cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail greeting not working

Paige4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I go into my voicemail settings it says that I have my personal greeting activated, but when anyone calls me and reaches my voicemail they still hear the auto-greeting "the person you're trying to reach is not available...".

I tried re-recording my personal greeting but it still isn't working. My husband and mom are both having the same issue with their VM. We all recently changed our plans with public so wondering if this is what caused it. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

@melmadsen   The Apple Live Voicemail, from what I have read, requires the carrier to offer Visual Voicemail, which Public Mobile doesn't,  in order to personalize the greeting.  Otherwise it gives the standard Apple greeting.  PM is not the only carrier where a greeting in Apple Live Voicemail can't be changed.  So it's not really a Public Mobile glitch, it's just the way Apple's Live Voicemail works.  Live Voicemail is a feature of ios17 as far as I recall, nobody had it before that ios upgrade.

melmadsen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That totally bites if it's the visual voicemail that's causing this issue! I actually rely on the visual voicemail while I'm unable to pick up the call, but need to know why the person is calling. to have to remove this because it's affecting my personal voicemail, well that is really a glitch that Public Mobile needs to figure out how to fix!

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

To fix this problem PM would need to add support for visual voicemail. Or Apple would need to add support for custom greetings without it.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Paige4  Do you receive other incoming calls generally, those that aren't sent to voicemail?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Paige4  Are you using iPhone ? Try turning off visual voicemail see if that helps 

and here some light reading in voicemail set up 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/voicemail-faqs

hope this helps 

Need Help? Let's chat.