cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing plans -loyalty rewards

marymary
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! I am still on the old rewards system (not the points system) - I'm thinking of updating my plan since it's way worse than some of the current ones on offer. I just need to check it won't automatically sign me up for the points if I do this? One of the offers "perks" was extra points. I'm happy with my loyalty rewards, I don't want points.

6 REPLIES 6

marymary
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone! Good to know 🙂

I am a "loyal" customer of 5 years so very happy with the legacy program haha

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS wrote:

You are wise to stay with your legacy rewards ... They are universally better than public points, unless your want to save less and place more $$$ into TELUS's pockets. 

Mostly true.

Old Rewards ($) will save more money in the long run. After you've stuck around for years and those Loyalty Rewards keep adding up.

New Rewards (Points) will save more money right now, in the immediate term. Especially if you accept one of PM's bribes to migrate over from old Rewards, to liquidate steady savings for a pocketful of spending money.

New Rewards are obviously designed to appeal to customers who constantly fly from provider to provider, who constantly chase after the best promo they can find anywhere. Old Rewards are only worthwhile if you're a "loyal" customer for 5+ years.

Nikita4ever
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey. I promise you it won't change it. Your good. I have changed my husband and still on rewards not points 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You are wise to stay with your legacy rewards @marymary 

They are universally better than public points, unless your want to save less and place more $$$ into TELUS's pockets. 

Just don't do it,  switch that is.  🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @marymary 

many changed plan and tested, me included, changing plan would not convert you into the new points rewards 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@marymary 

You can freely change plan and it wont' affect your current rewards, also confirmed by Community Manager here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FAQ-amp-Troubleshooting/td-p/986594

Will I be moved to the new rewards program if I change my plan?
Changing your plan won’t automatically transfer you to our new Public Points rewards program. If you’re currently on our legacy rewards program, you will continue to stay on it. However, we encourage you to explore Public Points, as it opens up even more opportunities for savings.

Need Help? Let's chat.