cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Customer support during COVID-19 situation

@Bj2001, after reading so many posts with USA add-ons, it really does sound like a downer, a bummer, a fail. But, it seems that for the add-on to work, you need to be in the States for it to work. BJ, are you not in the States? 

If you are in the States, and living or working from there, isn't it cheaper for you to get a plan from the States versus getting a plan from Public Mobile? From my cousins who live down there, the plans are much cheaper than up here in Canada!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Bj2001  Did you get any contact from a moderator in the last two weeks? I cant remember if you told us the make and model of your phone? I know @Jb456 was trying to help to see if there was an issue with your model of phone. @Alan_K has always been on top of community issues and is currently filling in at his former position while Tiana is away and would be concerned with your inability to get your US roaming add ons to work and your inability to have any contact with the moderators. Please note there is reduced service during the covid 19 crisis due to health and safety concerns.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi mpcdesign

My situation is different. I spend the winter in Florida and use a cheap Tracfone (pay as you go) and have a land line.  PM offered 10 days of free calling, texting and a bit of data for those of us who are travelling home asap as directed by our government.  The Tracfone doesn't allow texting to out of country numbers, nor is calling Canada that easy.  I purchased the US add-on only for use while in the USA to call ahead for hotels and to text family for updates on border situation and to help monitor traffic issues around Atlanta and other large cities along the I75 corridor. It was greatly appreciated and next year (if possible) I would purchase the same add-on for my travel home. Hope this helps. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Mimi33    Is my memory correct that you switched just before Xmas from bell after being bummed out that you had just found public mobile in November about a month after pm eliminated the $60 US/Canada 8gb+2gb roaming plan?

Highlighted

Hey darlicious

That is correct. Wow...you have a great memory.  I am very happy with PM so far and now I am going to have my spouse leave the same company as his plan just incresed without any notification.  How rude!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Mimi33  Lol....it all started to come back to me. If the bf and I do make it to London we might just have to meet for a coffee or a drink! Those sneaky little increases other providers like to slip in here and there.....thats one great thing about public mobile your plan price never increases. They might eliminate a plan and grandfather you in but once you have it you get to keep it!

Highlighted

Let me know when and we can meet.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Mimi33  Fingers crossed mid September if we can flatten the curve!

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I  forward my # to another # or turn on service here in Costa Rica? Telus customer can get services here so not sure why public mobile customer can't?

My flight home to Toronto was cancelled due to COVID. I'd like to transfer my existing# to a VoIP line at minimum if I can't use PM services here. Don't see any options to do such things self serve. Appreciate any help

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

For number forwarding, I simply go into the phone dialer, call forward seeing and supply the number to forward calls to.