describes it more.

smp99

Duey

@bnevets27 wrote:

Ugh. I just signed up on the first of December for the black friday deal. But this is actually what I would have prefered the black friday deal to have been. 

Anyway to get onto this promo instead? What would canceling and signing up again cost me? Is there a better way?

I'm in a similar boat.  From what I can tell from the text of the offer, currently this is not available to people who already have a plan with PM.  

So, you'd have to buy a new SIM card for a new account with PM.  From what I've read on this Community, it's hard to port your existing phone number from one account to another, so, you might lose your phone number. You will lose any earned bonuses on your current PM account, as well as any money you spent there will not be transferable. 

If you do go through with creating a new PM account, I'm not sure if you'll be able to use the same email address for it or not.  If you have to use a different email, make sure your Community email address matches so that any Community rewards will be applied to your new account. 

elstewart

@bnevets27 wrote:

Ugh. I just signed up on the first of December for the black friday deal. But this is actually what I would have prefered the black friday deal to have been. 

Anyway to get onto this promo instead? What would canceling and signing up again cost me? Is there a better way?

I'm not even sure if cancelling and signing up again would work. If you want to keep your number, it might already know that you were a customer and not work. I'm not 100% sure though...

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

This is much better than the one-time bonuses.

Need Help? Let's chat.