cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Buy a SIM & get a bonus 3 GB of data when you activate on any plan $35/mo or higher

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community!

Happy Friday! My name is Tiana and I’m a recent addition to the Public Mobile team. I’ll be your go-to from now on for all things PM and Community, taking over from @Alan_K. Don’t worry, Alan will still be around and on the team, only now with a new focus on improving support for you all. I’m super excited to join the Community and for my first announcement to be a flash sale coming this weekend!

From November 9-10, customers that purchase a SIM card online or in-store will gain access to an exclusive offer of a one-time bonus 3GB of data. Simply activate before November 10, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 3 GB of data: When you activate by November 10th on a rate plan of $35/mo or higher. you will get a one-time bonus 3 GB of data.
    • To redeem, SIM must be activated by November 10th on any rate plan $35/mo or higher. Purchase a SIM online here.
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 3 GB data Add-On within 10 business days.
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

70 REPLIES 70

@darlicious @ShawnC13 

I'd like to take a moment to remind you to please keep the discussions on this threat about the Flash Sale and any questions regarding that topic specifically. Because the sale is over now, I will be freezing the comments today. 

Thank you both for being such active contributors here on the Community. Public Mobile could not operate the way it does without folks like you helping other customers and making corrections when needed. We are grateful to have customers like you who dedicate so much time and effort in the attempt to make everyone's experience on the Community as enjoyable and informative as possible. 

@Grant-Cell-315 wrote:

How often are these Flash Sales offered?  I ordered my sim card yesterday but will not get it in time to take advantage of this flash sale. I am willing to hold onto the sim card until there is another opportunity to take advantage of the bonus data. 

But flash sales vary quite a bit. They are Not always bonus add-on data. In the past year I have seen new customer deals of:

-$10/month credits for the first 6 or first 3 months.

-Second Month free by credits, usually mislabelled "First Month Free".

-Bonus data add-on of 1, 2 or 3 Gb.

-Free SIM card 

There have also been "Referal Bonus" which can be stacked with the above Credits when both perks overlap:

-Double the $10 for new customer align with $10 for the referrer as well.

-$25 for each person instead of just $10 for new referred customer.

i am sure I missed some other promos with variations to the above credits.

AE_Collector

@Grant-Cell-315  The next flash sale is likely black Friday but you can sign up for deal alerts on the plans page.

Grant-Cell-315
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How often are these Flash Sales offered?  I ordered my sim card yesterday but will not get it in time to take advantage of this flash sale. I am willing to hold onto the sim card until there is another opportunity to take advantage of the bonus data. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Sea_Mare  Thanks to a private message from @ShawnC13  correcting me the "@" is not required in the send bar when using a private message. Just wanted to clear that up for you and other users of the community. You will find that the oracles here are extremely helpful in making sure the correct information is supplied in order to avoid confusion. I would like to personally thank @ShawnC13 for his private message and @will13am , @computergeek541 , @Luddite , @mimmo, @stonechucker , @SD08 and @NDesai for all their mentoring during my time on the community in the last few months to make me a better contributer. Most though don't feel the need to send the correction via private message but simply correct you on the thread.

@darlicious , I have no idea what the issue you have against me.  I correct you in the thread and you think I have something against you, I send you a private message so you could make a correction without others knowing and you post about that in a passive aggressive manner.  I honestly don't know how to help you become more knowledgeable on your posts about PM.  You seem to take offense anyway it is done.  

Here is the private message I sent just so everyone can see

In your post to Sea Mare you mentioned to "@" in the send to bar.  It isn't required in the private message section you just need the name.  I didn't want to post publicly as you think I am just picking on you.  I correct everyone I see making errors and appreciate the time you are putting in here.  I just want to make sure all the information provided is accurate as the Community is only as good as the information provided.

