cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just received my SIM, how long can I wait before activating?

TakeMe2ThePub
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just received my SIM card, for personal reasons I would prefer to another 3-4 weeks before activating?  Is it possible to do this without being charged for service?

5 REPLIES 5

HelpDesk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If it’s an inactivated SIM card, it does not expire. You can activate it anytime.

Sana_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

if you already paid for the package, it is best to start the process a couple of days before to avoid disruption of service. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@TakeMe2ThePub   If you're transferring a phone number from another provider, make sure to start the transfer while you still have the other account, preferably two or three days before it is due to expire/renew.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @TakeMe2ThePub yes, another 3 or 4 weeks wait is ok.  When you are ready, download PM app and use the app the complete the subscription and the cycle will start then 

@TakeMe2ThePub wrote:

I just received my SIM card, for personal reasons I would prefer to another 3-4 weeks before activating?  Is it possible to do this without being charged for service?

As Public Mobile generally doesn't know when you actually received the SIM card, you'll be fine. I believe that you would have already been charged for your plan. However, your plan won't start until you've confirm that you're received the SIM card and complete the activation process.

Need Help? Let's chat.