cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card

Sue76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I remove my sim card and use a different one whiletraveling for  amonth and not lose my phone # or validity of myPM Sim card? 

7 REPLIES 7

Sue76

Thank you so much!

HI @Sue76 if it is a month,  you might be able to save couple days or 2 weeks or so depends on the time

You can turn off "Subsxribed" on the Payment tab on My Account before you leave for the trip.  The plan will still continue till the end of that cycle but won't renew as you turned off Pre-Authorized payment via turning off Subsribed there.   When you are back from the trip, just make a manual payment to  resume the service .

Sue76

Thank you, it'll be a month. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sue76   how long you will be travelling?

if only short while, there is no point to really suspend the account as PM is prepaid, they won't refund you the days you don't use the service

If you travel long, yes, suspending account will save money, but make sure you reactiate the service within 90 days or you will loss your number

Sue76

Thanks! I wouldn't have known about suspending account! 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, you can removed PM Sim card and use another one while traveling.  Just need to re-insert your PM card when you get back. 

To safe some money, you can turn off autopay and let your account go to suspend status.  If your account is suspended more than 90 days, your account will be permanently closed. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sue76  Yes you can 

Need Help? Let's chat.