cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Public Mobile data plan and iPad compatibility

@Martin simply because my problem is specific to Public Mobile. I have an iPad data plan with Telus, and that SIM works just fine if I put it into my iPad mini 2...

And, has I said initially, I have no problem with my PM SIM if I put it into my iPhone. The only problem I have is with the specific combination I am trying to use: PM sim in my iPad mini 2.

Highlighted
Legend

Hi @Simon,

Considering that your problem is specific to PM, I certainly hope that you find resolution without further delay.

Good luck!
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Simon To me, it seems from your description that the problem lies somehow with the settings on your iPad. Which is why I feel like PM Support would be better qualified to know what to look out for given your device and iOS version.

It could be something as simple as an APN setting that needs to be slightly different on your device.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Simon & @Martin: I've posted an idea that would have been very helpful in this situation. Please review it and Bravo if you support it:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Outbound-Phone-Support-for-Complex-Issues/i...

Highlighted
Retraité / Retired

@Simon

Have you taken a look at this thread: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/47723/tips-on-avoiding-could-not-activate-cellular-data-net...

Also what you can do is:

Reset network settings on you ipad 

Follow the instructions below to reset your iPad®'s network settings:

• Step 1: Tap Settings.
  • Step 2: Tap General.
  • Step 3: Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Reset.
  • Step 4: Tap Reset Network Settings.
  • Step 5:You will get a prompt warning you that this option will delete all network settings and return them to factory default settings.  Tap Reset to continue.
  • Step 6:Wait while your iPad® resets its network settings.

Manually choose network provider

1. Find "Carrier"
Tap Settings.
Tap CARRIER.
2. Choose option
Choose one of the following options:
Select network manually, go to 2a.
Select network automatically, go to 2b.
2a - Select network manually
Tap the indicator next to Automatic to turn off automatic network selection.
Your device will search for networks within range.
A list of available networks will show on your display.
Tap the required network.
Your display will tell you if you've access to the network you've chosen.
2b - Select network automatically
Tap the indicator next to Automatic to turn on automatic network selection.
5. Save and exit
Tap the Home key to return to standby mode.

Cheers!
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Simon, I recently updated my ipad mini 2 LTE to 9.02, and will try to see if there is any issue with the Public Mobile SIM card (I normally use Wind on the ipad and Public Mobile on the iphone).  Last time, when you reported the problem, I was still in 8.1 and was working ok.  I will try later tonight and let you know if I have any issue.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Simon, I tried and confirmed that it is not working (thus, it is not your ipad mini 2 issue).  When I checked the APN, I do not see the whole setting like iphone, and only the APN section is allowed to input (the mobile hotspot section was originally grayed out, and after I reboot, it mentioned to contact Telus).  I tried unlockit.co.nz and iphone configuration utility and both are not working.  I think it is some setup on the Public Mobile which ignore the APN setting in ipad, even though we can input or install the profile.  Many carriers control what can be input and what cannot be input.  Public Mobile staff like @Jeremy_M@Mansi_G or @Moid_I please check with the technical team if there is any difference in handling for ipad and iphone.  I did not recall what the setting in IOS 8.4 was since I tried when @Simon first post that there was an issue, and I tried in IOS 8.4 and not a problem.  This problem started in IOS 9.02 (my version) or whatever version that @Simon is in.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks a lot @vrance for your input!

All the tests I did with PM and my iPad mini 2 where on iOS 9.x.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm also experiencing exactly the same problem.

My device is ipad mini 4, running ios 9.2. It's saying connected to Public Mobile 3G with full bars, but data is not available at all. I've also followed all the procedure proposed in this thread including APN setting, reset, etc., but all of them didn't work. Isn't there any hope that this problem will be solved sooner or later? Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ithabise There is no known issue regarding PM data being incompatible with a certain device. I would urge you to take your device to your nearest mobile phone repair shop to seek their assistance in making sure your data is configured correctly. It is almost a certainty that the problem lies with your device (since all other users are able to use data without a problem).

Need Help? Let's chat.