cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days of service for $0!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective September 7, 2019 until September 8, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your next 30 days for $0 when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online and in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store at a participating retailer on a $25/mo plan or higher from September 7 until September 8 2019, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 7 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 7 business days of activating.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found atca/rewardrules, apply.
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

128 REPLIES 128

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@535 wrote:

Hi my friends.

Do I have to ask via email or click somewhere in order to activate this second month free promo ?

I just activate a new SIM today.

@535 

If you've activated a $25/mo plan or higher, you will automatically be credited an amount equal to your rate plan within 7 days in your account. No need to do anything but wait and then check your account balance.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi my friends.

Do I have to ask via email or click somewhere in order to activate this second month free promo ?

I just activate a new SIM today.

SD08

@pointingfinger wrote:

If I had a SIM card I'd activate it today but I need to order one online and it won't arrive before the promotion ends. Does that mean I can't take advantage of this promotion?

You missed this flash sale, but you might consider getting a PM SIM now for future promos, so you'll be ready next time.

All you really need is a SIM card number, not the actual SIM card.  I keep meaning to buy a couple of spare SIM cards so that I can give the number to someone in this predicament via messenger. Then the card needs to be mailed to the person.  Presumably providing this service might be worth getting the referal perk from the person and possibly the cost of the card back since they will get a $10 referal credit as well. Maybe someone has a spare SIM that will help you out today?

Terry 

@pointingfinger wrote:

If I had a SIM card I'd activate it today but I need to order one online and it won't arrive before the promotion ends. Does that mean I can't take advantage of this promotion?

That is correct.  You need to activate a SIM card by tomorrow midnight to get this promotion.  Do you live near one of the vendors?  Walmart, Mobile shop (Loblaw), London drugs, WOW mobile, some authorized Koodo dealers.  

pointingfinger

SD08

@kelvarnsen wrote:

So if you signed up for this deal and set up autopay, would you also get the $2 autopay credit for the first month? Even though the first month didn't actually cost you anything.

@kelvarnsen It's not the first month that's free but the second month.  You have to pay for the 1st month to activate, then PM will give you credit equal to the next month within 7 days.  And yes, if you activate with autopay, you will get the autopay reward for the first month in the form of $2 in available balance.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So if you signed up for this deal and set up autopay, would you also get the $2 autopay credit for the first month? Even though the first month didn't actually cost you anything.

@_Denis_ wrote:

I just signed up (just after midnight, Sep 7).
I used a refferal code (10$ was not yet applied)
and the RBC checkout code (that worked fine)
Is there anything i need to do to get the FLASH SALE (as it says it is stackable) or will it, and the $10 refferal be applied within 3-7 business days with no action?

It's automatic.  You'll be credited for 30 days of plan fees within 7 business days.  The $10 for being referred will be in your account within 3 days.

@darlicious wrote:

But the promo says "these places specifically only" and then lists the retailers.

That's only because this promotional was originally going to be an in-store only promotion. When it's online or in-store, that means activation can be from any activation channel.

_Denis_

I just signed up (just after midnight, Sep 7).
I used a refferal code (10$ was not yet applied)
and the RBC checkout code (that worked fine)
Is there anything i need to do to get the FLASH SALE (as it says it is stackable) or will it, and the $10 refferal be applied within 3-7 business days with no action?

Ok cool....in that case " Go Mobile Repair" on West Broadway near Cambie in Vancouver. Open Saturday 10 - 6. Closed Sunday. They offer a free SIM card with in store activation and the purchase of a plan. They have used phones with good warranties. Check them out online. Don't know them, never been there (want to though) not affiliated with them at all but they're 3 blocks from London drugs and I'm pretty sure they won't screw it up like London drugs has already. Go little guy!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

I'm all for giving the little guy the business I just don't want to waste a new customer or a small businesses time by being in accurate in our advice.

It really doesn't matter when it says in-store OR online. Sometimes these promos stipulate in-store only or online only. This is both. So it doesn't really matter. They're just the standard list of stocking retailers.

I'm all for giving the little guy the business I just don't want to waste a new customer or a small businesses time by being in accurate in our advice.

But the promo says "these places specifically only" and then lists the retailers.

