cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM swapping

Acash
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How easy is it to swap? And what is the best practical process to go about it? Is this eligible with all plans? Are there any benefits to swapping?

5 REPLIES 5

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Acash  You can sim swap the number like this in your profile tap . The Benefit of physical sim is you can change devices often with out having to rebuy  esim so I prefer physical sim for that reason alone 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1701105973883.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Acash 

you meant to use swap to eSIM?  At the meoment there are more disadvantages than advantages with eSIM

eSIM is best if you have mutliple accounts and you don't want to swap physical sim cards all the time (of course if you have an eSIM only phone, like US's iPhone 14/15, then you have no choice but eSIM)

However, if you have just one account, or your phone supports 1 eSIM and 1 physical, it is best to stick with physical sim for your primary account, like PM, and leave the eSIM for travel sim.  The reason for that is eSIM cannot be moved across phones  If you have a new phone, or if you ever wipe your phone, intentionally or by mistakes, you will have to re-buy a new eSIM again.  It will cost you $5.    There is no such problem with Physical sim card.

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @Acash, If you already have a physical sim, there aren’t any big benefits to swapping. However, if you’re yet to buy a SIM buying an eSIM, will give you the same functionality and save your bit of cash. Installing an eSIM was fairly straightforward, on my Samsung phone, adding it was very simple and I think it works with all plans. Hope this helps!

lawalvin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It was quite difficult for me to swap, I have an iphone 13 that is supposed to be eSim compatible, but it still fails to swap to eSim, I ended up buying a physical sim card and had Public Mobile crediting the cost back.
(I swapped last Saturday but porting from another carrier wasn't entirely successful, I am unable to recevie any phone calls now.... not sure if the network is too crowded during black friday weekend)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Acash no swap can be done with eSIM.  eSIM can only installed once adn tie with the device it install

if you need to sway, you need to "buy" new eSIM for $5.  To rebuy eSIM on your new device, you will need to download PM app and buy from Subscription & Addons page

Need Help? Let's chat.