cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: A Letter from Dave: Looking back on 2019 and our 2020 goals

@AE_Collector

I agree in thinking that things are improving. Mostly.

I've seen some things improve here over the years (Canada-wide and Unlimited Talk/Text cheaper than ever before).

I've seen some things become worse here in recent years (Build Your Own Plan and 90-day Plans gone, fewer active Mods).

I've seen some things which really don't seem to have much lasting impact (botched promos, kneejerk promos, Simon) - that is, they were "okay" but flawed before, they promise to plow forward with being just as "okay" and flawed in the future. 

And I've seen some things which (I think) should be "easy" to fix (like broken AutoPay because bad AVS parameters) which continue to frustrate some customers into leaving every single month.

I think PM's DIY "online-only" service model was wonderfully innovative a few years ago but it's becoming standard fare from all of PM's competitors today (while, ironically, PM is starting to evolve towards more of the "vendor supported" face-to-face customer service which others are beginning to pull away from). To me this suggests combined successes from mixing both approaches have greater potential than the single success achievable at either extreme. But it also erodes some of what used to make PM stand apart from the competition... and PM hasn't attempted to do anything compelling to stand apart from them again, so it's already losing (or lost) it's competitive edge.

One thing I can say has gotten much worse: it used to be easy to effortlessly score referrals because PM was just so much more awesome than the alternatives, now it's quite difficult to score referrals because PM has become "meh" while everyone else has pulled ahead.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

Good observations from a fairly long term customer. I've only been around for just over one year now.

Cell providers in Canada are becoming more competitive overall having made significant improvements again this year. This can't help but make second and especially third tier providers look less amazing. I look forward to seeing what changes PM makes this coming year and beyond.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I love PM just a few things I'd like for PM to improve upon

1.its just that being able to call and talk to an actucal person for customer service would be amazing

2. Also cheaper plans and more data would be the best  

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Devanshsmehta wrote:

I love PM just a few things I'd like for PM to improve upon

1.its just that being able to call and talk to an actucal person for customer service would be amazing

2. Also cheaper plans and more data would be the best  

This is very unlikely. It's not in the business model.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know right it been a up & down year but all in all I am thankful for being more healthy and saving money with this excellent phone plan. I wish everyone a happy new year in 2020.

Tags (3)
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Love this update. As a new client, I missed the difficulties earlier this year... but the tone and content of this recap and vision-cast is pretty reassuring. Looking forward to helping you be the best Public Mobile you can be!

(PS - Love the Christmas nifty gifties, too!)

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good work Dave and your team! Hope there will be more perks for existing customers in 2020 🙂 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am also new so cannot really comment on past flaws or weak areas. I do appreciate as an existing customer being offered and not left out of promo's or offers and hope that will continue.

While i get needing to attract new business it's just as important to toss the existing ones a bone. Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Today's problems are a good example of what PM should work to change in the coming year. 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I look forward to 2020 with Public Mobile. Signed my family up 3 years ago and haven't looked back. Have seen great improvements with PM over the years. Appreciate the transparency of the company, and how they strive to get better. Keep up the hard word and look forward to what 2020 offers.

Fingers crossed: Visual Voicemail will be coming... PLEASE 🙂