cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over billing

Elaine9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was charged 28.00 on the last bill and it is usually 22.40  Please explain why.

2 REPLIES 2

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Elaine9 

you were wondering where the autopay/loyalty discount/friend rewards gone?   PM has ended that old system and moved everyone to the new Public Points!!

So, now you have to pay full price first and PM will give you back points after.  Instead of loyalty rewards monthly, you get 10 points per year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile.  Instead of $2 autopay discount, you get 5% of your plan in points.  

And the points are useful to reduce the bill. After you got 15+ points, you will go to rewards site to redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Elaine9 

you might have missed the announcement back in March about the rewards system change 

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

But you have a $25-1GB plan?  If so, PM is offering existing subscribers a $19-1GB plan.  It is pretty much the same $25 -1GB plan, except it is better, it has 4G speed instead of 3G.   With it being just $19, you can recover the lost reward savings from the change of the reward system.  You might want to login to My Account and schedule a plan change to this $19 plan using Change on Renewal option

Need Help? Let's chat.