cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to leave Public Mobile?

Umang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent I want to move to a different service provider as I am getting 10GB of 3G data per month for just $25. What is the process to discontinue public mobile service

12 REPLIES 12

@yoonpang wrote:

awsome thank you.

Lets see how Public Mobile's agents going to react to this. But Public Mobile Community is great. Thanks everyone!

They don't need to know that you're cancelling.  The card removal request could be because you're going to start using vouchers or were using a friend's card before.

yoonpang

awsome thank you.

Lets see how Public Mobile's agents going to react to this. But Public Mobile Community is great. Thanks everyone!

@yoonpang here’s how 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

yoonpang

how do i send a private message to CS_Agent ?

@yoonpang wrote:

I did disable the subscription back in June, but then last week i notice it was still charging me. So i logged into PM and i see the subscribe button enabled again.
Is there anything else i had to do ?

Do it again but also send a private message to CS_Agent and request that your card be removed from the account.

yoonpang

I did disable the subscription back in June, but then last week i notice it was still charging me. So i logged into PM and i see the subscribe button enabled again.
Is there anything else i had to do ?

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Whatever you do, do not initiate the cancellation with Public Mobile because you'll lose your number. Initiate a port in request with your new provider; once processed it will automatically close your PM account. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Umang 

once you've successfully ported your PM number to new provider, you PM account is closed automatically.

We'll be here when you get back.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Umang  Are you going Chatr or Lucky?  The 10GB for $25 is only for a year, after that, you go back to 1GB.  But yeah you can move around again then

You are going to another carrier, best to port out your number to the new carrier, your PM account will be closed after

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Umang  Right now there a plan for 20GB for $39 

but if your still want to leave you can port out your number to a new carrier and that will cancel your public mobile account automatically. Or turn off auto pay 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Umang 

To "leave", you can either port out your number to another provider and your account will be closed upon successful port out of the number

Or you can disable the toggle "Subscribed" to disable Pre-Authorized payment instead.  Once it is disabled, PM will not be able to renew your account on your next renewal , your account will then be suspended on that day and 90 more days, it will be closed

To disable Pre-authorized payment, you can use *611 if you know the 4 digits PIN

Or you can also login to My Account and go to Payment page -> Manage Subscribed, and then toggle the "Subscribed" to disable Pre-Authorized payment.  

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-payment/manage-subscriptionhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-payment/manage-subscription

Need Help? Let's chat.