@ShawnC13 

The very first time you corrected me when I was a mere neophyte on the community I did take offense to how you corrected me. As I had said I thought the way you came across was intimidating and that users especially new ones would be put off by your manner and may choose not to contribute especially if they had confidence or self esteem issues. The community is supposed to be inclusive and as an oracle in a "power" position the more common users not only look up to oracles, seek guidance and mentorship but we also expect you to set a good example that includes the way you communicate and in my case how, when and where you correct us for our minor or major mistakes in giving advice on the community. Seeing as I do spend an inordinant amount of time on here I do read and follow a high percentage of posts and threads. I do purposely avoid comment on your contributions unless they are directed at me. You do occasionally correct other users about equal to the amount of times you have corrected me. Given the overall mistakes made by users on a daily basis you are exceptionally good at noticing mine. Not all of them mind you. When they are pointed out by other members I thank them, compliment them, sometimes make a joke (usually at my own expense) edit my post correcting the error and tag the user to be aware of my error and supplying the correct information and tagging the user that supplied it. None of these users have ever expressed "that I have something against them" or have called me passive aggressive. Way back when...you first called me passive aggressive I made the effort to look up the definition and do a little research to see if I was really acting in that manner. After realizing shortly after our first exchange that we are very different people and accepting we would probably never get along (thank goodness we don't work together). I took the following advice to heart and have tried to implement it :

How to be kind and assertive:

1. Understand assertiveness...

2. Keep your communication style in line.

3. Understand and accept differences.

4. Speak simply and directly.

5. Exercise the power of "I".

6. Stay calm.

7. Set boundaries.

Now I thought I was doing a good job of implementing this by not being aggressive or passive aggressive but still standing up for myself and doing it in a public arena rather than private as you have so often chosen to do. If you hadnt noticed after our first round i do not respond you via private message. Not that i am saying this to you...and perhaps as man you have not experienced this....but as most women have experienced harassment in many types and forms it almost always happens in private. So I by no means am accusing you of this but for both of our protection I have kept the conversation in public and free to be viewed, judged and commented on by anyone who wishes to. If you feel I am still being passive aggressive I simply have to accept that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I would prefer you kept it to yourself but I have no control over that either. I have apologised to you both publicly and privately in the past to no avail so there is no point it wasting any more time on that if you cannot accept it. So I will leave you with some time worn advice that I'm sure everyone has heard. " If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing at all."

Or is that passive aggressive as well?

@TrevorL wrote:

You can just buy a Sim card at an available retailer and then activate online and get the sale in time!

Maybe, in more western time zones, but in more eastern time zones, who's still open?

@Sea_Mare wrote:

Good day Computergeek541,

It's to bad Public mobile does not have a better set up for giving a 48 hour promo without giving you time to use it. These promo are good for people that live in a city where everything is available. Would you suggest that when I get my sim card I should wait till black Friday to join Public mobil.

Thank you

When the promo is for this short of period of time, it's mostly limited to in-store and online activations if you arlready have a sim card.  As you already know, there are other ways, but if you know you're going to join soon, it might not be a bad idea to have a sim card ready ahread of time.  There have been in-store only promotions before, and unfortunately, keeping a sim card around in that case wouldn't help. However, sometimes, there are also online actvation only promos.

@TrevorL wrote:

You can just buy a Sim card at an available retailer and then activate online and get the sale in time!

'Ya better hustle...

Simply activate before November 10, 2019 11:59PM ET

Yes, but just over 2 hours left to do so. Must end at midnight eastern as it ends at 9PM Pacific time.

AE_Collector

TrevorL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious wrote:

@Sea_Mare  Thanks to a private message from @ShawnC13  correcting me the "@" is not required in the send bar when using a private message. Just wanted to clear that up for you and other users of the community. You will find that the oracles here are extremely helpful in making sure the correct information is supplied in order to avoid confusion. I would like to personally thank @ShawnC13 for his private message and @will13am , @computergeek541 , @Luddite , @mimmo, @stonechucker , @SD08 and @NDesai for all their mentoring during my time on the community in the last few months to make me a better contributer. Most though don't feel the need to send the correction via private message but simply correct you on the thread.

@darlicious , I have no idea what the issue you have against me.  I correct you in the thread and you think I have something against you, I send you a private message so you could make a correction without others knowing and you post about that in a passive aggressive manner.  I honestly don't know how to help you become more knowledgeable on your posts about PM.  You seem to take offense anyway it is done.  

Here is the private message I sent just so everyone can see

In your post to Sea Mare you mentioned to "@" in the send to bar.  It isn't required in the private message section you just need the name.  I didn't want to post publicly as you think I am just picking on you.  I correct everyone I see making errors and appreciate the time you are putting in here.  I just want to make sure all the information provided is accurate as the Community is only as good as the information provided.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Belushi wrote:

Thanks for the response. Will check after 72hrs.

