cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer of number

Dee007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to transfer my current number with PM to another carrier and have used SIMon chat to get the SMS text to approve it but never received a SMS from PM??

15 REPLIES 15

@Dee007 

SIMon doesn't initiate the text message for you. you need to ask customer support to send the sms text. some previous posters have already posted a link on how to contact customer support

@Dee007 

On the first SMS text, you must leave your old carrier SIM in your phone.

If you put the PM SIM in the phone during activation, you will not get the SMS text.

Since you contacted a PM CS Agent to restart the porting process. Try switching the SIM for the text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dee007 

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you can't getting you need contact to another carrier and keep your SIM card public mobile

in your device and do processing the transfer to another carrier.

if you still stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number to another carrier, contact to to another carrier ask them can you bring to them a account number for public mobile to them can processing.

or you need to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and ask them why your SMS not getting let them check it out.

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,
  • Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

@Dee007 at chatbot ,

type  port out text not received

• click Transfer my number to another carrier
  • click I have not receive the confirmation SMs
  • click contact us
  • click "click here to submit a ticket"
  • you will then be brought to another window to open the ticket

after ticket opened, keep check your Community inbox where PM support will reply you there

@Dee007 wrote:

that's the thing I have never received the SMS for the request from PM and yes my sim was always inside the phone.. I've used SIMon chat bot to request a porting of number and bot told me 90 mins but never received the SMS after more than 1 day..

So it looks like other provider did not properly contact PM to transfer number.

Talk to other provider to initiate porting again. Tell them you cannot tell PM to release number as request has to come from Other provider, not from customer. Only with land line porting customer has to talk to providers.

Dee007

this is the message I get using SIMon  

"  I'm sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving.

Please note that if your intention is to transfer your number to another provider, your account needs to be active.

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. Please follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer. 

This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent. "

never got the SMS

Dee007

I always get those renew text messages from PM so no it is not blocked

Dee007

that's the thing I have never received the SMS for the request from PM and yes my sim was always inside the phone.. I've used SIMon chat bot to request a porting of number and bot told me 90 mins but never received the SMS after more than 1 day..

@Dee007 open the ticket with PM yo confirm

Also, have  you been getting PM text like successful renew text?  want to confirm if any chance you are blocking text from PM

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you requested porting at another provider, PM should send you SMS within 90 minutes and you have to reply YES to that message.

Did you leave PM SIM in your phone when you requested porting out?

PM will release your number to other provider if you reply 'yes' to that SMS.

Dee007

yes my PM sim is still in my phone so yes I am still receiving SMS and calls from my PM sim

@Dee007 then  use this direct link to open ticket with PM

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dee007 : Did you leave the PM SIM in a phone to receive and confirm it?

Dee007

well the new provider told my that I need to ask for my current provider to release the number ... and yes it has been more than a day

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

has it been over 90 minutes?  ask the new provider to resend the porting request 

Need Help? Let's chat.