cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long distance calls to UK

pamunroe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I have a call from London tomorrow morning, and haven't purchased a long distance add-on. How would I be charged if I don't purchase the add-on before my call? Is it better to add on the 1000 U.K. long distance minutes before? My hesitation is not being able to use them all up, and am wondering which option is less expensive. Thank you for your help!

16 REPLIES 16

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous Must have read that wrong, oops!  It sounded like you were suggesting the International bucket of minutes and misread it.  Cheers!  🙂

@darlicious Ah, the wisdom... yes, there it is, thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB : I'm confused. That's what I'm saying. I was just filling out some detail for you. I'm well aware that the current international doesn't include the UK. I didn't say it did.

BlueB

@Anonymous - I hear what you're saying about gifts/etc, but if the OP wanted to purchase minutes, it doesn't appear the "International" option would help if it doesn't include the UK any more.  I seem to recall this change happening a few months ago?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB : Before they split out all the different LD add-ons, there was just one international. The last 500 minute gift was the same countries as the original 400 minute add-on/gift.

BlueB

@darlicious wrote:

Perhaps your confusion comes from the more the merrier gifts....those international calling add ons do include the UK.

I didn't see the UK listed the International Minutes add-on... does it say (somewhere else) that it is?

thanks..

tell you the truth.. i am cheap.. i don't call long D that I need to pay.. i only use free App. 🤣

@softech 

Perhaps your confusion comes from the more the merrier gifts....those international calling add ons do include the UK.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : You've been here a while.  No, the 300 minutes does not include the UK.

a side question.  OP can use the international call AddOn for calling TO UK, right? yes, it's more "costly" as less minutes.. but that is a more flexible option (can call elsewhere.. not just UK)

BlueB

I noticed that too, @Anonymous and @will13am - my brain processed that the call/meeting is hosted from the UK so that the OP needs to call to the UK... Can you clarify @pamunroe?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am , @pamunroe : lol One key word in there. Subject line says to, first sentence says from.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pamunroe , I am a little confused by your post.  The title says calls to UK but your description suggests receiving a call from the UK.  Receiving calls never involve long distances charges.  As already mentioned you would need to pre-purchase UK calling minutes in order to make the call.  At $15/1000 minutes (1.5¢ per minute), the price is very good.  These minutes are non expiring and so you can take as long as you need to use them up.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pamunroe  Yes, PM is a prepaid service provider.  Buying addons before use is the only way.    the $15  1000 min UK long distance call addon should be the one you get.   Good thing is that there is no expiry date on add-on, as long as you stay with PM 

Please follow the step mentioned above to load fund into your account and then purchase addon

Of course, if the other party willing to talk via app, you might want to use Whatsapp or Facebook Chat or Facetime for free

wellis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As @BlueB has mentioned, you will need to purchase an add-on in order to complete your international call. Add-ons vary in price much like plans, and depending on which one you chose, you will receive a variety of new services. If this is a one time thing, I’d recommend choosing one that would meet your needs, but not force you to spend unnecessary money. 

BlueB

@pamunroe 

If you don't have international calling minutes, you won't be able to call the UK.  You will likely need an Add-on if you don't already have one.  This is a 2-step process:

1. Balance: Ensure you have enough $ in your account before your buy the Add-on, either via one-time top-up or voucher.
  2. Add-on: Purchase the Add-on, and it will deduct from your balance.

Basically, yes, you'll need that add-on before being able to call.  Pre-paid services here otherwise won't connect the call for you.  🙂

Even if you don't use up all the 1000 minutes, the remaining minutes won't expire and will be available in future months until used up.  Unfortunately, the "International" Add-on doesn't seem to include the UK so you're probably stuck with that UK Add-on. 

Alternatively, you could also get a VoIP account that may be cheaper, or a Calling Card, but definitely isn't as convenient as simply adding the Add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.