cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plan

sillk007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a $35 plan which includes: why am I not able to make a long distance call within Canada?

Special Offer! $35 for 1 GB + 500 MB AutoPay BonusDetails 
 Plan Details:
  • 30-day plan
  • 1 GB of data at 3G speed4
  • Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging3
  • Voicemail and Call Displan
8 REPLIES 8

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@sillk007Can you try it again to see if it works now? Telus did had an outage earlier today.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@sillk007 wrote:

I have a $35 plan which includes: why am I not able to make a long distance call within Canada?

Plan Details:
  • 30-day plan

Account setup or provisioning issue. Only moderators can fix.  Doing the 1 won't make difference. Dialing 1 only skips long distance charge message but call would still ring after message.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sillk007 wrote:

Plan Details:
  • 30-day plan

Welcome to Public Mobile. If you have the plan shown above, you're able to call anywhere in Canada as long as you're in Canada and the plan is active..

If you're getting the ol' "long distance rates may apply"...just ignore. During your 30 day plan, you will not be charged any extra for any calls in Canada.

If you still aren't able to make a call connect, you'll have to contact a moderator for their assisstance.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sillk007 wrote:

Plan Details:
  • 30-day plan

@sillk007  You should be able to. Are you dialing the number directly or from your phone contacts? Try calling directly with a +1  in front of the number. Also make sure you are dialing the correct area code and number 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Are you not able to make the calls (and hear recording that says the call is not covered by your plan or something along the lines that you need to buy add-on) or do you hear a warning that long distance charges may apply.

In the first case you will most likely have to contact moderators at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In the second place you can just ignore the warning and if you want to avoid hearing it dial 1 in front of the number

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you have your number transferred (port) from another provider ? Are you able to make local calls ?  If you still have problems then contact a moderator.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

@sillk007 

Does your other features work like text and data?  In your self service account, is your account status active?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sillk007   Make sure to add +1 in front of your contact numbers.  You should be able to call anyone in Canada with your plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.