cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM Card Activation

Winnie610
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's my first time trying to get a SIM card in Canada. I didn’t have other Canadian number. Can’t activate the PM card. I input my code thru registered email correctly, but was then asked to provide another code thru SMS, I couldn’t get it thru PM number. I believe it’s because the SIM card is yet to set up.
In fact I got referral code but was then found I was still charged of $15+ for the basic plan. With all these bad experience, I don’t want to subscribe PM anymore cos of none of CS support. However, I’m afraid if my credit account will automatically be charged every month. Since I can’t provide the code through SMS of the yet-to-activate SIM card, I can’t go to my account and check my subsequent payment instruction. Can anyone please tell me if my subscription process is done? Will my account be charged automatically every month then? 

12 REPLIES 12

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Winnie610 

You will need to contact customer support to ask for a refund. It appears the wait times have been resolved so keep checking your private messages for a reply from them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Winnie610   Could you please have $16.95 refunded to me?

You need to contact customer service again, everyone responding here is a customer and can't do anything with your account.

Winnie610

I in fact attended Telus/ Koodo shop in person two days ago asking for help. Was disappointed when the shop assistant told me they could only help if I pay another $59.9. They would then fix the issue and transfer my PM number to Telus.

Thanks for your offer but I’m afraid I can no longer use it. Being a newcomer, I have to apply for all the official documents quickly, as well as open bank account and find a job, I’m sure you can imagine all these can’t be done without a phone number. As such, I’ve committed another mobile plan which is more expensive than PM basic $15+, though it means a waste of the annual data card that I’ve brought along with me. As mobile services are urgently in need, I have no choice. Hope you understand. Could you please have $16.95 refunded to me? It’s charged to my RBC credit account on 5 Jun. 

I think it’s easier to transfer a local number to PM than trying to get the first mobile support from PM. I’ll reconsider using PM after I settle down here. Looking forward to getting favourable reply from you 

RavingRaven

@Winnie610 

If your activation failed you would be able to start the activation all over again. If you get message like "Sim card in use" or similar that does not allow you to continue with the activation then your Sim card has been activated but did not provision to your account and/or your account did not get set up correctly. But since you are getting sent the 6 digit code to confirm verification as the account holder (you just can't recieve it because the Sim card needs provisioning) that does confirm you have activated your Sim card.

But I do agree this is a terrible first experience setting up your mobile service. Since the parent company of Public Mobile>>Telus is proudly showing off how great their full service, all-in-one PM App is for customers to completely self manage their mobile services with when instead it fails from the very beginning and their online only customer support cannot provide timely support when it is most needed then compensation to keep you as a customer is needed (or a refund).

Once customer support provisions your Sim card and gets all of your services up and running allowing access to your account and they add the referral code ask for a one month credit on your account for all of the inconvenience.

RavingRaven

@Winnie610 

There are issues currently with some customers submitting tickets and/or private messages that cannot be seen by customer support. Please report back after 48 hours has passed from your first ticket or message being sent if you have not had a reply from customer support.

You can view the date and time of when your ticket/message was sent by looking under "Sent" in your private messages by clicking on "Inbox" at the top left of your private messages list.

Winnie610

Good to know. Thanks. Hope can get the relief 

Winnie610

I tried with attempts. As code from SMS is needed to get a ticket, I got stuck in nowhere. Just sent a private message. Thanks!

hi @Winnie610 you already got charged at Step 5 and I think you at step 6 now

please ask support agent to check 

@Winnie610 

If the activation fail then your SIM is not activated and you won’t be charged.

Best to contact an agent through Chat.

Winnie610

Yes I did download the PM app and tried to activate my card there but failed

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Winnie610  Contact customer service, either via the chat icon bottom right of this page or by private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at the envelope icon top right of this page or tap your avatar for Messages.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Winnie610 

You can only activate the PM SIM on the PM app but you need to change the county on Google Play  or App Store.

You have the option to pick a Canada number and you can’t port your international number.

To contact a CS_Agent by submitting a ticket on the Chat bubble but PM is a prepaid service so there are no refund by you can try.

Need Help? Let's chat.