cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my parents lost their sim cards and can't sign back into public mobile.

Jazmyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My mum signed up with telus for their cell phones and, unsurprisingly, immediately got screwed and they didn't keep any of their promises with their new plans.

Problem being, they both threw out their SIM cards with public mobile (which they now want to keep) without cancelling their billing info, first. So both of them still have active accounts. But when they go to sign into their accounts, they can't without giving a code sent via text - or voicemail - to their original public mobile phone numbers. No sim card, no text.

They can't speak to support without signing in. I've sent a message to public mobile customer support through my account, but in the meantime was hoping for some insight here. @CS_Agent 

23 REPLIES 23

HI @Jazmyn   it is probably too late.  But it might be wrong advise from agent

as long as the account not disabled for 90 days, the account is there and she or agent can easily update the new sim and get the account back (same rewards) and  the number

Oh well, likely too late since she moved to another provider

Jazmyn

No, neither of them ported anywhere. But she turned off her auto billing and we couldn't find her sim card, only my dad's. With a new sim card they can't give her her old account or plan back.

HI @Jazmyn  then she has already ported into Telus successfully earlier

No problem.  Hope she likes there.  If not, she can always come back 🤣

Jazmyn

PM told us they could port the number for her, but NOT the plan she had or the loyalty benefits. She would have to create a whole new plan but would just have her old phone number. So she turned off auto billing and she has signed up for a new plan with someone else.

HI @Jazmyn   she can still come back.  The "cancel" is usually just Pre-authorized payment being disabled and you have 90 days to come back, unless she ported the number out (didn't you say the porting to Telus was not completed?)

if her accounts was not closed, you can still buy a sim card from Amazon for $5 and get the sim ard within 2 days.  So, sort out if the PM account really closed first

Jazmyn

My mum was pretty upset over all this and losing any of her loyalty benefits plus the cheaper plan they no longer offer so she cancelled hers. Also, no where in our city carries sim cards anymore. Not a single telus or koodo location. They drove all over yesterday trying to find one. We can ONLY get them by ordering one online. So she has left Public Mobile.

hi @Jazmyn but you still need to buy a new sim for the second line 🙂

Get it from Telus or Koodo stores around you, then submit ticket with agent to change the sim or ask them to help to setup the login so you can change the sim yourself after 

@Jazmyn  Omg ok YAY , well glad you got one of them figured out 🙂 

Jazmyn

A bit of good luck! They found his SIM card so at least he can keep using his account. Hers we were able to disable auto-billing before they lost the SIM, so.... There's that, I guess. Haha. 

@Jazmyn  Seems like just bad timing of your folks loosing the SIM cards and PM rolling out this new app and eversafe ID … that is causing this trouble before the new app you could replace SIM card sign i yourself and swap them or have support do it for you … why they cannot do it now ,, even with verifying the alternate number on the account is beyond me 

@Jazmyn  If worst comes to worse and then cannot do anything and won’t turn billing off , and regrettable they  leave PM for good then you can do a charge back after the fact or pause the credit card on file so the accounts go into suspended state and no more charges will incur … but that’s a worst case senerio of course 

Hi @Jazmyn lol

thanks for explaining.   In fact? good enough to say lost. lol

if porting was not completed, get a PM sim card back, message support and they can be back within a day, or two 

Jazmyn

Saying "they threw them out" just seemed easier than explaining they put them inside envelopes, went to two different Telus dealers to try to get this sorted out, and lost them somewhere on the way.

Jazmyn

They didn't throw them out. He put it in the envelope and it fell out. This all happened within the past few hours. According to what the customer service agents for public mobile are telling me, if you lose your phone (or your phone with your sim card) there is absolutely no way to get back into your account. You have to give them a massive list of identifying stuff (that if you don't remember what you last did, there's no way you can answer it - as we're finding out right now) and so we're even struggling to get them to agree to turn off the billing.

@Jazmyn  so why did they toss the SIM cards if no other sim to potentially replace with Telus … no way to retrieve them in the garage can maybe ..  I’m at a loss , I would figure if you lost your phone as people here before have they would get a new SIM card and swap SIM card number and have there account working again 

Jazmyn

No, there was no porting. Telus never spoke to Public Mobile. Support is saying they cannot help us get back into his Public Mobile account without his original SIM card.

@Jazmyn  so sounds like porting  wasn’t complete if your were able to sign into account … so get support to help you regain access 

hi  @Jazmyn normal id the new login was not setup  completely 

you might need to have suppoet to help instead . Message them

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jazmyn

But the problem is they can't get into their account, and the billing is still on auto billing. Support is saying they can't get into their account at all, and to just order a new sim card, then do the port, all under a new email as well. It will also take a week or two for a sim card to get here because they pulled out of all the stores here.

Jazmyn

funny thing is, it made me add a code from email first, then once it let us sign in that way it made me confirm via text. Now the only options it gives is text or voicemail. Zero options for email.

hi @Jazmyn if the porting was not completed, message support to get access back to My Account 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

But if porting was done, account would have been closed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jazmyn  If you hit resend it should give you an option to send to email instead try that 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jazmyn  as long is hasn’t been more 90 days suspended they could get new SIM cards and do a SIM card swap on there my account or get support to help .. here’s the link to support 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.