cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my plan seems to be gone - asking me to pick a new plan

tamas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I login to app or website for the first time in at least a couple of months.  it's asking me to pick a new plan.  None of my info is there.  I had years worth of credits, that all seems to be gone?  Or at least I can't look at it anymore.  I was on a $13 plan I believe.  Now it's giving me a $19 option as the cheapest one.  Do I have to switch to a $19 plan?  Do I still have my number?  My phone is showing no service.

10 REPLIES 10

@tamas 

It sounds like your account is closed but call 1-855-4PUBLIC to confirm.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tamas 

Unfortunately, you may not get your number back, once the account gets closed, the number returned back to the original provider, any customer get gets it.

If the number is assigned to another customer, there is no way you can get it back.

@tamas  Unfortunately it sounds like the account has been closed due to non payment for over 90 days . 

tamas

I use it when I travel to the states. I just checked and the last time my credit card was charged for this line was March 2024. I don’t know why it stopped. However, I have another line I pay for on the same credit card and that one has not been interrupted. The only change was it increased in price back in April, as that is probably when PM took away all my years of credits

@tamas wrote:

call failed.  i am not getting any service.  seems like my account is gone?  I was setup on auto pay before, but haven't used this phone in a few months as it's only for travel.

I'm a little confused as you said "it's only for travel". You can't use Public Mobile outside of Canada and the United States. Or are you from another country and come to Canada to use it? Would you say it's been more than 90 days since you used it last?

tamas

Is there a way to get my number back?  Thank you. 

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tamas 

You don’t have any service, so, It’s possible that your account is gone, if you are on auto pay, and your credit card get declined , the service will be deactivated , if your don’t pay for 90 days, the account will be closed.

check your credit card or payment method statement, when was the last time you had a public mobile transaction?

if it’s more than 90 days it’s possible that your account is closed and your number is gone.

tamas

call failed.  i am not getting any service.  seems like my account is gone?  I was setup on auto pay before, but haven't used this phone in a few months as it's only for travel.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Question @tamas ...  if you dial 611 does it tell you your all paid up or is it saying you need to pay? Check that out as it will tell you if your phone number is still "active" sort of speak and it's not past the 90 day limit. If you're phone has been active until recently, I think it sounds like a bug on the app but dialing 611 will confirm.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@tamas  You should still be on your same $13 plan . If your service isn’t working you need to make payment and resume services . You don’t have to change plans I have. $13 plan still myself infact . But if it trying to force you to change plans maybe get support involved to straighten it out for you 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.