cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 821 when trying to activate

elderkinj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Received error code 821 when trying to activate.

I can see the payment went through on my credit card.

Trying to log in but isn't recognizing my user name or password.  Also, the forgot password function isn't working.  Help!

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@elderkinj  error 821 has to do with you provided IMEI number for porting information.

If PM didn't charge you yet, you can try again to activate but please provide the account number of your old provider instead for the porting information

When you try activate again, there is a change you will now get an error "Please enter a valid Canadian number", if you see this, this will be because your earlier attempt of porting still stuck on the system.  You will have to open ticket with PM support to clear that lock before you try activation again

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do not try to activate again! Check your payment card to see if your plan amount has been charged.

Try SIM in some other phone. That will determine if it is your phone’s hardware issue.

Usually 821 is missing/incorrect porting information. Your SIM card will need provisioning to your incomplete account activation. Send a private message to customer support with "incomplete activation" in the subject line and explain in detail your issue. Once the CSA sets it up correctly you will be able to finish your self serve account set up.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@elderkinj 

Do not activate again

Try your PM SIM card in your phone.

To login in, try to clear cache or incognito mode.  Or a different web browser.  Website is finicky.  

Need Help? Let's chat.