cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription not Activated error when trying to port - neither SIM works now

Aria701
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an issue trying to port my number from virgin plus to public mobile:

I put in all my information as requested to activate with eSIM and port my number, and on the very last step the app gives an error saying "subscription not activated" (6 of 6). To make things worse, my virgin mobile SIM stopped working as well so now I have no service whatsoever. My debit got charged immediately however...

What exactly am I supposed to do here? I messaged CS_Agent with no response, but I can't really be stuck without any type of service here. Apparently this is a common issue? I've tried restarting the phone with and without the virgin mobile SIM card and still nothing.

5 REPLIES 5

@Aria701 wrote:

That doesn't exactly make a good first impression of Public Mobile...simply doing the activation/porting process, following all instructions, it giving an error with both services stopping service, with no way to retry the process, no way to self-diagnose, and the only option being to wait on an agent which I just read may not respond for weeks. Lovely.

Welcome to Public Mobile. This is how Public Mobile operates. They use these forums with nobody from Public Mobile monitoring them. We are all customers like you. Only options sadly is to create a ticket and hope they get back to you. 

Aria701

That doesn't exactly make a good first impression of Public Mobile...simply doing the activation/porting process, following all instructions, it giving an error with both services stopping service, with no way to retry the process, no way to self-diagnose, and the only option being to wait on an agent which I just read may not respond for weeks. Lovely.

@Aria701 wrote:

I have tried the SIM in a different phone, it did not work either. 

I hate to say it but...  if you've already created a ticket, you're going to have to wait...

Aria701

I have tried the SIM in a different phone, it did not work either. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Aria701 

Have you tried your SIM card in a different phone?

With regards to reaching out to a CS Agent, they are a few days behind so it may take a bit....

Need Help? Let's chat.