cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much will be charged if I received the text out of Canada?

Fangfang1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have a plan of $25 per month with unlimited text and some data, are there any friends can tell me how much I need to pay if I just use it for receiving text out of Canada? Also, do I need enable roaming to receive the text?

Thank you guys,

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Fangfang1 

Cost depends on where your friends are located and what plan they are on.
If you are located in Canada, the SMS will be free and you only need Roaming enabled if your friends are sending you a MMS (text with photos attachments).

Your friends can texts and call you for free through WiFi on WhatsApp or TextNow.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Fangfang1 

if you are going to US , just want to receive text, it is FREE.  Make sure you connects to T-Mobile network and you can receive text for free

But if you need to send text, reply text, send and receive calls, and/or mobile data, you will need to have appropriate roaming add-ons

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Fangfang1  You will need a US roaming add on to use your phone in the US any other country will not work with PM except of course canada 

Mark613
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM only works in Canada and probably USA.  Incoming SMS is free.  It doesn't work in other countries, such as Asia , Europe and Australia 

Need Help? Let's chat.