cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone says no service

chr1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my phone says no service but is connected to the wifi. 

More than just a couple of times, I have tried: rebooting phone by shutting it down, reinserting the SIM card (i was using a different SIM card for 2 weeks in another country), switching between airplane mode and not, checking my updated IOS system (it's updated).

It seems that i have to shut down the phone completely and restart it every time i want to send or receive a  text or phone call.

Any suggestions? 

6 REPLIES 6

chr1

yes, it's an iphone. I don't have a dual SIM and don't see where to set it as primary

It doesn't seem to make sense that it shows it has service with Public Mobile and then service disappears

thanks for the help though

hi @chr1 is that an iPhone?? make sure the PM sim is set as Primary 

chr1

Yes, used a new sim card when travelling. Removed it and put the public mobile one back in. It shows public mobile in the top corner at first, but then goes back to showing no service. I did click reset settings as you suggested. I thought it worked but again, the no service shows up. 

How do i delete the other SIM card? it was an actual sim card, that i inserted into the phone. 

chr1

thanks for the reply. Yes i have tried that.  the SIM card seems to work, but it's on  (shows Public Mobile in the top corner) but then off again showing no service.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried resetting all the network settings? Also, have you tried the SIM card in a different phone to make sure it still works? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @chr1 

you  used eSIM when you travelled ?? deleted that eSIM yet??

try Reset Network Settings 

Need Help? Let's chat.