@YVR wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Ok so in market means only what public mobile offers its customers in house versus a retailer that offers a free SIM card on activation and purchase of a plan.

In market just means the current plans / promos PM has.  For this promo if you do not activate online, you have to activate with those retailers listed.  These places specifically only :

• Walmart
  • London Drugs
  • The Mobile Shop
  • WOW! mobile boutique

It could be possible that some of these dealers may also give a free PM card upon activation -- that would not affect this promo and you would get both

Acivation does not specifically have to be done at those stores.  It can be done anywhere that offers the service.  Even if it's just someone who runs a small business out of a home-office or a corner store that offers Public mobile sim cards, new customers can still get this promo since places that aren't those above branded stores could just use a standard internet connection to activate your service.  When a promotion is online and in-store, that really means activation anywhere possible.  Public Mobile does have some agreements with some people and businesses other than those listed retail locations to promote the brand and services.

You have Wal-Mart what you have to do is find a retailer in your area offering a free SIM card with in store activation and Wal-Mart will price match it.

kelvarnsen

@darlicious wrote:

That seems to me and it's worth a try....because when I signed up my boyfriend on the $10 off $40+ plan by August 21st London drugs had a free SIM card with in store activation and he was given a free SIM card and I had been successful in them retroactively price matching my SIM card for free based on the on going(online advertised) free SIM card with in store activation and the purchase of a plan at go mobile repair in Vancouver. So in theory both Wal-Mart and London drugs in the Vancouver area should price match a free SIM card according to their price match policies.

That means on a $60 Plan you could save $82 and on a $25 Plan a whopping $47!!!!

Plan credit+$10 referral+$10 free SIM card+$2autopay....thats a stinking deal!

Just one more reason why I wish they had London Drugs in Ontario.

That seems to me and it's worth a try....because when I signed up my boyfriend on the $10 off $40+ plan by August 21st London drugs had a free SIM card with in store activation and he was given a free SIM card and I had been successful in them retroactively price matching my SIM card for free based on the on going(online advertised) free SIM card with in store activation and the purchase of a plan at go mobile repair in Vancouver. So in theory both Wal-Mart and London drugs in the Vancouver area should price match a free SIM card according to their price match policies.

That means on a $60 Plan you could save $82 and on a $25 Plan a whopping $47!!!!

Plan credit+$10 referral+$10 free SIM card+$2autopay....thats a stinking deal!

Nice to FINALLY get one of these offers like "the old days!" (Way back in March!!) Remember when these were offered for a 3 or 4  week stretch and at the same time as the $25/$25 referral credits!

Ahhh, the good ol' days!

Terry

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile hopefully you fix your system issues by tomorrow or there will be lots of sign ups with a 1969 payment date 😁

I refered someone who activated yesterday  ....I won't tell him about this but I think he may have activated the $15 plan anyway which is below the minimum to get this deal.

But what I wanted to report was that he got the SIM for free at London Drugs in greater Vancouver area and they gave him no grief using my referral code.

Terry

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST GOT 4 LINES SET UP!!!!!!!!

YVR

@darlicious wrote:

Ok so in market means only what public mobile offers its customers in house versus a retailer that offers a free SIM card on activation and purchase of a plan.

In market means any autopay bonuses, bonus data with autopay etc, limited time only plans available all can be combined with deal

YVR

@darlicious wrote:

In market just means the current plans / promos PM has.  For this promo if you do not activate online, you have to activate with those retailers listed.  These places specifically only :

• Walmart
  • London Drugs
  • The Mobile Shop
  • WOW! mobile boutique

It could be possible that some of these dealers may also give a free PM card upon activation -- that would not affect this promo and you would get both

My second line 2 days ago....

flash231

This is super annoying I just signed earlier today 😞

SD08

@kelvarnsen wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

What does stackable with other in market promotions mean?

It means if you refer someone they also get a $10 bill credit. 

That $10 referral credit for the referred customer is a standard credit, not a promo.  An example of a promo that might be stacked with this one is a limited time $25 referral bonus for both referrer and referred, like the one they previously had here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Share-the-love-get-a-25-Credit-for-You-...

THS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I JUST signed up 5 lines yesterday... Any way I can get this please ? Considering adding 2 more lines. 

Need Help? Let's chat.