cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying in advance

ELMULL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have my acct. setup on auto pay and still want to keep it on auto pay however I would like to pay my acct. at lease 2months in advance but still have the auto pay coming out every month with my last provider I was able to do that through  my bank online but your system does not seem to be setup for that so do i go to your site and do  one time payment?

11 REPLIES 11

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Meow  yeah, if you intentionally switch to an AB number you will pay AB tax after that. It's based on your phone number location... indeed if you want to confuse everyone calling you... and potentially cost LD to some of those using landlines / business lines to call you...

I doubt spamming will be much different... except maybe if you get a number in one of the brand new area codes like 368 - just went live in May 2021.

Edit: though looks like only "testing" rate centres are in 368 so far. 587 is the "next newest" from 2016.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar wrote:

@ELMULL my "pay ahead" hacks.... when visiting Alberta buy a payment voucher PST free. (or if you have friends in AB...) Or sign up with an alberta number before you port

Will that work if you change your ON to AB number in order to save few bucks?

I guess it will confuse all your friends and do not forget, not everybody has free Canada wide calling...

Just wondering does AB gets that much spam calls as ON does...?

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nezgar wrote:

@ELMULL my "pay ahead" hacks.... when visiting Alberta buy a payment voucher PST free. (or if you have friends in AB...) Or sign up with an alberta number before you port in your number... topup PST free prior to porting in your number from another province. 😉

I just bought a $15 plan from CCS for $10 with a free SIM. I am in BC....the final price was $10.50 a 7% tax savings. 

@LeePublic wrote:

@ELMULL PS, if you have a accelerator rewards credit card, you can go to the grocery store/drug store/gas station and buy PM vouchers $20 or $40. you can get the higher rewards/cashback AND still get the auto pay credit.

That is a great idea! Have to check if my local grocer has PM vouchers.

@ELMULL my "pay ahead" hacks.... when visiting Alberta buy a payment voucher PST free. (or if you have friends in AB...) Or sign up with an alberta number before you port in your number... topup PST free prior to porting in your number from another province. 😉

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ELMULL PS, if you have a accelerator rewards credit card, you can go to the grocery store/drug store/gas station and buy PM vouchers $20 or $40. you can get the higher rewards/cashback AND still get the auto pay credit.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ELMULL...think twice about paying too far in advance. Remember that PM has a "no refunds" policy. If you happen to find a better cell phone plan somewhere else...you probably have trouble getting any money back if you pay too far ahead. Paying 1 or 2 months ahead is an good idea, just the same.

Yes, you can 'pay in advance', no time limit how far in the future...

What you would be doing is just putting money into your PM account. Auto-pay will try to take money from your account first and if not enough funds it will charge your card.

Sometimes auto-pay fails and it does not take money from your card (and you have no enough in your PM account) so few members tend to transfer money to their PM account few days before renewal to be sure bill is paid and no service interruption occurs.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

yes, many customer here doing this "Hybrid Autopay" already.  Good thing is that you still get the $2 Autopay reward and no need to worry Autopay failure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ELMULL 

if you on AutoPay in your account and you will earn a $2 credit every 30 days. and you can pay in advance extra amount,

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$ ! if you can see your plan for $25 

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ 25 you will do manually enter Amount: $ 25 + $50 extra how much you like to put you can put it.

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can log into your account and make a manual payment to keep a balance in your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.