Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately, for a limited time only, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before October 26, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on a plan online before November 6, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you still need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by November 6, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  6. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

75 REPLIES 75

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kupster 

Yes its either of”

What else could it be?

Kupster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes its either of.

TMS

Did PM come up with this sale or did they dupe what Chatr did?

dac13

@AE_Collector wrote:

@dac13 wrote:

@Nezgar Good idea  🙂 👍

@AE_Collector wrote:

However, if you really only need the $15 plan, signing up on the $50 plan is paying $35 too much initially to get the next three renewals for free so there still isn’t a big windfall doing this.

AE_Collector

But as I said a couple of pages back and quoted just above, it really depends on whether all the data in the first month is really of any use to you if the $15 plan is all you Really need/want. You still pay $35 too much initially to save the extra $35 down the road and you would still get the $15 free to cover next month. Same amount of free service since you paid $35 more than you needed to to get started. It just seems like prepaying Up front for your service in month 3 and 4. The only bonus to this is the load of data to play with in the first 30 days.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector I remember your previous post but then my mind went in a different direction when @Nezgar started talking about credit and not paying for a few months etc.  I started thinking that I was getting $35....sigh.  Now your point has sunk in and is clear in my head.  Makes total sense.  So glad that you posted again to repeat your point and for me to wrap my head around it properly.  Thank you 🙂

@dac13 wrote:

@Nezgar Good idea  🙂 👍

@AE_Collector wrote:

However, if you really only need the $15 plan, signing up on the $50 plan is paying $35 too much initially to get the next three renewals for free so there still isn’t a big windfall doing this.

AE_Collector

But as I said a couple of pages back and quoted just above, it really depends on whether all the data in the first month is really of any use to you if the $15 plan is all you Really need/want. You still pay $35 too much initially to save the extra $35 down the road and you would still get the $15 free to cover next month. Same amount of free service since you paid $35 more than you needed to to get started. It just seems like prepaying Up front for your service in month 3 and 4. The only bonus to this is the load of data to play with in the first 30 days.

AE_Collector

dac13

@Nezgar Good idea  🙂 👍

Promos are generally not stackable so you would only be eligible for one not both of them.

Michael6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So if I understand correctly, it's this promo or the free 3gb of data, not both? 

@dac13 wrote:

So then technically if you sign up with a $25 plan, then change to the $15 plan for the 2nd month then the credit will be for $25 and not $15.

Or why not sign up with the max $50 plan to start with, play with 8.5GB of data for 1 month (ehm - 30 days) since the $50 will credited back anyway. Switch to the $15 plan for month 2+ and with a $10 referral credit as well you have 4.6 more months ($60÷$13/mo) before you need to pay anything further. 🙂

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great! Let my friends know about it...

@dac13 

Thanks for putting a smile on my face just when i really, really needed It!

dac13

@darlicious Thanks for confirming and the tip. 🙂

@AE_Collector Thanks for tagging @darlicious !

@dac13 

It is just a sign up.....you can enter the same email for each promo once. If you enter it twice it just tells you you've already registered it. I have a couple people who are wishy washy but i have their permission to enter their email for them.....just in case they finally decide to take the plunge. One finally did a couple months ago the other one i have still have to register for this one! Best I do that now.....

If you do it keep a checklist so you don't get confused who is or isn't registered for which promo?!! Lol...

Kupster

Great info. Thanks a lot

@dac13 

These sign up your email promotions started earlier this year as a Covid response, giving people tome to get a SIM and get organized even though it is still a 3-4 day Flash Sale that PM likes to do.

I have not seen a problem Mentioned here in the past related to using an email and not going through with an activation and using that same email later with PM. I think you should be okay. @darlicious may know the answer to this from having used this promo in the past.

