cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System maintenance - On September 5 2019, 12:00 AM ET - To September 5 2019, 4:00 AM ET

Julie_D
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This means that between September 5 2019, 12:00 AM ET – September 5 2019, 4:00 AM ET you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

PM.system.PNG

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

21 REPLIES 21

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Doing regulary system maintence will help PM keeping up to the standard. 😄 

wingin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the heads up

@danielj wrote:

Public Mobile is thankfully letting us know about the system maintenance. Unfortunately ‎they are telling us about September 5 2019, 4:00 AM on 09-03-2019 05:20 PM. Earlier notice would be appreciated.

Simon had a mental breakdown; wasn't quite prepared for all the requests?

Screenshot 2019-09-04 at 2.16.59 PM.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@danielj wrote:

Public Mobile is thankfully letting us know about the system maintenance. Unfortunately ‎they are telling us about September 5 2019, 4:00 AM on 09-03-2019 05:20 PM. Earlier notice would be appreciated.

How much notice do you need?  I think the bigger issue is not the timing of these announcement but when and how customers become aware of announcements.  If this came out a week earlier, it would only give you that much additional lead time if you became aware of the announcement immediately or soon after it is posted. 

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You mean I have to tell my 30 new referrals that they can't activate tomorrow at 12am Smiley LOL I kid I kidSmiley LOL

Thanks for informing us.

Sleepy time for you guys back east...9pm for us westcoasters.

kevinqqh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's why can't log in .

denis2

Thats OK, i've scheduled some shut eye for that time period. Smiley Wink

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the heads up @Julie_D luckily that's school night so I definitely won't be up that late.  Wait a minute, I haven't been to school in 10 years Smiley LOL 

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@Poogzley No, they do not share the database. We cannot login to koodo prepaid using our PM self-serve details and vise versa. Seems like they share the same server, but probably have different features. Last time i checked, the self-serve layout looked very similar. 

I would beg to differ, as the moderators are required to make a prepaid port from Koodo, AND you can not use the same email address.  The database is shared, but the customer facing GUI is separate systems.

Ya, they might share the same database systems/storage, but they handle each query separately for both self-serve portals. 

@NDesai wrote:

@Poogzley No, they do not share the database. We cannot login to koodo prepaid using our PM self-serve details and vise versa. Seems like they share the same server, but probably have different features. Last time i checked, the self-serve layout looked very similar. 

I would beg to differ, as the moderators are required to make a prepaid port from Koodo, AND you can not use the same email address.  The database is shared, but the customer facing GUI is separate systems.

Poogzley

@NDesai wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

Julie, thanks for the notice but why does it seem to go down every few days and there's no notice?

Those are know as unscheduled and unexpected maintenance Smiley LOL

Something we all should know that Koodo prepaid and Public Mobile self-serve are linked together. If Koodo decides to make any changes, we go down as well. Check tonight or tomorrow during this scheduled maintenance and you will notice that Koodo Prepaid is also down. 

@NDesai really I never noticed that, do they share the same database or server?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

Julie, thanks for the notice but why does it seem to go down every few days and there's no notice?

Something we all should know that Koodo prepaid and Public Mobile self-serve are linked together. If Koodo decides to make any changes, we go down as well. Check tonight or tomorrow during this scheduled maintenance and you will notice that Koodo Prepaid is also down. 

Separate koodo prepaid and PM prepaid is a great improvement.  It will cut down moderator work load for sure.

@cavemantoronto wrote:

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Poogzley

@Julie_D Will the site maintenance page still look like this, or is it also getting a redesign with the new logo and colours? Are there any new features coming? 🤓

@Julie_D wrote:

This means that between September 5 2019, 12:00 AM ET – September 5 2019, 4:00 AM ET you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account 

system maintenance.jpg

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Julie_D you can't use it half the time anyway lol

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Good to know....will this be on your webpage as well?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thank you for the advanced notice.

Need Help? Let's chat.