cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Service provider name on phone

That is totally normal as Public uses Telus (and Koodo) towers.  

Mayor / Maire

@Selba wrote:

When I check network where you told me it is saying Telus, so is the fact that it shows Koodo on the notification area on top of screen that important?  When I do go to selection of network the options are Telus, BMC, 302490 or Rogers.  I am not sure how to get into the APN settings.

@Selba 

APN & data settings
From any Home screen, tap Apps.
Tap Settings.
Scroll to 'NETWORK CONNECTIONS,' then tap More networks.
Tap Mobile networks.
Tap Access Point Names.
To reset your APN, tap the Menu icon and then tap Reset to default.
If available, tap the Public Mobile APN (the bullet point fills with green).
To verify your APN from previous post. If they are not there then you need to add them.
Tap the Menu key in the top right.
Tap Save.
Tap the desired APN profile you want to use. The bullet point fills with green next to the APN profile.

Manual network selection
You can manually select a network by doing the following:

From any Home screen, tap Apps.
Tap Settings.
Scroll to 'NETWORK CONNECTIONS,' then tap More networks.
Tap Mobile networks.
Tap Network operators.
Tap Search now.

Oracle

@Selba  Do one, none, or both phones work properly with PM SIMs installed? One "rule of thumb at PM" is: as long as service is working normally ignore all messages on the phone and in self serve.

Welcome aboard. Robot Happy

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Both the phones have the new SIM cards installed.  Received messages from Koodo about both numbers' services being cancelled and received verification from Public Mobile for both numbers to have been registered so I figure it is not a big deal that the phone shows as Koodo on lock screen.  When I check the network it is showing as on Telus.  So that is okay. Thanks for all the replies to help me with this. I have gone through all the settings mentioned, it still stays the same on the lock screen not a biggie.  Take care one and all.