AE_Collector

dac13

I have someone that may be interested in signing up but still debating. If they sign up to register their email for this flash sale but decided not to activate this offer, are they able to still use the same email address to sign up and get future promotions/offers?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good deal. thanks!

dac13

@AE_Collector wrote:

With this promo in the past, once you get the credit $$ in your account it covers whatever your ongoing costs are in future months. Thus, signing up for the $50 plan and then Scheduling a change to the $15 plan for your first renewal will give you the second, third and forth 30 day periods for free with change left over.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector Good to know that the credit is truly the price plan that you originally sign up with and it could leave you with ongoing credits for future months.  I know someone that may consider this but doesn't actually know how much data they want or will use.  So they want to try the $25 plan but if the 1 GB is not needed then they would drop to the $15 plan for 250 mb.  So it's a different reason behind this thought.

kmartynov

I agree. However, I am signing my daughter up to PM as FIDO just charged us extra $20 for extra minutes she talked during work week hours. Total bill was $50+tax for plan with ZERO data. I just don't want to deal with any extra charges anymore and $25 with PM will give her unlimited talk/text plus some data, plus $1 discount on my plan as referral.

Auto fill will also not work, but if you erase and type last character it w work

@kmartynov my existence is that you may get an email later or not at all, and in one case when I didn't use it though I had intended originally and subscribed, I received a reminder couple of days before. I was able to subscribe the same email next time.

I would suggest you take the screenshots of email address being entered and success page, just in case you need to contact mods later

I'll say this again:  While a free 30 days will certainly be appreciated by those who sign up, good price plans are far more important than any short term promotions or temporary discounts.  Public Mobile's plans have been lagging behind. Unfortunately, these types of promotions also encourage short term customers, many of whom will switch as soon as a competitor offers this same thing in a few months.

@kmartynov 

You can't copy and paste or use the autofill. You have to type in each character of your email address independently. Similar to earning community rewards. If your community profile email doesnt match your self serve account email exactly you don't get any community rewards you may earn.

kmartynov

Thanks for quick reply. Strange. It worked on second attempt when I typed email address in instead of copy/paste. So, no email message to this address is expected, just screen refresh. I can just go ahead and create account, activate, port number etc etc.

With this promo in the past, once you get the credit $$ in your account it covers whatever your ongoing costs are in future months. Thus, signing up for the $50 plan and then Scheduling a change to the $15 plan for your first renewal will give you the second, third and forth 30 day periods for free with change left over.

AE_Collector

@kmartynov wrote:

It did not accept email address with dots like name.lastname@gmail.com. Asked to pease provide valid email address. I took out dot, as this supposed to work without dot as well. It accepted it, but I did not get any emails after about 5 minutes. Am I supposed to?

Thanks.

I tried it with a dot in there to a gmail account and it did work. You get the following message on the page once it is sent.

Maybe try clearing  your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

sale.jpg

kmartynov

It did not accept email address with dots like name.lastname@gmail.com. Asked to pease provide valid email address. I took out dot, as this supposed to work without dot as well. It accepted it, but I did not get any emails after about 5 minutes. Am I supposed to?

Thanks.

dac13

@hairbag1 wrote:

@dac13 wrote:

If you sign up for the $25 plan and change to the $15 plan for the 2nd month then the credit will be for $15 and not the $25?

If you initially sign on with the $25 plan and your next renewal is free...why would you downgrade to $15 plan for the second ?

Alternative is to downgrade for the 3rd renewal. Wouldn't that make more sense ?  😷

EDIT; never mind...I now see your point. Good question.  🤔

@hairbag1 I just re-read the post and noticed the 3rd point - below:

3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.

So then technically if you sign up with a $25 plan, then change to the $15 plan for the 2nd month then the credit will be for $25 and not $15.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Catherine_T, can the name of the thread get changed for accuracy, please.  It is the second 30 days, not month.  There is already a lot of confusion for some users as to why their payment date is always changing and an announcement such as this makes it sound like it is monthly billing when it isn't.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Grease_Bits
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Appreciate the quick response!

Seems like just bad timing on our part. Worth a shot asking.

@Grease_Bits wrote:

Doh, I signed up my mother to a public mobile account yesterday. If I sign her up through the email link will this promotion be applied to her plan that was activated on the 22nd?

No, it will not. Contact the moderators to see if they can apply the promo manually.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the quote bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.