cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

mjeanpaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is your data option unlimited? Or locked in so that you don’t go over your usage?

10 REPLIES 10

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous 

heeheehee Smiley LOL

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Chatr is the same / FM doesn't list one.

They both throttle after the advertised data amount has been used.

Chatr is the same / FM doesn't list one.

@mjeanpaul wrote:

Chatr and Freedom Mobile offers certain gigabites with unlimited usage. Sounds like you haven't done your research well.

Yeah, a friend of mine told me they are with Rogers and their plan went to "unlimited". It's actually $75 for 10 gb and then it throttles to 256Mbps up and down. Not really unlimited but another way to avoid overages for sure.

Is this what Chatr and FM offer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mjeanpaul wrote:

Chatr and Freedom Mobile offers certain gigabites with unlimited usage. Sounds like you haven't done your research well.

Is this one o' those gigabites they offer?

shark.jpg

Sounds like you haven't done your contextual spelling well.

mjeanpaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mjeanpaul there are no unlimited data options with Public Mobile.  Click on the "Plans" tab at the top left and you'll see all the plan options and add-on options.  But nothing unlimited.  There's no company in Canada that offers unlimited data.  I believe there may be one in the USA that offered it temporarily, but that has never happened here, and I doubt it'll happen until a USA company makes it's way here (Verizon almost did and realized it's not worth it).

You will never see overage charges with Public Mobile, once you've used up all your data for the month, then the system will automatically disconnect the data service until the next month, and then your data is replenished for the new month. So you'll never get overage charges (no surprises).  If you run out of data on your plan during the month you can always purchase an add-on so you can continue for the rest of the month (i.e. 200MB for $10).

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM plans are prepaid so once your data limit is reached you wouldn't be able to access the internet unless your purchase an add-on, wait for renewal date, or change renewal date.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mjeanpaul there are never any overage charges when you run out it stops 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mjeanpaul wrote:

Is your data option unlimited? Or locked in so that you don’t go over your usage?

No unlimited here. Once you use your paid-for data then the service stops. There are add-ons available to tie you over until your next renewal though.

Need Help? Let's chat.