@Belushi  after further research and a post by @computergeek541  it can take up to 10 business days for it to be added. Generally for most it will occur within 72hrs after the promo ends...so hopefully by day end on Wednesday Nov 13th. But unless you run out of your monthly allotment  of data before the 10 days is up would wait until then to contact a moderator about having it added. It is an addon that rolls over so you want to use it  to cover heavy usage months when you run out of data just before renewal. If you find you either have larger monthly data needs ($10 more monthly from the $40 plan adds 3.5gb to your plan) or much lower data needs 1gb or so (save $15 per month by changing on your next renewal to the $25 plan). These will make the data add on bonus have the most value on your plan. At $90 (3×$30/1gb) data add ons are expensive at public mobile so having them compliment your plan and making them stretch is better than burning thru them when 3.5gb -4gb can be purchased by 30 day plan changes for $10-$15 more.

@Belushi wrote:

Again, Public Mobile has said up to 10 business days for the data bonus.

Belushi

@Sea_Mare wrote:

Hi AE_Collector,

I did send you an answer, the thing is I am very new at this. So if My message did not get to you explain how to send you a private message.

thank you

@Sea_Mare  To send a private message either go to the envelope icon top right of your screen by your avatar and add in the send to bar "@" whomever and tap the appropriate user in the pop up or tap and hold the avatar of the user you want to message and click in the pop up of the user "private message".

Just checked again, no new messages so something went wrong. Here is where you click for private messages. Or just send an email to A1A33702@telus.net if that works.

AE_Collector

D5DBF14B-C164-4F5E-B02B-8588B5C31C42.jpeg

Sea_Mare

Hi AE_Collector,

I did send you an answer, the thing is I am very new at this. So if My message did not get to you explain how to send you a private message.

thank you

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious @AE_Collector 

For this promotion, Public Mobile said up to 10 business days in the first message of this thread, although it could take less than that for some new customers.

@computergeek541  Thanks I was thinking it was that....went looking and couldn't find the statement so I went with lesser option.

I sent you a private message offering you the SIM card to get it done today...if you still want to.

AE_Collector

Sea_Mare

Good day Computergeek541,

It's to bad Public mobile does not have a better set up for giving a 48 hour promo without giving you time to use it. These promo are good for people that live in a city where everything is available. Would you suggest that when I get my sim card I should wait till black Friday to join Public mobil.

Thank you

Yeah probably "worst case scenario". Quite likely it will be done in just a few days but hold off on contacting moderators until the official time has passed.

AE_Collector

@darlicious @AE_Collector 

For this promotion, Public Mobile said up to 10 business days in the first message of this thread, although it could take less than that for some new customers.

I thought this promo said added within 7 days? In any event, it likely has to be added manually so a couple of days at least and quite possibly more.

AE_Collector

@Belushi  The data bonus will be added go your account within 72 hours. No promo code is needed it is automatic.

Belushi

Good day everyone. Just got a sim and activated the $40 plan. Surprised there wasnt any 3gb bonus data when i checked my profile. Am i missing anything? No promotion code was provided for the 3Gb bonus so i couldnt input any for the field while activating.

Glorious

Love Public Mobile! This would make a great Christmas gift 🙂 

@Sea_Mare wrote:

Hi AE_Collector,

I did order a sim card this morening since I could not go to the store to get one. I still want to take part in the promo. But since I do not have the sim card I can not do anything before midnight tonight. Can you help me. I did get an email from public mobile with the order conformation 182150.

Thank you

Private message sent to you....

Sea_Mare

Hi AE_Collector,

I did order a sim card this morening since I could not go to the store to get one. I still want to take part in the promo. But since I do not have the sim card I can not do anything before midnight tonight. Can you help me. I did get an email from public mobile with the order conformation 182150.

Thank you

These new customer promos frequently say to order a sim online even though it is only a 48 hour promotion. They should offer the service to include the serial number of the sim in an email when one is ordered.

AE_Collector

edited by computergeek541: This isn't a buy and sell website and as such, these references have been removed.

Need Help? Let's chat.