cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

referral code to get rebate

lapointeguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi people could someone send me a code to get a rebate on purchasing a phone from PM. Thank you

18 REPLIES 18

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @esjliv 

did you need to manually add a SIM card?

I just add the phone,  no automatic add sim card added to the cart

and if i add the sim card, it charges me $5 , too

@hTideGnow - the SIM card came up automatically at $5 when I choose the iphone 11.

Finicky thing, isn't it.

@hTideGnow  @esjliv

Ooops, nvd I see @esjliv  already tried with Samsung S10..

HI @esjliv 

did you need to manually add a SIM card?

I just add the phone,  no automatic add sim card added to the cart

hTideGnow_0-1664320792438.png

and if i add the sim card, it charges me $5 , too

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv    I picked the flip phone because that's what OP was interested in... 😊

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

What phone did you hypothetically choose ? I just picked the first one in the list:

esjliv_0-1664320612410.png

Where'd you see 'Bonus SIM' @dabr ?

edit..then tried other phones and found a 'Bonus SIM' for the Samsung S10:

esjliv_1-1664320820653.png

Why??

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv   I just tried to purchase a phone and it says Bonus SIM @ $0.  So still free with the purchase of a phone, but PM has had two for one sale on recently for their SIM card, so that could be what you're seeing.

@dust2dust wrote:

I went looking. The customer was looking for what's called a discount code in the phone purchasing checkout. Not a referral code. Not even about the $30.

@dust2dust @dabr This is the first post, I noticed anyhow, that seemed to refer to this 'discount code' area in phone buying section.

esjliv_0-1664319879906.png

What I also notice, is the SIM card is not $0 anymore, but entered as $5 when I just tried. I thought SIMs were supposed to come free with the phone? Unless, that was an autofill for a 2nd SIM card? 🤔

@dabr- I've never read of any working code for this screen. It's been there all this time. Back before CPO days.

@dust2dust    Does PM offer this discount code with their CPO's or is this offered by other vendors?  Don't think I've seen that myself though.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I went looking. The customer was looking for what's called a discount code in the phone purchasing checkout. Not a referral code. Not even about the $30.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lapointeguy    I just read your response in your other thread (flip phone) asking for a referral code, but you also said in the subsequent post there, that you're with PM already, so a referral code wouldn't be useful.  If you're asking about the $30 rebate for purchasing a PM CPO, then unfortunately, you needed to purchase the phone  by Sept. 6th to qualify for the $30 rebate. 

I did suggest to purchase a phone from Best Buy or London Drugs because it would faster than waiting for a delivery from PM because you said you were only needing PM service for another 3 weeks.

In further defense, I saw his prior thread where he DID ask for a code but I don't know if the person he replied to sent one and then he has his wording here. So I went ahead. I'm all wrong.

And then at the end of the day, what would he do with the $30? He's leaving shortly.

As for the lack of etiquette by some users...yup.

Adding - @Meow - On very rare occasions one might refresh the page to see a blank post. And then afterwards a proper reply. Yup...more lack of etiquette leaning towards actual cheating.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lapointeguy yea sure tell them Carl sent you 🤣

@softech wrote:

.. the importance of reply quick and get the first spot.. don't think, just reply..   ppl can always change back to the proper answer later  🙂

Why would 'first spot' be sooooo important?? I though correct answer is important...

Otherwise just type sdpigisdfjgl sdfnv wait few minutes and then update your First Spot post with correct answer posted by dedicated and knowledgeable people.

.. the importance of reply quick and get the first spot.. don't think, just reply..   ppl can always change back to the proper answer later  🙂

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I also sent a code in response to the subject line and commented that I don't think it would work for buying a phone. Then I read softech's response and yeah that's what he probably means.

@not-trust-anyon wrote:

@lapointeguy 

check envelope icon on the top right 

@not-trust-anyon   Maybe you can message me the code as well?

update:  Oh, you changed your full reply.. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lapointeguy   did you buy a CPO phone and PM supposed to give you the $30 credit?

you should see it on your My Account, if you use the same email address

No worry, all you need to do is to open ticket with PM Support to get it sorted out

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.