cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support during COVID-19 situation

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help. 

To have your questions answered as quickly as possible, access support 24/7 via our Help Articles, our chatbot SIMon, or start a conversation in our friendly Community. 

IMPORTANT: So what does this mean if I have an issue right now?

For the time being, we ask that you consider the following pointers about customer support:

• Please reach out to our Moderator team only if your matter is urgent so that we may prioritize critical cases first while support is run with fewer team members. 
  • The best way to submit a ticket with support remains with submitting a ticket via our virtual assistant, SIMon, so that our Moderators receive all the pertinent information from the get-go. Only one ticket submission per issue is required.
  • If your matter is not urgent, please use other methods of support until further notice, or consider holding off on the support request until a later point in time 

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time, as we continue to work together through these difficult times. This page will be updated as the situation develops.

-Public Mobile Community Team

220 REPLIES 220

Shadowfox
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for keeping us informed!

@beharry0376 wrote:

Unable to verify e-mail address

Did you forget your email for self service? Check your email accounts for a welcome email from PM.

Email title would be: Your Public Mobile Activation Details

beharry0376

Unable to verify e-mail address

@Alexdilem  Hopefully @JoyLuck advice has allowed you to enter your credit card info....if not and you have not tried too many times a couple of additions to her instructions may help. After clearing your browser....reboot your device. Then using only one tab in secret/incognito mode use chrome, Firefox or safari as they work best. When filling in your billing information USE ALL CAPS if necessary and don't use autofill...... type in each number or letter. Hopefully this helps and remember to use this method of accessing your account whenever you intend to make any changes such as purchasing add ons, plan changes or payments.

@Alexdilem wrote:

Yes i have the 2$ reward.  

And i did follow the instruction on *611, but it says that my credit card cannot be verified or something.

Went to a park (free wifi) logged into my account. Re-entered my credit card info. It says unable to process...

Edit : i went to the corner store to buy a refill with a pin number. Paid with said credit card, it worked. I still missed important phone calls and deliveries today and I still want that autopayment to work. HELP

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address Exactly as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank. If needed enter your apartment number in the street address field.

Enter your postal code without spaces unless there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space.

Note: The credit card will get locked after a few failed attempts. You will then have to contact a moderator for assistance to have it unlocked.

Alexdilem

Yes i have the 2$ reward.  

And i did follow the instruction on *611, but it says that my credit card cannot be verified or something.

Went to a park (free wifi) logged into my account. Re-entered my credit card info. It says unable to process...

Edit : i went to the corner store to buy a refill with a pin number. Paid with said credit card, it worked. I still missed important phone calls and deliveries today and I still want that autopayment to work. HELP

@Alexdilem  Are you getting the autopay reward of $2? If your card is registered on the account you can pay for your plan thru 611. Just follow the prompts......

Your autopay may have failed. 611 can give you the info on your account status and If you need to manually pay or not.

@Alexdilem Contact the moderators directly through private message here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

While you wait for their response,  try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $2 To your account and restart your phone .

Stay safe. 

@Alexdilem wrote:

HELP ! Unable to Process Transaction.

My credit card is good. I was supposed to be on automatic payment. It's my 2nd month with Public. 1st was paid with said credit card in a shopping mall booth. I need someone to check into my Public account. Phone is offline, Public booths are closed, im in a park for a WiFi, this is a nightmare.H !!! 

If below does not work here is a direct link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Alexdilem

HELP ! Unable to Process Transaction.

My credit card is good. I was supposed to be on automatic payment. It's my 2nd month with Public. 1st was paid with said credit card in a shopping mall booth. I need someone to check into my Public account. Phone is offline, Public booths are closed, im in a park for a WiFi, this is a nightmare.Help !!! 

Edit :I went to the corner store to buy a refill with a pin number. Paid with said credit card, it worked. I still missed important phone calls today and I still want that autopayment to work. HELP

@WHYung wrote:

During to pandemic, I use computer, online more often than before. My data is not enough for handling my daily work. I was told some mobile companies provide more free data, even unlimited without extra cost for their customers. Are you providing the same support to help the customers in this period of time?

At this time, the only Public Mobileoffer is for 1GB of data add-on for $15 as noted by @JoyLuck .  That's a 50% reduction in the usual cost of $30.

If possible, make use of your in-home wifi. Also note that Shaw has opened up their wifi network so look for the Shaw Go wifi hotspots and use the free wifi they offer.

Stay safe...stay home and plan your next vacation.

@WHYung  one option would be an internet provider and no contract WiFi. Also, a tempory switch to Telus, or to the $50 PM hybrid plan. Stay safe. 

Screenshot_20200323-100237.jpg

Shaw will provide free access to all Shaw Go WiFi hotspots in Western Canada for anyone, whether they are a customer or not.

@WHYung wrote:

During to pandemic, I use computer, online more often than before. My data is not enough for handling my daily work. I was told some mobile companies provide more free data, even unlimited without extra cost for their customers. Are you providing the same support to help the customers in this period of time?

You can purchase 1 GB for $15. Half off right now. If you are in western Canada, Shaw has all their hotspots free right now. Over 100000 hotspots across Canada.

gig.jpg

WHYung

PhillyMack

Good Job

@Kiravanskiver wrote:

I need a puk code from the carrier, like go enjoy live get off this lol

Here is a solution from another thread:

Oracle
PUK
@Fathiya wrote:

I need help to get my PUK code my SIM is locked by accident but can I get the PUK code please 

@Fathiya 

If it is your sim card's security PIN that you've entered numerous times incorectly, that would be why would need the sim card's PUK.  The only way to get that is to send a private message to Moderator_Team. That can be done by clicking here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The other option woudl be to go to a store to purchase a replcement sim card.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kiravanskiver wrote:

Lol I don’t need this rn I have tried every code it won’t let me in byeee

Well you seem rather disinclined to answer any questions so that we with no lives can help direct you to your options.

Have a nice life.

Kiravanskiver
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well that is sad. 

@Kiravanskiver wrote:

We'll still be here when you come back.

😷

Kiravanskiver

I need a puk code from the carrier, like go enjoy live get off this lol

Kiravanskiver

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kiravanskiver wrote:

I need my puk code this is a jokeee

What are the circumstances? Are you just activating? Is your phone still locked to your previous provider? Is the phone a Samsung?

This is not a joke. If you've put in your own SIM lock code and have forgotten it how is that Public Mobile's fault leading you to threaten to run elsewhere?

Kiravanskiver

I know!!!!!

Kiravanskiver

I need my puk code this is a jokeee

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kiravanskiver wrote:

I’m locked out of my SIM card... if I don’t get a response back soon I will be changing carriers!!

What exact message are you getting on the phone?

Response back here? Or from a ticket? Or in pm?

@Kiravanskiver wrote:

I’m locked out of my SIM card... if I don’t get a response back soon I will be changing carriers!!

Please use the chatbot  SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve  your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 2: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Kiravanskiver

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Thank you for the clear communication! Very helpful during this time. 

Marie555

Thank you , Keep us inform through these rough times.

Need Help? Let's chat.