cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one more gig

KenR1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning p.m.

I have the $25, 3G, one gig plan. It's a perfect fit.

I have a new job and fill out 2 online forms each morning and one gig is not quite doing it. I want to get one more gig of data.

Wow. $15 for one more gig. That's expensive. What can I do thats cheap? 

11 REPLIES 11

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@KenR1 

The recent change pm made to data add ons now expiring 30 days after purchase (unless you purchase a new one before the current one depletes or expires that extends all of the add on data another 30 days**)is a terrible policy change but fits into telus's plan to increase their ARPU by migrating customers to plans $40+ which offer lots of data for cheap but is still very expensive if you don't need much more than 1gb.

**If your data needs are very small purchasing the $5/200mb data add on might be an option but timing of purchase/expiry and the renewal of your plan is important since plan data gets used first.....purchasing once every 30 days to extend all add on data expiry could work in your situation. ($25+$5=$30/1.2gb)

If you are just running close to the edge then employing all of your data saving tools and turning off background data ( this can use up to 38% of your data) could be enough to keep you within your 1gb data allotment.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@KenR1 Public Mobile isn't really playing in the space you're looking at (at the moment). For $14 extra dollars you're getting significantly more data (20GB) at faster speeds (4G vs 3G), but I get that's a 56% increase in spend.

Alternatively you could consider Lucky Mobile  who has a 5GB plan for $30 with auto pay. 

@Handy1 

thanks for pointing that out....didn't read that until you did.

KenR1

Awesome good point of you thank you

@hairbag1  Sure does signed my daughter up on that flash sale today . But it’s only for new activations not existing customers 

@Handy1 

for an extra $1, the $40 plan has 30% more data using 5G network.

@Handy1 wrote:

@KenR1  Next best thing would be the 20GB for $39 plan . Just make change  for next renewal .and note  the data add on expire 30 days after purchase 

@KenR1 

do you have access to free wifi in your new job...maybe you could use that, if it's available.

KenR1

I'll let the super know tomorrow maybe they can accommodate?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@KenR1 

if you do opt to purchase a data add-on, be aware they have a 30 day lifespan. I'd suggest you upgrade to a plan with a bit more data...as suggested above.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@KenR1 

unfortunately, public mobile does not have an offering between $25 and nearly $40.

It really sucks and they should offer something in the $30-$35 range with like 5-10 GB or something.

Thing is, and this has been discussed by others recently, they’re trying to eat into the $40+ market with their plans and offerings it seems.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KenR1  Next best thing would be the 20GB for $39 plan . Just make change  for next renewal .and note  the data add on expire 30 days after purchase 

add here’s some plans you might like to see and can get . Just not here at least yet @KenR1 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Hope-PM-brings-in-the-10GB-for-34-and-3GB...

Need Help? Let's chat.