cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting of new number from Bell- not receiving incoming calls

jb55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday I set up a new account porting my number from Bell. My outgoing calls are fine as well as texting but incoming calls go straight to voicemail. 

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jb55 wrote:

Yesterday I set up a new account porting my number from Bell. My outgoing calls are fine as well as texting but incoming calls go straight to voicemail. 

@jb55  - Bell Mobile or Bell Landline?

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues and this was a Bell Mobile/Cell port, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; as per the link provided by @Spudster .

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jb55   There is a number you can call and talk to live support, I will message you the phone number.  Check the Community inbox, envelope icon on top right.  Call them, and they will provide you with the porting status and re-trigger the text on your Bell phone if needed

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you didn't get the text or respond yes you will have to redo that step, make sure your old account is still in good standing and you have you old sim in the phone 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Being able to call but not to receive calls after porting has been initiated means you are half way through.

PM assigns temporary number to your phone but old number is not transferred yet.

Did you follow porting procedure to the letter? Answered Yes within 90 minutes of porting request while old SIM was in the phone?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@jb55 

Can you try reinstalling sim and rebooting or resetting your network settings on your phone.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jb55 

Did you respond yes to the Port Arthorization Text?  This is done by leaving the old provider SIM card in your device.

If so, try rebooting your phone or resetting network connections.

To re-initiate the port if you didn't get the port authorization text, click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Need Help? Let's chat.