cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i ported my number 1 day ago. When someone dial get message "1 UT 1 person you are calling is unavai

mike_on_the_go
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i ported my number 1 day ago. When someone dial get message "1 UT 1 person you are calling is unavailable.

My phone can receive texts, text images, and also surff. I can also initiate calls ok.

But i cannot receive calls. Which is very strange.

Can someone please help?

11 REPLIES 11

@YVR wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@YVR wrote:

@mike_on_the_go 

Did you get a text from Public MObile letting you know that your port was sucessful.  Sometimes the port may still be in progress and some weird things happen until its done.  Usually just a few hours.

@YVR FYI: It may have changed, but a while ago PM's "transfer successful" message only indicated PM had successfully registered the number for outgoing calls. Incoming calls awaited completion of the port-in. Robot Frustrated

@Luddite 

I think you are right, the text may not indicate that all services are working.  Again I believe that within a few minutes to hours, incoming and outgoing calls should be working (after the port request is initiated)

@YVR Exactly! PM's own article on port-in says full functionality for a cell number in 2 hours. So I always say contact moderators after 3 hours if you can make only outgoing calls. 

And if the moderators don't respond within 24 hours call the Telus porting line. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@panzerstorm gives good advice.

Number ports involve all the billing and network stuff at both carriers, the phone number can often appear to be working (locally) within minutes or hours, while still needing one or two business days to be fully updated across all of the major and minor Canadian networks. CRTC allows a maximum of up to 10 business days (up to 30 days in some Territories, etc), but it realistically should completely sort itself out after no more than a few days and a phone restart - no need to worry unless it takes longer.

panzerstorm

I just referred my wife to Public Mobile yesterday, and she wanted to port her number over from Lucky Mobile. She had the exact same experience — it took until about midday the next day for the porting process to fully complete and receive calls. Frankly I was impressed with how smoothly it went despite the delay; even though she wasn't sure of her account number with her previous provider, Public still managed to port her over successfully.

I wouldn't worry about the delay unless it goes at least another day with no progress, and make sure to restart your phone every hour or so before checking. Because porting involves your SIM, it may require a restart in order to take effect.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

@YVR wrote:

@mike_on_the_go 

Did you get a text from Public MObile letting you know that your port was sucessful.  Sometimes the port may still be in progress and some weird things happen until its done.  Usually just a few hours.

@YVR FYI: It may have changed, but a while ago PM's "transfer successful" message only indicated PM had successfully registered the number for outgoing calls. Incoming calls awaited completion of the port-in. Robot Frustrated

@Luddite 

I think you are right, the text may not indicate that all services are working.  Again I believe that within a few minutes to hours, incoming and outgoing calls should be working (after the port request is initiated)

@YVR wrote:

@mike_on_the_go 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mike_on_the_go 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mike_on_the_go wrote:

i ported my number 1 day ago. When someone dial get message "1 UT 1 person you are calling is unavailable.

My phone can receive texts, text images, and also surff. I can also initiate calls ok.

But i cannot receive calls. Which is very strange.

Can someone please help?

@mike_on_the_go  Some ports can longer than others for some reason.  Hopefully, by now everything is working and your port is complete or moderators have already assisted?

If not, first try rebooting your phone.  Another thing to try is to power off your phone, remove the SIM, wait 5 mins and re-insert SIM and restart your phone.

jackyjao

My wife also had the same case for receving calls problem after switching to Public Mobil. Fortunately, she can get calls finally one day later.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   -> Click on Chat with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mike_on_the_goIf you place your old providers sim in your phone, is the call completed? If it is, your port is probably stuck.  Contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.. Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).

@mike_on_the_go wrote:

i ported my number 1 day ago. When someone dial get message "1 UT 1 person you are calling is unavailable

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Was your old account active?

Does your old sim work?

Can you please contact moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.