cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your second month FREE when you activate!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of January 3, 2020: This offer is now expired.

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 23th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 23, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

259 REPLIES 259

@miroslavslodki 

The previous promo with the same conditions had the 30 days free credit added to accounts two weeks after the promotional period ended. It's likely the credit will be added to your account tomorrow or Tuesday. Although if it is not added to your account by day 26 (4 days before renewal) I would suggest contacting the moderators then to allow enough time for them to investigate why it hasn't been added and credit your account before renewal.

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

@miroslavslodki wrote:

i received notice of the flash sale while signing up for my plan

i applied within the time frame to qualify for the plan

but have not received the credit for the free second month

wassup

Congrats! Your email was received and is eligible for our limited time flash sale.

Get your second month of service for $0 when you activate on any plan online. Activate by October 2 using this email address to receive this offer*.

Get your second month of service for $0 when you activate on any plan online. Activate by October 2 using this email address to receive this offer*.

When did you sign up? You will receive the credit within 30 days of activation. If you do not contact a moderator.

Here’s  how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative):

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

miroslavslodki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i received notice of the flash sale while signing up for my plan

i applied within the time frame to qualify for the plan

but have not received the credit for the free second month

wassup

Congrats! Your email was received and is eligible for our limited time flash sale.

Get your second month of service for $0 when you activate on any plan online. Activate by October 2 using this email address to receive this offer*.

Get your second month of service for $0 when you activate on any plan online. Activate by October 2 using this email address to receive this offer*.

@XionBunny wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Mimi33  I disagree with @XionBunny  I think public mobile is very open to suggestions. I think they are very engaged with community. Monitoring posts and threads to see where they can improve, offer new promotions like bonus plan data or fixing the little stuff. Sure there's big old bugs hanging around that budget constraints cause to be put on the back burner. But they listen to the feedback and if they can implement it they often will...i can think of four occasions since I joined last August that I've mused out loud about promotions or glitches to have them addressed in short order. If its doable it's often done. If you have a suggestion post it in "A letter from Dave" the most current thread from public mobile asking for feedback.

well, I didn't mean they don't watch the goings-on here at all, in another thread, someone else talked about how they used to have an entire forum section dedicated to new feedback that was shut down at one point, I was thinking of that as a point of reference, of course, they are always watching the forums, and some times posts request some feedback, but really there does need to be a dedicated suggestion subforum again, mind you with the number of suggestions one can give a month limited to certain amount a month to prevent flooding, Mabey add a voting system on each for further review based on popularity.

That is what the ideas Lab was all about and could be upvoted to see the support.  The downfall of that system is you get so many ideas of what people want and so many dupicates.  As well it gets discouraging to have people post an idea see huge support but not have it on the radar for PM.  There are still many issues that need to be resolved and fixed in my mind that should take priority over looking for new features or things to do.  We need s solid self serve system and to fix issues like the no text after a US add-on expires that has been around for 3 years now without a resolution.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@Mimi33  I disagree with @XionBunny  I think public mobile is very open to suggestions. I think they are very engaged with community. Monitoring posts and threads to see where they can improve, offer new promotions like bonus plan data or fixing the little stuff. Sure there's big old bugs hanging around that budget constraints cause to be put on the back burner. But they listen to the feedback and if they can implement it they often will...i can think of four occasions since I joined last August that I've mused out loud about promotions or glitches to have them addressed in short order. If its doable it's often done. If you have a suggestion post it in "A letter from Dave" the most current thread from public mobile asking for feedback.

well, I didn't mean they don't watch the goings-on here at all, in another thread, someone else talked about how they used to have an entire forum section dedicated to new feedback that was shut down at one point, I was thinking of that as a point of reference, of course, they are always watching the forums, and some times posts request some feedback, but really there does need to be a dedicated suggestion subforum again, mind you with the number of suggestions one can give a month limited to certain amount a month to prevent flooding, Mabey add a voting system on each for further review based on popularity.

