cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: A Letter from Dave: Looking back on 2019 and our 2020 goals

@CalebK wrote:

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's announcement!

Looking forward to the announcement tomorrow as well! Smiley Very Happy

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We are tier 3. Let's be realistic in positioning ourselves in market. Now that the tier 2s are all offering 5GB LTE for $40 a month, shouldn't we get a move on, too? 

"Less for less" is our only niche, and we seem to be throwing it out altogether. 

Let's do $10 per GB, throw in some voice and texts. People would be all over us.  

@Pound  That's basically already offered. $15 base plan with 250mb on autopay and 100 outgoing minutes. $25 unlimited minutes and texts and 1gb on autopay. Yes there should be a 2 or 3gb plan priced in the $30 to $35 range. But the $40 plan has 5gb and the $50 8.5gb so 3.5gb for an extra $10.   So I don't see the problem....unless you expecting calling, texting and 1gb of data for $10. Public mobile wouldn't be in business for very long offering a plan like that!

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's what I was thinking. The only way we could even come close to that is by having millions and millions of people. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I really wish PM would fill in the gap with something realistic between the $25 and $40 plans. Why not do both...$30 2Gb & $35 3Gb. 

Look at all the comments from potential new customers learning that the 5Gb data add-on was one single 5Gb, not every month. I try to explain to them how you can get by with a lower cost lower data plan falling back on the add-on if needed but the problem with trying to pick a plan with just barely enough data for many individuals is the big hole between the 1 and 5 Gb plans.

AE_Collector

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

we are looking forward to the great achievement of PM in 2020. 

@AE_Collector wrote:

I really wish PM would fill in the gap with something realistic between the $25 and $40 plans. Why not do both...$30 2Gb & $35 3Gb. 

Look at all the comments from potential new customers learning that the 5Gb data add-on was one single 5Gb, not every month. I try to explain to them how you can get by with a lower cost lower data plan falling back in the add-on if needed but the problem with trying to pick a plan with just enough data for many individuals is the big hole between the 1 and 5 Gb plans.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  I couldn't agree with you more...had that in the back of my mind to mention to @Dave_M  as part of my wishlist for 2020. Thanks for bringing it up.

YVR

Good read on the update and chagnes in the past year.  Looking forward to the announcement that should be anytime soon!

Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector @darlicious

Those sorts of confusions and misunderstandings from new customers - especially on promo details - are all too common.

To me this suggests PM hasn't consistently communicated the details effectively.

I think it's evident that the majority of PM customers never bother to visit the PM Community - or, if they do, it's only when they need to complain about and/or fix a problem. So I don't think the PM Community is really an effective communication tool in terms of keeping customers informed.

I think it's likely that many or most customers never bother to read the fine print (Terms of Service, Plan details, etc) and hardly bother to login to their Self-Serve with much frequency. Just to pay their bill (if no AutoPay) and maybe check how many minutes/megabytes they have left before they logout again, they don't get very excited about browsing Self-Serve unless there's some kind of problem somewhere. So even though these are the most reliable customer interfaces in theory they aren't so useful in practice. 

Yes, customers do have some "motivation" and an "obligation" to keep themselves informed. But the reality is that many don't do it and sometimes don't even know how to do it. PM usually isn't at fault for failed one-way communications. But PM always is the one blamed in the end. Which means lost customers, lost business, bad advertising. So it seems to me PM has some "motivation" and an "obligation" to step things up.

My suggestion would be more informative SMS notifications. Which provide details about pending expiry of promo components or whatever. Along with lazy mindless weblinks to relevant help/faq pages, community threads, etc. Perhaps even an SMS Simon or other two-way SMS communication channel.

Every PM customer already has a phone which is directly connected to PM. Which already "confirms" the customer's identity well enough. So I say start using that phone more, stop leaning as much on websites and vendors which only add delays and misunderstandings. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Korth 

For sure. It always amazes me how (apparently) little research some people do before taking the plunge and then they arrive quickly on the community with all the WTF questions. I guess it really stands out to me since I check, double check then do even more research before jumping in.

And for sure PM has had repetitive communication glitches. It IS beginning to look as though one of the constant ones from the past has left the building though. That was the promos that were EITHER Dealer Activation Only -or- Online Activation Only (which in my mind couldn't have been a much more confusing way to say "Do it Yourself at Home Activation". "The guy at Walmart DID DO IT ONLINE, I WATCHED HIM!"

For the last several promos it hasn't mattered how you activated though some still seemed to start out with confusing wording to that effect. Bottom line is, I think things are improving!

AE_Collector