cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Promo Text?

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It seems PM only target certain customers with promo texts.  What is PM's criteria for excluding other customers from these offers?

13 REPLIES 13

RavingRaven

@EB0 

Why don't you ask customer support if you are subscribed to recieve text offers? I know you can get them to unsubscribe you and so they must be able to subscribe you as well? Or you can always try texting "SUBSCRIBE" to 5213.

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm still on my  first month with PM and already got a promo text offering a much better plan with more data but of course it costs more. So maybe the promos to upgrade  are only offered to lower priced plan holders. .  As member hTideGnow advised me in a previous thread - be careful if you upgrade you may not be able to downgrade later to your present plan.

That is odd, @EB0 

So longevity isn't a factor - I've only been on it 2 1/2 years, so maybe they figure I'm more likely to switch? 

Who knows???

EB0

@HALIMACSi have been on $15 plan for 7 years, i have never received any promotion SMSs , so it’s normally random.

Indeed only the $15 plan may get the offer @EB0 

how long have the accounts been on the $15 plans?

funpig1

No. My wife has had about five.

EB0

@HALIMACS 

I have some accounts on $15 250MB plans.

Also, I have some with $19 and $34, $25, which I don’t think those plans will get any promotion SMS.

Which plan you on, @EB0 ?

EB0

I have been with Public mobile for a long time and have multiple accounts, none of my accounts has received any offers.

RavingRaven

@funpig1 

Have you recieved targeted SMS offers previously?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Makes NO sense to me @funpig1 

I got the offer, but have no interest in switching from my $15 plan.

So however they decide, they should be asking someone else  🤔

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I assume they just close their eyes and point? LOL.

No clue. Nobody ever really knows or understand how Public Mobile thinks. Just when you think you have it, nope, back to the drawing board. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @funpig1 

sorry, the promo is really random. If you don't get it, wait for the next round 

(some believe it also based on the current plan you have. But even you have that plan, it is still random as to whether you get it or not)

Need Help? Let's chat.