XionBunny

@Mimi33 wrote:

Thanks for answering my questions. I have subscribed to an RSS feed so that hopefully I see all offers/promos

that's honestly the best thing you can do 🙂

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for answering my questions. I have subscribed to an RSS feed so that hopefully I see all offers/promos

XionBunny

@Mimi33 wrote:

I have been following the thread as am a fairly new to PM.  December had two great promo's.  How often does PM offer discounts etc to active members (not just for new ones)?  Is the company open to suggestions for new plans and if so how would I make a suggestion?  I was interested in the $60 plan however I dragged my feet and by the time I joined the plan was no longer available.  Thanking you in advance for your help.

it's all kind of random really, some times they are generous some times they are standard savings deals, as for suggestions they don't take them at this time. It all really depends on how much they want to drive up the subscriber numbers that's when the good deals occur

@Mimi33 wrote:

I have been following the thread as am a fairly new to PM.  December had two great promo's.  How often does PM offer discounts etc to active members (not just for new ones)?  Is the company open to suggestions for new plans and if so how would I make a suggestion?  I was interested in the $60 plan however I dragged my feet and by the time I joined the plan was no longer available.  Thanking you in advance for your help.

Sales such as a free month, $10 off for either 3 or 6 months, or bonus data with activation promotions do tend to happen quite often. Sometimes, it's every other week, while other times, there's something each weekened for a few weeks in a row. There's no sure way to know when the next promotion is coming, so if you see something you like, be sure to take advantage of the offer before it's gone.

Mimi33

I think the thread is dead and the deal is closed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

marimacas

Would be nice to have a "Groundhog Day offer" to be welcomed break during the winter.

@fujiyama wrote:

Lunar New Year is early this year (Jan 25th). I hope they'll use that to start the next promo and run it until Family day Cat LOL

@fujiyama  Everybody has a wishlist.

fujiyama

Lunar New Year is early this year (Jan 25th). I hope they'll use that to start the next promo and run it until Family day Cat LOL

@Jaskerry @AE_Collector   I cleared the way for a flash sale...my sidewalk is as minty as my cat but I think we're in for a deep freeze on promotions for awhile...20200113_042246.jpg20200113_042235.jpg20200113_033809.jpg

Jaskerry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not much left. Only 2 months to go $40. But I missed that deal so I'm hoping and waiting for March to come with a great deal 😉

You're saying that on the FIRST Snow Day this winter in Vancouver! I hope you're right..

CBBDF629-DD0D-4F1E-BDDE-1C0A1D3D6683.jpeg

cmobile

@AE_Collector wrote:

Last year the December promo ended the evening of Jan 1 and then there was nothing until mid February.

AE_Collector

It's warm winter so I expect PM warm up a little faster than last yearSmiley LOL

Last year the December promo ended the evening of Jan 1 and then there was nothing until mid February.

AE_Collector

@cmobile  If there's going to be one it would normally be announced by 10am et.

cmobile

@marimacas wrote:

I hope new offers pop-up soon!

Nothing yet.   Come on, it's Friday. 

marimacas

I hope new offers pop-up soon!

@Paddle8 

If you aren't needing to switch immediately maybe hang on for a week or two and see if a new promo pops up. It's been a long run since mid November of one promo after another so it could be quiet for a bit or there could be a flash weekend sale starting this Friday. There is no way of knowing.

AE_Collector

@Paddle8 wrote:

I ordered a SIM from Amazon on December 27th and it still hasn't arrived. Guess I missed out on this deal. 

Yes unfortunately you have missed out. as of January 3, 2020: This offer is now expired.

To bad you did not just go to a retail location that sells sim cards like Walmart.

Keep an eye out in announcement section for future deals.

Paddle8

I ordered a SIM from Amazon on December 27th and it still hasn't arrived. Guess I missed out on this deal. 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V wrote:

Update as of January 3, 2020: This offer is now expired.

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 23th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 23, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Just quoting this announcement that this offer has expired to get that info onto the end of the topic as well as the beginning.

AE_Collector

It was quite quick so presumably the details were back dated houred ( 🙂 ) to include all new activations beginning December 20.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  I do believe about 6 hours after the announcement on the 20th it was changed to include any plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.